Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,038,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
60% of women who have abortions are already mothers. They know what the impact of an unwanted pregnancy will be on their lives. They know about the joys of motherhood and the costs.

56% of women who have abortions are in their twenties. They are not only at their prime child-bearing years, but also at the beginning of their professional lives. They are keenly aware of the costs of pregnancy and motherhood. They are aware that setbacks to their careers at this point in their lives will have a long-term harmful economic impact from which they may not recover.

Abortion: Just the Data
Of course none of those women (and men) should have thought of that before creating another human.

Once again, the liberal pro-abortion agenda is nothing but an attempt to relieve individuals of responsibility for their actions, as proven by your statistics above.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:14 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,513,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Of course none of those women (and men) should have thought of that before creating another human.

Once again, the liberal pro-abortion agenda is nothing but an attempt to relieve individuals of responsibility for their actions, as proven by your statistics above.

and those conservative women that have the abortions THANK the liberals for fighting for a womans right.

8,346 posts, read 7,016,261 times
Quote:

I personally don't see anything wrong with aborting a fetus so it won't hinder you or your family from a better life.

8,762 posts, read 11,540,586 times
Quote:

How do you know if those women in the statistics above are all part of the pro abortion LIBERAL agenda?

Your posts are rather amusing to read. Just claiming this is all a liberal thing when conservatives are doing it too?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
How do you know if those women in the statistics above are all part of the pro abortion LIBERAL agenda?

Your posts are rather amusing to read. Just claiming this is all a liberal thing when conservatives are doing it too?
Give me a break. Of course there have been conservatives that have had abortions on an individual level. But on a nationwide-policy level, it is indeed the liberals who continue to push the pro-abortion agenda.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,576,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
The coathanger thing is my favorite pro-abortion argument. "If you don't let me abort my child, I'll kill myself" as if we are somehow making her do this. You people are saying a woman is smart enough to make a choice, yet dumb enough to put her life at danger by going into the shadows to get her child butchered.

My feeling is this; Abortion is a evil vile despicable action which SHOULD be relegated to the dark corners. People who would kill their own children SHOULD be forced to keep company with the crack dealers, the pimps, and the abortion doctors.
You are entitled to feel however you want to feel about abortion. Have at it. But I'll go out and get an abortion next month should I decide that that is the right decision for me, and it will a completely legal act.

But whom you should be trying to convince with your argument are the political leaders of the Republican Party, which I'm assuming you belong to. If not, then you should be talking with conservative leadership, generally, about why they haven't done anything to overturn Roe v. Wade. And get them to tell you how their objective isn't to overturn Roe v. Wade, but rather to use the issue to continue to line their pockets with the promise of TRYING to overturn it.

P.S. You might want to read the New Testament and learn from how Jesus led his life before spewing anymore of your judgmental bile.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,016,261 times
Quote:
Give me a break. Of course there have been conservatives that have had abortions on an individual level. But on a nationwide-policy level, it is indeed the liberals who continue to push the pro-abortion agenda.
And as it has been said, pro-abortion is a misnomer. Very few people are actually pro-abortion. Pro-abortion means that the person is for abortion in general.

Pro-choice, the correct term here, means that the person is for the choice, either way, of abortion or pregnancy.

I don't have an agenda outside of keeping the procedure safe for women, and keeping the choice available to them should the unfortunate situation arise.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:22 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,513,711 times
Quote:

NO, liberals push the Pro-Choice agenda, of which conservatives sit back and take full advantage of when they need.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,540,586 times
Quote:
Hah.

I'll give you a break when you start making sense. It is not all liberals who are pro choice (not pro abortion as you wish everyone would think of it) but some conservatives too. Dont tell me that all people who vote Republicans are 100 percent against abortion and are indeed, pro life. I dont think so.

Face it. Abortion will never go away and will always be legal. I can sit here debating with you for days and days but nothing will change. It will always be the womans choice (the way it should be).

Sure you may not think it is moral. But you must remember that not everybody agrees and follows your morals. It is your right to think that just like it is my right to think whatever I think.

As the follow quotes says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
And as it has been said, pro-abortion is a misnomer. Very few people are actually pro-abortion. Pro-abortion means that the person is for abortion in general.

Pro-choice, the correct term here, means that the person is for the choice, either way, of abortion or pregnancy.

I don't have an agenda outside of keeping the procedure safe for women, and keeping the choice available to them should the unfortunate situation arise.
The choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
NO, liberals push the Pro-Choice agenda, of which conservatives sit back and take full advantage of when they need.
Exactly. And you know it, AeroGuyDC.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I don't disagree with you. Believe it or not, the idea of choice is not so much of an issue for me as is the persistance of those that hide under the veil of "choice" as a means for absolving themselves of the personal responsibility and consequences that come from their actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.