U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM

3,486 posts, read 4,697,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The last three posts include a poster who feels she can read the mind of every man
Of course, I can't read the mind of every man, but based on historical experience and certain societal trends, I can certainly make reasonable inferences about the thinking of certain men who espouse certain policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
and is under the mistaken impression that large numbers of women are not pro-life as well,
I am aware that there is a large number of pro-life women (although more than 3/4 of pro-life leaders are men). There are also lots of women who are misogynistic, believe women should be disenfranchised, and that their husbands should beat them. The fact that they are women doesn't make their views any less patriarchal or anti-woman. Both genders have irrational people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 01:16 PM

3,856 posts, read 3,433,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Of course, I can't read the mind of every man, but based on historical experience and certain societal trends, I can certainly make reasonable inferences about the thinking of certain men who espouse certain policies.

I am aware that there is a large number of pro-life women (although more than 3/4 of pro-life leaders are men). There are also lots of women who are misogynistic, believe women should be disenfranchised, and that their husbands should beat them. The fact that they are women doesn't make their views any less patriarchal or anti-woman. Both genders have irrational people.
Do you remember the name Paul Hill? He shot and killed a doctor in Pensacola, Florida. Hill was a violent "pro-life" activist.

Hill was tried, convicted, sentenced to death and sent to Florida's death row. Ultimately Hill waived his appeals and volunteered to be executed after a number of years on death row. He made a public "last statement" and said that he was tired and wanted to go be with Jesus. Yes, he was absolutlely confident that he was going to heaven to live with Jesus. And the state of Florida accommodated his wish and executed him. IMO, Hill was still as crazy when they executed him as he was the day he shot and killed that doctor. I am anti-death penalty, and opposed the death penalty even for Hill......at the same time, I found it amazing that Hill would preach about the sacredness of the "life"......and then KILLED a human being in the name of the PRO-LIFE movement!

I, too, have found it interesting that the majority of the "pro-life" leaders are MEN. Have you ever read The Chalice & Blade ?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I do hope that everyone who is requesting that this thread be closed is clicking on the "warning sign" in the top right hand section of the post, to alert a moderator. . . yes. . . I have done this.
I did too.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Can we say that about rape as well? Isn't that just 'different people having different views and values'? Maybe you have a very simplistic and narrow-minded opinion about rape.

Abortion isn't the same as going through the Drive-Thru at McDonald's. It is a hideous violent evil act. Just like rape only more so, because it is far more violent and deadly.
So, did you support the KILLING of the doctor in Pensacola by Paul Hill? That was a very violent and deadly act.

Isn't your whole "view" based on the sacredness of LIFE?......yet pro-choice activists KILL in the name of defending "Life"........there's something wrong with that picture.

Last edited by Austin13; 05-05-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
See? I knew the libs would take off no matter how I answered it. I was right. You can't ever pleased people who don't want to be pleased. That's why I've taken to kicking liberals in the teeth and being glad I did.
Ahhhh, I guess you are exemplifying the loving nature of your god, huh? Your posts ALWAYS remind me why I am very "careful" when around very loud and outspoken "Christians"......who seem to harbor so much hatred for "liberals."

You could have simply said to the woman that it is NOT your place to judge her and her decisions........however something as obvious as that would never have occurred to you because that is exactly what you do, JUDGE.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:36 PM

932 posts, read 1,434,099 times
Quote:
Does a man have free will to rape? Would you judge him for that?
He sure does. That's the same as asking if you have free will to eat fried chicken. Its not good for your health, but you chose to eat it and ultimately you and the rapist will suffer the consequences of those actions you chose to participate in.

Also, I will not be facing E^4 on Judgment Day.

Last edited by LoveMiiorHateMii; 05-05-2009 at 02:06 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 01:43 PM

3,089 posts, read 4,316,366 times
Also, I will not be facing E^4 on Judgment Day.

Nor will any of us. . . thank goodness! Can you imagine anything worse than a vengeful God?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:06 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,183,715 times
It amazes me how such a serious and Personal subject as abortion has become a political football.
When a woman becomes pregnant with a unwanted child, the last thing she is thinking about is whether her decision will be made because she is a Dem or Rep.
Unfortunately the debate on abortion is now about Dem's against Rep's.
Get over yourselves and realise that this is a personal choice and absolutely no business of anyone else except the woman and guy who have the difficult decision to make about their yet to be formed fetus.
If you aren't the person/ persons involved....Keep your Nose out!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

932 posts, read 1,434,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
It amazes me how such a serious and Personal subject as abortion has become a political football.
When a woman becomes pregnant with a unwanted child, the last thing she is thinking about is whether her decision will be made because she is a Dem or Rep.
Get over yourselves and realise that this is a personal choice and absolutely no business of anyone else except the woman and guy who have the difficult decision to make about their yet to be formed fetus.
Thank you

Old 05-05-2009, 02:23 PM

435 posts, read 512,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post

And who speaks for the Fetus? or the unborn baby? They want to live like just like any one else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies