Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:50 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,695,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I'm sure you got Chrysler quaking in their boots...
They should be, there are a lot of Sanrenes out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,543,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They should be, there are a lot of Sanrenes out there.
Great. A lot of people filled with no logic or reasoning.

A lot of people who live in a fantasy world. Just great!

Anyways, yes. We need to keep our American companies. And for all the people out there who are proudly saying you are buying foreign cars, go back to the country where the company is located.

Get lost.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:12 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,596,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Anyways, yes. We need to keep our American companies. And for all the people out there who are proudly saying you are buying foreign cars, go back to the country where the company is located.
Me and my wife bought 2 brand new Hyundai's this year. Should we go to Montgomery?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,223,613 times
Please do erase them.

One of our vehicles is a '99 Toyota 4-Runner that has 290,000 miles & it still runs well. Any domestic car I've ever owned was ready for the scrap heap at 150,000 miles or before, especially any GM I've owned. Ford is the best built domestic in my opinion.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:13 AM

20,251 posts, read 36,945,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As long as the obama government have their fingers in private enterprise as well as the unions getting sweetheart deals out of this - I won't be buying any vehicles from either company.
I believe that the unions got approximately 35%, and the Federal Government the rest.

I wonder how the unions can stage future strikes on the unions?

Old 05-02-2009, 08:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,813,831 times
If the Chrysler government takeover happens, the union would get a 55% stake.

The proportional allotment between the senior investor, junior investors and the government did not jive with the amount of investment/risk the players originally had - the senior investors were getting the really short end of the stick.

Quote:
Those foreign companies have invested their manufacturing in the US - they are just as much "made in the USA" as GM, Chrylser or Ford.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:32 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,045,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As long as the obama government have their fingers in private enterprise as well as the unions getting sweetheart deals out of this - I won't be buying any vehicles from either company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I'm sure you got Chrysler quaking in their boots...
Actually, yes, U.S. automakers ARE quaking in their boots. Did you conveniently forget the CEO of GM publicly stating that he was worried that bankruptcy would make consumers not buy new cars because of a perceived lack of support for maintenance and warranties? Obama is going to cover your muffler. That's pretty reassuring, eh? Sanrene is exactly the consumer that automakers are worried about. His concerns of bankruptcy/government/union intervention are warranted, and i'm sure he's not the only person thinking the same thing. Automakers are shatting themselves right now.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:33 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,502,556 times
i will buy an american car when i get my money's worth. i currently have no plans of buying an american car.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:38 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,813,831 times
I have a Ford minivan - it is a good vehicle. My last two cars have been Fords. They seem to be doing just fine - let the others fail - propping them up will not solve their problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies