Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Why were you CONservatives giving Bush a free pass?

I can only imagine what would have happened if it had been Al Gore doing all this with Iraq.

So Fox never ever criticized Bush ever!

Oh and Gore would have imploded the earth before Iraq ever became a issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Obama's had some growing pains, but I'm quite satisfied with the job he is doing overall. I'm not sure why you think anyone is giving him a free pass. He's simply doing the job we hired him to do, and doing it pretty well overall.

He's rebranded the U.S. for a new century, done what government can to minimize the impacts of collapsing markets and help them turn the corner to recovery (which they seem to be doing), spearheaded the emerging green economy, reinstated the role of science as separate from ideology, been strong but global in his foreign policy...

I could go on, but you get the point. I'm glad I voted for him. He's a moderate who is doing better than I thought he would. Time will tell if he can do all this and pay down the deficit, as he has promised. We shall see.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:59 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
let me esplain you, many of us feel betrayed by the GOP.
the hard right we so looked up to told us not to worry "they" were taking care of us.
they did not.
we are angry.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 PM

749 posts, read 946,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Obama's had some growing pains, but I'm quite satisfied with the job he is doing overall. I'm not sure why you think anyone is giving him a free pass. He's simply doing the job we hired him to do, and doing it pretty well overall.

He's rebranded the U.S. for a new century,(by apologizing every time he sees a foreign leader) done what government can to minimize the impacts of collapsing markets (the worst spending bill in US history) and help them turn the corner to recovery (which they seem to be doing), spearheaded the emerging green economy,(nothing done here so far) reinstated the role of science as separate from ideology, been strong (weakest president ever, bowed to Saudi King, his King) but global in his foreign policy...

I could go on, but you get the point. I'm glad I voted for him. He's a moderate who is doing better than I thought he would. Time will tell if he can do all this and pay down the deficit, as he has promised. We shall see.

Another mindless post

Old 05-05-2009, 12:20 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,246,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
After all this man has done to the US..why do you still defend him? Is it partisanship? I really want to know. Bush would sneeze and you would demand he gets impaeched..he wears a blue tie and you were ready to string him up as a war criminal. Why not hold Obama to the same standard?
Can you be specific on what liberals are giving him a free pass on?

Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
After all this man has done to the US..why do you still defend him? Is it partisanship? I really want to know. Bush would sneeze and you would demand he gets impaeched..he wears a blue tie and you were ready to string him up as a war criminal. Why not hold Obama to the same standard?
It was in the Omnibus bill, he is paying their mortgages.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 PM

Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Can you be specific on what liberals are giving him a free pass on?

Everything! He can do no wrong to liberals.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Another mindless post
Thank you for your eloquent and reasoned rebuttal. My post was actually quite mindful of our current reality. Perhaps if you post a picture of Jesus with Obama's face overlaid it would solidify your point beyond any shadow of a doubt for those of us who are highly educated and well versed in critical and analytical thinking.

Just because someone supports Obama does not make them mindless.

Let that one sink in for a moment. Take your time. Some of us analyze the global situation and come to a reasoned conclusion that he is addressing the situation well.

Clearly, based on your little red scrawl, nothing Obama could do would satisfy you. You are a staunch conservative, probably of the Limbaugh ilk. You disagree with him philosophically, misinterpret the courage it takes to acknowledge our nation's mistakes as "apologizing", misunderstand the need to utilize the only entity (federal government) that can continue spending in a collapsed economy to shore up state governments, corporations begging for help, and employees from losing their jobs or their unemployment benefits, and seem okay with President Bush kissing and holding hands with the Saudi King while find it necessary to harp on Obama for honoring a local custom.

Based on your last line, "his king", I can only surmise that you also hold religious / racial bigotry if you seek to make that completely warrentless connection.

Best to you in your upcoming intellectual pursuits. I look forward to hearing more.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You sound loony with statements like that.
You sound uninformed with statements like that...
Totally true statement...
Only in the mind of a Democrat is the world better off now with King Obama.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies