Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your view of Perez Hilton?
Favorable 4 6.35%
Unfavorable 55 87.30%
No Opinion 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:40 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Typical liberal radical gay activist.
I don't think Perez Hilton is typical of anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 01:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Perez Hilton has to be one of the most VULGAR, VILE and DISGUSTING bloggers out there.

For this creature to try to pass himself off as anything other than the muckracker that he actually happens to be, is a joke.

He prides himself on "outting" celebrities regardless of whether or not they are gay. He encompasses EVERY negative stereotype that exists about gays.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
He prides himself on "outting" celebrities regardless of whether or not they are gay. He encompasses EVERY negative stereotype that exists about gays.
And stereotypes are things that you choose to believe, regardless of whether they're based on reality or not.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
It is just ridiculous that he would ask a question and then when the woman answers it truthfully he would totally harass her and treat her like s***. If he did not want to hear any answer but his OWN opinion, then he shouldn't have ever asked the question, PERIOD. He is a total moron.

I just think it is sad that the pageant people are joining the Perez bandwagon and contemplating taking her crown simply because of a political view. What ever happened to freedom of speech and opinion? I guess that freedom of opinion (or at least expressing your opinion) only applies if you have "the right view."

Old 05-02-2009, 12:45 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
It is just ridiculous that he would ask a question and then when the woman answers it truthfully he would totally harass her and treat her like s***. If he did not want to hear any answer but his OWN opinion, then he shouldn't have ever asked the question, PERIOD. He is a total moron.

I just think it is sad that the pageant people are joining the Perez bandwagon and contemplating taking her crown simply because of a political view. What ever happened to freedom of speech and opinion? I guess that freedom of opinion (or at least expressing your opinion) only applies if you have "the right view."
well the right view under the rule of law.. and what you interpret as the law of a higher power are two different things..
Technically under californian law.. gay marriage should be legal.. which is why the court determined it to be.. and why the prop 8 vote will be overturned
Unlike most other states California includes sexuality in it's discrimination clause.. So technically.. if you want to discuss what is opinion and what is fact... it's subjective depending on what you're addressing..
which is why people have a right to disagree with gay marriage, but they don't have a right to keep gays from marrying under the law...in california atleast...
its kind of like how you can disagree with your daughter getting knocked up and shacking up with her defacto boyfriend and not getting married... but you can't influence laws to force everyone that's having sex into marriage with that person... it's kind of a double edged sword
where does your fist end and other people's noses begin?

Old 05-02-2009, 06:15 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
He's a bullying prick. The bigger question is why he's judging a female beauty pageant in the first place.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
He's a bullying prick. The bigger question is why he's judging a female beauty pageant in the first place.
Do you believe that gay men are unable to appreciate female beauty? If so, why?

You sound like a bit of a bully yourself. I hope that's not the case.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:32 PM

399 posts, read 554,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
he's a twit.... and that's coming from a gay person...
but that does not mean the gay equality cause is absurd just because he is...

As a gay man. I agree.

He is a gossip blogger, and he is funny. Read his site. Even the conservative people

But the way he percieves himself sometimes. Just makes him look very bad.

But you conservatives here. I agree with you. He is moronic, and he is only making it seem that THAT is what the homesexual community represents. Real Sad.

But he speaks his opinion. This is what america is.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Do you believe that gay men are unable to appreciate female beauty? If so, why?
Because I have zero desire to judge a Mr. Universe contest. I'd rather leave that to people who specialize in males, i.e. women or gay men.

Same applies in reverse. I'm about the most pro-gay person I know, but I'm not so steeped in political correctness that I can't see that.

And yeah, Perez Hilton is a really scuzzy piece of ****. I never heard of him before this whole flap, and I hope I can soon go back to never hearing about him again.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
But you conservatives here. I agree with you. He is moronic, and he is only making it seem that THAT is what the homesexual community represents. Real Sad.
That's exactly why every successful movement has to distance itself from the extremists, the snarling haters and wannabe fascists within its own ranks. This character certainly qualifies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies