Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,455,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Gladly?

Listen caveman, you have no evidence of when life begins.

Thankfully, we allow abortion in this country regardless of what people like you think.

You can sit here crying about fetuses you dont even know or will never know for your whole life. And guess what? NOTHING will change. So sorry. Sucks to be you. Go cry in the corner. Wah!!!!!

Womens rights come first and they always will. Thank GOD. It is a good thing that sexist people like you wont ever get their way. Until then, I support the WOMANS right.
If Roe v. Wade is overturned and it becomes a state issue again, we could very well get our way in at least 20 states or so and likely would in mine.

I don't consider myself a sexist - merely someone who is concerned with protecting those who do not have a voice. I want to balance the rights of mother and child using the two exceptions I mentioned earlier, but am unwilling to assume that the woman comes before the child automatically (OR that the child comes before the woman automatically).

Old 04-30-2009, 08:24 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
1. I'm more concerned with those who are killed here on our soil than non-Americans killed elsewhere.

2. Murderers need to be punished by an automatic sentence of life without parole...no chance of ever getting out.

3. I'm against the death penalty...so that goes along with me being against killing.

4. I'm against unnecessary wars...also goes along with me being against killing (I am/was against Iraq, but did support Afghanistan). Wars that are necessary to protect our country, our freedom, and our democracy must be fought.
This is exactly how many people feel about abortion rights. Abortion is necessary to protect the rights, health, well-being and lives of women.

In life there is "collateral damage". Sometimes life has to be taken in order to ensure the overall good. Your points above support that.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
This is exactly how many people feel about abortion rights. Abortion is necessary to protect the rights, health, well-being and lives of women.

In life there is "collateral damage". Sometimes life has to be taken in order to ensure the overall good. Your points above support that.
In the case of medical necessity and rape, I support the right to an abortion. That protects the rights, health, well-being, and lives of women at least to an extent, while protecting the fetus in most cases. By "medical necessity," I'm willing to include situations in which the mother is at risk of serious injury or illness, not only death.

The only case where I suggested we should ever take a life in order to ensure the overall good is in a necessary war....in all other situations, I'm opposed.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:27 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,531,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Gladly?

Listen caveman, you have no evidence of when life begins.

Thankfully, we allow abortion in this country regardless of what people like you think.

You can sit here crying about fetuses you dont even know or will never know for your whole life. And guess what? NOTHING will change. So sorry. Sucks to be you. Go cry in the corner. Wah!!!!!

Womens rights come first and they always will. Thank GOD. It is a good thing that sexist people like you wont ever get their way. Until then, I support the WOMANS right.
I proved life begins at conception in post #10. But let's accept your premise for a moment, that we don't know when life begins. That means by your own definition, you may well be killing a person in cold blood when you abort your fetus. How the hell could you live with yourself for doing that? What kind of savage are you?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I proved life begins at conception in post #10. But let's accept your premise for a moment, that we don't know when life begins. That means by your own definition, you may well be killing a person in cold blood when you abort your fetus. How the hell could you live with yourself for doing that? What kind of savage are you?
We do not know when life begins. It's not a fact...we all have our own opinions on it. That said, I'd prefer to err on the side of caution which is why I do see the fetus as a person and am thus against abortion. A woman's opinion alone on when life begins should not be the only criteria for determining whether that life (whether it is a life or not) has the right to continue.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:

America fights wars to protect its citizens from catastrophic attacks. That's why President Bush fought the war on terror. Terrorists killed 3000 and promised to kill hundreds of thousands. President Bush prevented that.

Now tell us how many American lives all those aborted fetuses would have snuffed out had they lived? None.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
We do not know when life begins. It's not a fact...we all have our own opinions on it. That said, I'd prefer to err on the side of caution which is why I'm against abortion. A woman's opinion on when life begins should not be the only criteria for determining whether that life (whether it is a life or not) has the right to continue.
Read my post #10. I provide unassailable logic that life begins at conception. But your other point is correct. Women who commit abortion by their own admission are playing Russian roulette with human lives, since they aren't sure when life begins. How could a woman live with herself for doing that?

Utterly shameful!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
America fights wars to protect its citizens from catastrophic attacks. That's why President Bush fought the war on terror. Terrorists killed 3000 and promised to kill hundreds of thousands. President Bush prevented that.

Now tell us how many American lives all those aborted fetuses would have snuffed out had they lived? None.
How do you know? Maybe one of those embryos aborted would have gone on to be the next Ted Bundy, or Scott Peterson, or Bernie Madoff, or any number of horrible people? Every single murderer, rapist, pedophile, and whatever other horrors of society are out there....ALL STARTED AS FETUSES!!!

Sure wish some of them had been aborted, don't you?

And boy are you living in a fantasyland if you think America fights wars to protect its citizens. America fights most of its wars (since 1980, anyway) to protect its interest in foreign oil. Many lives, both American and foreign, have been lost fighting over oil.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
And boy are you living in a fantasyland if you think American fights wars to protect its citizens. America fights most of its wars (since 1980, anyway) to protect its interest in foreign oil. Many lives, both American and foreign, have been lost fighting over oil.
Even though we disagree on the subject discussed on this thread, I just HAD to rep you for this. Couldn't agree more...which is why I'm disgusted with these wars just as much as with abortion.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
How do you know? Maybe one of those embryos aborted would have gone on to be the next Ted Bundy, or Scott Peterson, or Bernie Madoff, or any number of horrible people? Every single murderer, rapist, pedophile, and whatever other horrors of society are out there....ALL STARTED AS FETUSES!!!

Sure wish some of them had been aborted, don't you?

And boy are you living in a fantasyland if you think American fights wars to protect its citizens. America fights most of its wars (since 1980, anyway) to protect its interest in foreign oil. Many lives, both American and foreign, have been lost fighting over oil.
Number of American lives pledged to be taken by Bin Laden after 9-11: 2 million

Number of American lives taken by Bin Laden to date after 9-11: ZERO.

We owe president Bush a great debt of gratitude for all the lives he saved.

Interesting you assume only the worst of people. Odds are those millions of aborted kids would have grown up to make positive contributions to society. Abortionists have effectively wiped out a country of 40 million since 1973. Think of all the greatness that has been wasted because of women's selfishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies