Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:43 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times

Advertisements

Actually thats not a democrat, and he is certainly no champion of teleprompters like Barry Soetoro is. Barry is so tech savvy he uses a teleprompter to talk to his wife and children... uses them to talk to a small groups of factory workers... even likes them so much he is willing to read the dialogue of other people so they can just sit back and relax, what a guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:25 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
This is how the right always tries to win. Take a thread about a Republican BRAGGING about violating the law, and turn it into a "Obama/teleprompter" rant.

Stay focused folks, this is the guy many of you want to be governor of CO. Party of "law and order" my a**.

golfgod

Old 05-01-2009, 10:49 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
This is how the right always tries to win. Take a thread about a Republican BRAGGING about violating the law, and turn it into a "Obama/teleprompter" rant.

Stay focused folks, this is the guy many of you want to be governor of CO. Party of "law and order" my a**.

golfgod

I want to see the teleprompter's birth certificate. I say it doesn't exist. I challenge the Right to prove me wrong by showing it to me. Otherwise, the teleprompter doesn't belong in the White House!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Actually thats not a democrat,
Exactly!

Quote:
and he is certainly no champion of teleprompters like Barry Soetoro is. Barry is so tech savvy he uses a teleprompter to talk to his wife and children... uses them to talk to a small groups of factory workers... even likes them so much he is willing to read the dialogue of other people so they can just sit back and relax, what a guy!
And you know this HOW? Are you using technology to spy on the President of the United States? If so, I'm afraid we're going to have to turn you in.

If it's your unproven psychic ability, well, sorry. That ain't gonna cut it.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
You know that is not what Biden was talking about. This is rediculous to claim Republicans are the only ones who are not tech savy. Yes I am sure Robert Byrd is an internet expert.. and didn't Al gore invent the internet?
Of course they aren't the only ones - they just generally demonstrate it more publicly.

I'm just pointing out to you that Biden was not technically (or technologically) incorrect. Yeah, he mis-spoke, but that's what Biden does.

No, for the umpteenth time, Al Gore did not invent or claim to invent the internet. That's simply a right-wing talking point that has been debunked time and time and time and time .... never mind. You keep your golden calf.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:49 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Of course they aren't the only ones - they just generally demonstrate it more publicly.

I'm just pointing out to you that Biden was not technically (or technologically) incorrect. Yeah, he mis-spoke, but that's what Biden does.

No, for the umpteenth time, Al Gore did not invent or claim to invent the internet. That's simply a right-wing talking point that has been debunked time and time and time and time .... never mind. You keep your golden calf.
No. Al actually said it. Oh then maybe he "mis-spoke" as you like to call it. When a dem mis-speaks then that is "just what they do." LOL

Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post

"Of course they aren't the only ones - they just generally demonstrate it more publicly"- you have no evidence for that comment except the data in your dellusional mind.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,962 times
Motley Crew wrote;
Quote:
No. Al actually said it.
To quote many of the righty posters on here-LINK, please.

Al did say that he did help promote its development via tax incentives etc, which was what he should have been doing as (IIRC) Chairman (possibly just ranking member) of the Senate Technology Committee.

Of course then Drudge/Rush and the rest of the SCLM picked it up, beat it into the ground, flogged it on the nightly netword news during the 2000 election cycle and what was the result? We invaded Iraq because an idiot and a criminal decided that "Peace and Democracy" were like crabgrass, Kudzu, and that wherever they were planted they would take over.

Of course there are untold numbers of idiots out there who have heard it so many times on Rush that they actually believe it. There's a word for those idiots, idiots.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies