U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 01:25 PM

12,482 posts, read 7,849,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Okay, I get you!

I think that if the man and woman are involved in a serious, monogamous relationship, where the woman feels safe to tell the man and to ask for his input, then yes, he should be involved in the decision-making.

But I understand, as well, when a woman doesn't feel safe to include him in the process. You have to remember that women are most often assaulted and attacked by men they know, men they've dated, men they've even married. If a woman feels that her autonomy will be threatened, by someone who is abusive or controlling, then she has the right to consider how best to inform the man, or whether to inform him.
The OP i was in the discussion with would disagree on the first part of your statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 02:22 PM

37,211 posts, read 20,932,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The OP i was in the discussion with would disagree on the first part of your statement.
Are you asking me to stop arguing with you and to start arguing with that poster?

Old 09-30-2009, 02:28 PM

12,482 posts, read 7,849,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Are you asking me to stop arguing with you and to start arguing with that poster?
First i consider our discussion genuine with mutual respect not an argument. I will not change your mind, you will not change mine and we have kept the discourse civil.
Who you choose to argue with is your concern.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:42 PM

37,211 posts, read 20,932,330 times
Quote:
First i consider our discussion genuine with mutual respect not an argument. I will not change your mind, you will not change mine and we have kept the discourse civil.
Who you choose to argue with is your concern.
I guess I was just thinking that since we had a disagreement, that we were arguing. But it was civil, and I am sincere when I say that I respect your position on this topic. It is an emotional issue, and that's as it should be, because we are talking about very important things.

And I was just being facetious with my earlier remark about arguing with someone else.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:40 PM

27,236 posts, read 38,213,394 times
Quote:
So the father has no say in a child.
Father's job is to work and financially support his wife/family. Childrearing is HER responsibility, not his.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 32,730,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Childrearing is HER responsibility, not his.
WHOA there Bubba - Childrearing is the Mother and FATHERS responsibility!

What century do you live in TK??

Old 09-30-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
So what you are saying is men can have sex whoever they want with any result and they have no responsibility or obligations to the woman, that the woman has all the rights and responsibility.

i cant believe you believe that.
Didn't say a thing about a man's obligations. Said it wasn't his decision.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
If the woman is the one making all the decisions as the OP said. the how is it the mans responsibility.
Personally i disagree with the OP . I think the responsibility is with both men and woman. If the Op was right it is the womans body therefore why would any man take any responsibility.
if a man can have no say in what a womans uterus does then so be it free sex for men with no responsibility
Unless you're keeping her chained in your basement, you can't force a woman to have your "love child". It is ultimately her decision. That doesn't mean a man doesn't have responsibilities.

What if they both agree that they don't want children, yet she changes her mind and stops taking birth control, or sabotages his? He can't stop her from having a kid either...even though he was clear about his intentions from the start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies