Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:36 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,898,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhead38 View Post
That's all well & good but how many instances have you heard of a gay man beating up a straight man? I don't think I've ever heard of one, yet how many instances have you heard of a straight man beating up a gay man?
Anyone who's Gay will tell you .. There are plenty of tough guys out there that can whoop-ass and be Gay all at the same time.

Straight guys will most often never admit to getting their butt kicked by someone who is Gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,644,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
I'm not saying they should, I'm just saying I'm sick and tired of everyone fighting over it.
If you are sick and tired of it, join the fight and be one of the many who supports gay rights and convert all the haters.

Nothing shuts down "gay agenda" faster than giving them what they are entitled to.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 PM

604 posts, read 748,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
If you are sick and tired of it, join the fight and be one of the many who supports gay rights and convert all the haters.

Nothing shuts down "gay agenda" faster than giving them what they are entitled to.
I'm still in High School, and from what I see, I don't think many would vote FOR gay rights...

Being called "gay", "***" as a name, like dork, and idiot, its too loosely used, there's no respect for homosexuals,

I honestly don't see my generation doing squat...

Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,681,234 times
Interesting thread. Homosexuals actually fit all the criteria of second class citizens based on the opportunities and rights denied them, including military service, marriage, tax benefits, etc...

I'm surprised anyone could even consider them on equal footing from a legal perspective.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Quote:
I'm still in High School, and from what I see, I don't think many would vote FOR gay rights...

Being called "gay", "***" as a name, like dork, and idiot, its too loosely used, there's no respect for homosexuals,

All of the polls show that younger people are more accepting of gays and gay marriage than older people. The exit polls in 2008 showed that the majority of people under 30 rejected Prop. 8.

Quote:
registered voters younger than 30 support same-sex marriage by about a 3-to-1 margin and most of those 64 and older oppose it.
Poll: Majority OK with same-sex marriage - UPI.com

Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Well, it depends on your high school.

But as a general whole, the younger generation tend to be more accepting of gays than the older generations.

Like you stated in the bold, gays get no respect. Do you think they should or continue be treated like trash? You probably seen it in your school already. Are you fine with it? Are you okay knowing that some gay hanged him/herself because some dumb person picked on them due to their sexuality?

When people think of "gay rights", it always revolve the issue of gay marriage, but they never realize that gay rights also involve the right to live without getting killed for something uncontrollable, the right to work without getting chastised, the right to walk out the door feeling comfortable with oneself, and so on.

That is the real gay "agenda"

Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
All of the polls show that younger people are more accepting of gays and gay marriage than older people. The exit polls in 2008 showed that the majority of people under 30 rejected Prop. 8.

Poll: Majority OK with same-sex marriage - UPI.com

Uh... "52% for and 40% against...?

Also, Southern California... isn't California home to the gay pride marchs? somewhat biased, considering I'm in Missouri...

Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:

Also, Southern California... isn't California home to the gay pride marchs? somewhat biased, considering I'm in Missouri...
That's overall, which includes all ages.

A sentence after that shows that younger people are 3:1 for gay marriage.

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Quote:
Yes, those numbers are for the California population at large, not just people under 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Well, it depends on your high school.

But as a general whole, the younger generation tend to be more accepting of gays than the older generations.

Like you stated in the bold, gays get no respect. Do you think they should or continue be treated like trash? You probably seen it in your school already. Are you fine with it? Are you okay knowing that some gay hanged him/herself because some dumb person picked on them due to their sexuality?

When people think of "gay rights", it always revolve the issue of gay marriage, but they never realize that gay rights also involve the right to live without getting killed for something uncontrollable, the right to work without getting chastised, the right to walk out the door feeling comfortable with oneself, and so on.

That is the real gay "agenda"
No, they shouldn't be treated like trash. We honestly don't treat gays bad in our school, don't single them out or nothing like that, but others, that aren't in our class...

Also, an honest question, not proving a point or anything, but what freedom would sexuality go under?

The United States is a place of equal opprotunity, NOT equal outcome~ anon (I don't know, but he;s out there)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies