Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:08 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,530,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
An equally simple answer, the woman whose body carries said fetus.

Anything else I can help you with?
Terribly sorry, chum. People don't own other people, remember? That was outlawed in 1863. A woman has no more moral right to kill her fetus than your mum has to shotgun you to death right now.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:10 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Apparently the poster is of the belief that unwanted pregnancies are only the result of one-night stands with multiple partners by single promiscuous women.
It's probably within reason to believe that most abortions are performed on single, unwed mothers, yes. Are you presuming that most abortions are instead performed on married, monogamous women? I'd be curious to know why you might think that.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,971,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
It's a case of simple logic.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same as an adult human being except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period. A human embryo WILL develop into an adult human being barring premature death. Period. Ironclad.

This statement is so simple and so irrefutable. It eliminates all the arbitrary BS the left tries to apply to somehow imply an embryo or fetus is "not yet human". It is of the human species at the moment of conception. It has all the chromosomes an adult has. Developmental stage is the only difference.
"Exactly the same" is not a scientific term. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish using lay terms to describe a fetus.

Does your the two cell "embroyo" have a blue print to grow into a full size adult? Of course.

Is it "exactly the same" as a human? No. It does not have developed organs and most importantly no developed nervous system which would enable it to feel pain/pleasure or have thoughts.

Hence it can be aborted at that point.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Rhetoric like this leads to wingnuts going out on killing sprees. Right wingers have killed at least 4 times in the last year. That's murder for real. Politically motivated murder.
Gosh darned free speech and all! Gonna get somebody killed! Ayres is OK, Right?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,530,678 times
Quote:
"Exactly the same" is not a scientific term. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish using lay terms to describe a fetus.

Does you the two cell "embroyo" have a blue print to grow into a full size adult? Of course.

Is it "exactly the same" as a human? No. It does not have developed organs and most importantly no developed nervous systems which would enable it to feel pain/pleasure or have thoughts.
"Developed organs" "Developed nervous system"--both of these things fall under 'stage of development'. Reread my definition. It eliminates all specious arguments like yours.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:17 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:

Does your the two cell "embroyo" have a blue print to grow into a full size adult? Of course.

Is it "exactly the same" as a human? No. It does not have developed organs and most importantly no developed nervous system which would enable it to feel pain/pleasure or have thoughts.

Hence it can be aborted at that point.
It saddens me that liberals will take something as important as human life and pro-creation and turn it into a biological technicality that validates their personal actions. It's sickening the lack of accountability that permeates that reasoning.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
The Golden Rules says do unto "others" and you would have "others" do unto you.

A early stage fetus has no nervous system, no feelings, no thoughts.

One could argue that makes them not a full human yet. So it is not a human or an "other" yet.

And BTW I do apply the Golden Rule here...I'm not trying to tell you how to live you life and mandate what you do in making family decisions.....Wish you would do the same.
Thank you Dr. Mengele!

Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It saddens me that liberals will take something as important as human life and pro-creation and turn it into a biological technicality that validates their personal actions. It's sickening the lack of accountability that permeates that reasoning.
Oh please.

Like Republicans have NEVER had an abortion.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So when can I read your study in the medical and scientific journals. I must have missed this great scientific breakthrough in the news.
So what do you think it is? Toaster oven maybe?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's probably within reason to believe that most abortions are performed on single, unwed mothers, yes. Are you presuming that most abortions are instead performed on married, monogamous women? I'd be curious to know why you might think that.
60% of women who have abortions are already mothers. They know what the impact of an unwanted pregnancy will be on their lives. They know about the joys of motherhood and the costs.

56% of women who have abortions are in their twenties. They are not only at their prime child-bearing years, but also at the beginning of their professional lives. They are keenly aware of the costs of pregnancy and motherhood. They are aware that setbacks to their careers at this point in their lives will have a long-term harmful economic impact from which they may not recover.

Abortion: Just the Data
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies