Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
This homosexual "movement" is getting annyoing, and the way homosexuals, flaunt their homosexuality in public annoys me even more.
Too bad. Better crawl under a rock because the "movement" isn't going away.

As for "flaunting it", I live in one of the gayest cities in the U.S., and I see a lot more displays of heterosexual affection on the street than homosexual affection. In fact, it's rare to see two men or women even holding hands, but every day, I see opposite-sex couples kissing, embracing, and groping each other.

Learn to live and let live, and you'll be a happier person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 08:23 PM

604 posts, read 748,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

As for "flaunting it", I live in one of the gayest cities in the U.S., and I see a lot more displays of heterosexual affection on the street than homosexual affection. In fact, it's rare to see two men or women even holding hands, but every day, I see opposite-sex couples kissing, embracing, and groping each other.

I might get a lot of flak for saying this, but is it possibly because its normal?

I know "whats the definition of normal"

But no body is USED to seeing homosexuals...

Gayest cities? please define gay, because I'm pretty sure, in an intellectual conversation I use gay as homosexual...

And I'm saying the "movement" is the skyrocketing gay population...
a way of integrating them into society is TV which is doing a nice job, but heterosexuals have been holding hands, kissing, embracing, and groping on TV longer than hetero's... and we understand it, because its part of us...

Old 04-19-2010, 08:32 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,577 times
Quote:

half the movement is the fight for equal rights, the other half is the self expression that homosexuals feel that has been held back. Just like african americans finding their pride, homosexuals are finding their pride after being held down.

by no means do i want to quiet the expression, just as we wouldn't want to quiet the expression of black pride, or rock'n'roll.

but the heterosexual majority should be more accepting of the expressions and there will be less of an impact. now, don't accept the disgusting or sexual expressions which are inappropriate, but accept the expressions of pride.

please become accustomed to gay couples as you have interracial couples together and black people being free.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,875,707 times
Oh stop your whining. And put on a pink thong. Listen to some Boy George for once.

Quote:
Anyone know why people want to get rich? They're greedy, yes, but they want MORE than the average Joe. As humans, we all want more power than someone else, and if everyone had the same amount of things as the guy next to them, they'd WANT MORE.

Some rights might never be granted to homosexuals, and I'm personally sick and tired of them marrying at all, because I've seen posts where husbands divorce wives..

This homosexual "movement" is getting annyoing, and the way homosexuals, flaunt their homosexuality in public annoys me even more.

I am friends with homosexuals, and they understand the position I take on homosexuality.

So hate the sin, not the sinner, and everyone realize life isn't fair.
The United States is slowly fading in glory, and we're fighting over useless crap like marriage rights?

We're at war, economic collapse is at our doorsteps, 47% of Americans dont pay taxes, unemployment is rising swiftly, drugs are flooding into the US faster than illegal immigrants, and you citizens want this?

If the United States of America was prospering and still on top, in a Golden Age, spending like we were a few years ago, when gas prices weren't bad, we knew we were safe at home, the cops had things under control, and our Senate wasn't as corrupt, you think it'd be easier to pass a bill when everyones content with what they've got?

You know how far we've fallen? How much we've lost since 2001?

And you're arguing over marriage rights....

Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Oh stop your whining. And put on a pink thong. Listen to some Boy George for once.

Bleh, thats was so gay I almost threw up...

Wait..... wasn't boy george the idiot who got high and called the cops on himself?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,875,707 times
Something tells me you want to slip on a pink thong and a tank top. And attend a gay pride parade?

YouTube - los angeles gay pride 08 parade west hollywood

Quote:
Bleh, thats was so gay I almost threw up...

Wait..... wasn't boy george the idiot who got high and called the cops on himself?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I might get a lot of flak for saying this, but is it possibly because its normal?

I know "whats the definition of normal"

But no body is USED to seeing homosexuals...

Gayest cities? please define gay, because I'm pretty sure, in an intellectual conversation I use gay as homosexual...

And I'm saying the "movement" is the skyrocketing gay population...
a way of integrating them into society is TV which is doing a nice job, but heterosexuals have been holding hands, kissing, embracing, and groping on TV longer than hetero's... and we understand it, because its part of us...
The bottom line is: Homosexuals exist and they're not going back in the closet. You will see them occasionally, and you will hear about them in the news. You said you're annoyed by it all, but I don't know what to tell you. This is the world we live in. It's a free society, and you can't control everyone.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
The bottom line is: Homosexuals exist and they're not going back in the closet. You will see them occasionally, and you will hear about them in the news. You said you're annoyed by it all, but I don't know what to tell you. This is the world we live in. It's a free society, and you can't control everyone.

I'm not saying they should, I'm just saying I'm sick and tired of everyone fighting over it.

It's not going to start a 2nd (jesus I almost said 3rd??) civil war in the US, and at least the media has died down, but

But it seems like we could calm down about it all

I'm done posting, think what you want to, I'll do what I want,

END

Last edited by Kings Ranger; 04-19-2010 at 09:34 PM..

Old 04-19-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
a church my friend goes to was interupted when a group of armed homosexuals walked in and raped a kid/teen (I think he was younger than 20's)
What?!

Please elaborate.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
What?!

Please elaborate.

I think I got somethings mixed together here...

At one place there was homosexuals raping someone, and at the church was a shooting...

Man did I screw that up...

Gunman killed after opening fire at church - CNN.com

Details of student's death emerge (Matthew Shepard in reverse)

My apologies, will direct mail you with the others...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies