Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,612,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
My opinion has always been, when left to go full term, when is a fetus given a 90% or more chance of going full term, and I have always seen this as the beginning of the second trimester. Aborting a child after that, to me any way, is crossing the line. As it stands now, democrats look at a baby within minutes prior to birth, as nothing but fertilizer.
A fetus cannot survive if a woman goes into labor at the beginning of the 2nd trimester.
A fetus cannot survive without the woman's body at that point.

You cannot abort a baby minutes prior to birth and you will find very few people in favor of that.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,524,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yes, life began at a specific point - billions of years ago, and continues to this day. That's what you don't understand. Contrary to what some claim, we're not magically poofed into existence by a "creator god."

Because of the way we reproduce, no one can say with certainty when life begins. It's all opinion.
You didn't read post #10? I explain it perfectly. A human being is an organism that will develop into an adult human being barring premature death. Prior to conception, this is not the case. So yes, we do know when human life begins.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Too funny. I expect the Nobel committee is knocking at your door right now.
Too funny, but notice you can't dispute it.

Nobel isn't interested in facts. Don't you remember? They gave Algore a prize based on the scientific chicanery called manmade global warming.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM

37,730 posts, read 21,846,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
A fetus cannot survive if a woman goes into labor at the beginning of the 2nd trimester.
A fetus cannot survive without the woman's body at that point.

You cannot abort a baby minutes prior to birth and you will find very few people in favor of that.
I said full term, not the 5% scenarios where the woman or the baby go into medical distress. There are people trying to draw the line from when a baby could survive outside the womb, but I have no such argument.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,042,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
My opinion has always been, when left to go full term, when is a fetus given a 90% or more chance of going full term, and I have always seen this as the beginning of the second trimester. Aborting a child after that, to me any way, is crossing the line. As it stands now, democrats look at a baby within minutes prior to birth, as nothing but fertilizer.
Sad, but true. How that doesn't pull at a person's heartstrings is beyond me. I suppose when a person's moral compass is dictated by the Supreme Court, it should come as no surprise though. "Hey it's legal...why should I care?" is abhorrent.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:25 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,612,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
You didn't read post #10? I explain it perfectly. A human being is an organism that will develop into an adult human being barring premature death. Prior to conception, this is not the case. So yes, we do know when human life begins.
Ok, link me to the scientific study that proves that life begins at conception.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:25 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,495,644 times
Quote:
A sperm is an organism that will develop into human being, barring failure to fertilize. So no, you don't know squat.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,921,854 times
Quote:
See my post #10 where I make the unassailable case that human life begins at conception. It's not opinion at all. It's a hard fact. Indisputable. Read and learn.
Hell why don't we take it a set back, a sperm cell is very much alive so as the Catholic Church used to teach (I haven't updated since the 70's) masturbation is the immoral destruction of human life? Using that logic, as the Catholic Church did/does any sex outside of procreation is a sin. But I don't think that you are going to find a Catholics outside of a monetary or a convent who is going to go along with that idea much less anyone else.

An unviable zygote isn't any different that a free swimming sperm cell.

8,299 posts, read 8,577,554 times
Quote:
Obviously you aren't making the air-tight case you think you are; otherwise, everyone would be agreeing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Ok, link me to the scientific study that proves that life begins at conception.
It's a logical argument authored by me. Tell me how it's flawed. Should I hold my breath? LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies