Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:36 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Lol.
Do civilized people use ALL CAPS??!!

I consider anti choice the right term. Those who are against a woman's right to choose an abortion or have control over her reproductive system.
You calling me pro abortion wouldn't bother me because I know where I stand on the issues. I would think a civilized person wouldn't threaten another person with names but...I guess that's me. .
No...all I care about is arguing for one who CANNOT speak...the CHILD. I have no desire to control a woman's reproductive system - merely a desire to protect a human life.

The correct term for you is "pro-women being able to choose to murder their children."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No...all I care about is arguing for one who CANNOT speak...the CHILD. I have no desire to control a woman's reproductive system - merely a desire to protect a human life.

The correct term for you is "pro-women being able to choose to murder their children."
We'll just agree to disagree.
I'm more of the type that would rather see more people try to prevent unwanted pregnancies than harp about abortion.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Even further, how do people support ones right to choose to have an abortion, pretty much killing someone else, but they do not support ones right to choose to end their lives once they leave the womb, i.e. when they get old and want to end their own lives due to illness.

Well, nice try but abortion is hardly "killing someone else"

And what evidence do you have that pro-choice people do not support the choice to end one's own life? Dr Kevorkian deserved an award, not a sentence IMO.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, nice try but abortion is hardly "killing someone else"

And what evidence do you have that pro-choice people do not support the choice to end one's own life? Dr Kevorkian deserved an award, not a sentence IMO.
I agree, I completely support someone's choice to end their own life when they're terminally ill. It is their body after all, I may not want to see it happen but if that's their choice to die humanely rather than to die suffering, than that IS their own choice, not anybody else's.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 PM

71 posts, read 184,568 times
Wow. I don't know what to say. Now a days it seems as if people have been so indoctrinated by their party lines propaganda, they can't even think clearly.

First, men do not become pregnant.

Pregnancy is a medical condition.

Pregnancy always causes health complications.

Women are weaker when they are pregnant.

In some cases pregnancy can be dangerous.

If the pregnancy is not ended, it results in childbirth which will rip and tear a woman's body apart, so that a baby can come out.

Women and men do not become equals in the arrangement until their is a baby that BOTH of them have to support financially.

Abortion is not about whether or not a woman wants to become a parent. It is about whether or not a woman wants to be pregnant and give birth.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

And what is the correct term for someone who equates a fertilized egg with a child which it most certainly is not and labels a legal medical procedure murder which it is not?

Confused?
Unable to face reality?
Distorter of facts?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:10 PM

654 posts, read 466,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
How is that fair?
If he doesn't want the child, he shouldn't have to pay for it.
I see you point, that the man should not have to share pregnancy and labor cost for an unwanted child. If the woman decides to have the child and the man does not want it, then she should bear the full cost. If the woman decides to bear the child, but doesn't want it while the man does, then he should be the full cost of pregnancy, labor, and any other compensation that they agreed to.

Sharing labor costs wasn't my main point, which was that the man should have a say.

Quote:
I think if the woman wants to continue the pregnancy despite not wanting the thing once it's grown into a viable human being...she can relinquish her rights and give the child to the father.
Either that or the child goes to the state. In general, people should think carefully about having a child and stick to their decision.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:19 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And what is the correct term for someone who equates a fertilized egg with a child which it most certainly is not and labels a legal medical procedure murder which it is not?

Confused?
Unable to face reality?
Distorter of facts?
The fact is that a fetus is an unborn human as far as I'm concerned. When life begins and when a fetus becomes human are opinions, not "reality" or "fact" actually.

A fertilized egg IS a child in my opinion. It may not be in your opinion and you have the right to feel that way, but don't suggest I should not have the right to fight for what I believe in.

I'm not confused or unable to face "reality."

Old 04-30-2009, 08:20 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Because it's not PC to stick up for men's rights.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
The right for a woman to have an abortion makes no sense.
Can you kill your husband without being arrested? No.
Can you kill your child in the first grade without going to jail? No.
If someone sees you, can you kill your dog without going to jail? Probably not.
There is enough birth control to probably prevent every pregnancy that happens, so should anyone have a need to abort their baby? No.
So if you cannot legally kill your husband, child, dog, rats in California, why on earth does this country allow the murder of the most innocent? If you don't want a child, use birth control!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies