Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 06:43 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times

Advertisements

Keep It green ,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 11:36 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I'm a harm reductionist. I agree that we could save money by not jailing people for possession and use of marijuana.We are creating a criminal nation, a the prison system has become a multimillion dollar industry. Alternately, we could tax marijuana.
Marijuana has proven to have medical uses. It is useful for cancer patients in relieving pain and anxiety and the nausea experienced from chemo. also in glaucoma patients.
All substances that can be abused WILL BE - by people with a genetic or psychological predisposition for that sort of thing.
But Prohibition was not exactly a "smashing success", now was it?
I have a very dear friend right now who is dying of cancer and I wish that anything could be available and legal to help her from experiencing discomfort, so this subject is one I have thought about a lot lately.
So from me the answer is yes.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,089 times
Lightbulb Bipolar disorder/medical marijuana

I am 41yr. old mother of 3 with Fibromyalgia Syndrome & Bipolar Disorder and As a Bipolar sufferer..I would prefer to smoke a joint than take any of the psychotic anti depressent medications that not only blew me up like a whale but the side effects still affect me today.....and I've been on alot of different meds...but now with cannabis I dont suffer none of those side effects and my "highs & Lows" are more controlled, Panic attacks have lessen considerably....fms pain and arthritis is controlled alsotherapy sessions have been positive...and of course we cant forget our individual positive belief systems that help...for me ...I believe in christianity......As soon as they make it legal in pennsylvania, I hope they look into using it for mental health patients like myself....although everybodies physical make up is different...I believe at least 7 out 10 patients would benefit...

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

Old 08-06-2009, 11:58 AM

It should be your choice. If this works for you there should be no problem. There IS a problem in our country with puritanical feelings when it comes to ANY mind altering or pain reducing analgesic medication. The other problem is the tight fisted control of the pharmaceutical industry over any medication that can not been patented i.e. where there is no money to be made.
THAT is the bottom line.
I have fibromyalgia as well so I can sympathies with your plight.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaOOmps View Post
I am 41yr. old mother of 3 with Fibromyalgia Syndrome & Bipolar Disorder and As a Bipolar sufferer..I would prefer to smoke a joint than take any of the psychotic anti depressent medications that not only blew me up like a whale but the side effects still affect me today.....and I've been on alot of different meds...but now with cannabis I dont suffer none of those side effects and my "highs & Lows" are more controlled, Panic attacks have lessen considerably....fms pain and arthritis is controlled alsotherapy sessions have been positive...and of course we cant forget our individual positive belief systems that help...for me ...I believe in christianity......As soon as they make it legal in pennsylvania, I hope they look into using it for mental health patients like myself....although everybodies physical make up is different...I believe at least 7 out 10 patients would benefit...

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It should be your choice. If this works for you there should be no problem. There IS a problem in our country with puritanical feelings when it comes to ANY mind altering or pain reducing analgesic medication. The other problem is the tight fisted control of the pharmaceutical industry over any medication that can not been patented i.e. where there is no money to be made.
THAT is the bottom line.
I have fibromyalgia as well so I can sympathies with your plight.
I have fibromyalgia also and I dont feel any better when I smoke a joint. Sometimes I actually feel worse. I dont think it really helps anything but nausea and of course its can be fun, lol.....

Old 08-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Like fun is bad? Everyone feels differently. For some it could help. Who is really to say but the individual patient. The question is really why are we as a nation so phobic about this particular herb?
With out a doubt the pharmaceutical industry plays a HUGE role in this paranoia.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:14 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
If you don't like my fire, then don't come around, cos I'm gonnna burn one down.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
I'm in favor of complete legalization of Marijuana, so medical use would be covered in that.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:12 PM

7 posts, read 9,632 times
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
Roxxy38 ok first of all i think they should legalize it because it does help alot of people and it doesnt do anything to your brain there is no proof from anywhere that pot does anything harmful to the human body..second people are naturally stupid pot didnt do anything to make it any worse and personally it doesnt do anything to make me dumber or slow down my reaction time most of the time it increases it..and anyone who is fat is fat for a reason either because they are to lazy to take care of themselfs properly or have medical issues that make them fat yes sometimes it does give you the munchies but most people can control that they dont always need to eat when they get high people eat because they want to not because the pot makes them..and just because you smoke pot doesnt mean you have to go start shooting dope because you smoked some bud it is not a gateway drug if you dont want it to be people only do other drugs out of peer pressure or because they just want to not because pot made them want a newer better high it doesnt make you do anything you can still function as a normal person high on pot your not a total f--king idiot..LEGALIZE IT ALREADY HELP THE SICK AND HELP THE ECONOMY WE NEED IT!

Last edited by foxxbbe22; 08-19-2009 at 10:20 PM..

Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM

7 posts, read 9,632 times
to much of our money is spent putting potheads in jail and letting far worse people roam the streets the government needs to take a step back and listen to our voices instead of just listening to people who have no idea wtf they are talking about they need average people like us to come in and tell them whats up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies