Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 04:31 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Did I say it's OK?

You're reading way too much into this. All I said was that it's acceptable to use a phrase like "Christian crazies" on this forum, but that a similar comment about any other background would be met with at least a warning here if not more.

That was not a vote of support for intolerance of any kind.
no hun, I'm not reading too much into it.. I'm asking you a question..
DO YOU BELIEVE IT IS OK TO HIDE BEHIND CHRISTIANITY IN PROMOTING INTOLERANCE??
it's a simple question... and if you don't.. WOULD YOU CONSIDER PEOPLE THAT DO TO BE A BIT CRAZY IN ATTEMPTING TO JUSTIFY IT??

????????????????
answer the questions
yes, yes, no, no, yes no, no, yes??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I was just pointing out that the phrase "christian crazies" isn't exactly a reason to panic, in my opinion.
So if someone here called you a "perverted f _ _", and I won't use the word, because I DON'T use the word ever, you wouldn't have a problem with that? Come on, you and I both know you would be very pissed off about it, and I would be too. If I saw it first I would report it before you did. And I've said some things here that I shouldn't have in response to people, but I try to be careful not to single out any group of people and concentrate on the individual.

We don't have to agree with each other about anything, but I wouldn't sit here and look the other way when someone used a slur against you. If it's wrong, it's always wrong.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times
who is promoting intolerance? the girl with an opinion that isn't yours? hmmmmm. so if a person doesn't think exactly like you, they are intolerant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
it's a simple question... and if you don't.. WOULD YOU CONSIDER PEOPLE THAT DO TO BE A BIT CRAZY IN ATTEMPTING TO JUSTIFY IT??

????????????????
answer the questions

Old 05-05-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
By the way, he's not my "buddy". He's just another gay guy here. Sometimes I agree with him; sometimes I don't. Gay people don't all know each other and we definitely don't all agree with each other.
I understand that. It wasn't a reference to you being gay. It was a reference to both of you replying to me in the same thread at the same time. You know what? If it came off any other way, I'm sorry. Seriously.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:

????????????????
answer the questions
Didn't I already say that it's not OK?
But that doesn't mean I have to agree with you that it's crazy.
There used to be a time when simply telling you that I agree that it's not OK was enough.

Not anymore.

And that's not liberalism.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
who is promoting intolerance? the girl with an opinion that isn't yours? hmmmmm. so if a person doesn't think exactly like you, they are intolerant?
no they're intolerant if they believe their opinion is justification for influencing the law to hinder me from my rights.. that's intolerant..that's where their fist ends and my nose begins

Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Didn't I already say that it's not OK?
But that doesn't mean I have to agree with you that it's crazy.
There used to be a time when simply telling you that I agree that it's not OK was enough.

Not anymore.

And that's not liberalism.
no you didn't tell me you didn't agree.. you said "what makes you think I agree?"
so.. if you don't agree... why do you not agree?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times
there is no right to marry. marriage is a false manmade institution.

Quote:
no they're intolerant if they believe their opinion is justification for influencing the law to hinder me from my rights.. that's intolerant..that's where their fist ends and my nose begins

Old 05-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Maybe a little perspective is in order at this point.

Ms. California and her kind-of-but-not-really bare boobies is not what's keeping you from getting married, if in fact you actually want to get married.

I brought this up in another thread but I'll do it again here anyway.

Are you aware that President Obama has stated on the record that he believes marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

Is he crazy?

Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
President Obama has stated on the record that he believes marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

Is he crazy?
This is open to anyone who wants to take a stab at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies