Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:27 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times

Advertisements

Look its a gay bear

gaying it up with all of his gays in gayitopia trying to push his gayness on little children so they will become lost in a world of gaydom

this thread is super gay btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 04:54 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Anyway, I only got 1/2 way down, and I got tired of reporting all of the worthless name calling posts. I reported almost all of you.
Just what America needs - more censorship and nannying.

Quote:
For instance UnidentifiedMale - You do fine with your posts as long as you stick with your arguments/points - But, then you fall into name calling.
I think you're taking it all too seriously. This is a very old thread, and we were all on a roll that day. LuckyGem knows me well enough - she can handle the comments that she gets from me.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:17 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbybubbly View Post
I surely don't know the answer to your question, but I do understand what you have said. I have a 2 yr old son who face lights up when he see's a rainbow, but I think it's all in how you raise your kids, and what you teach them. Please know my son will know what the gay rainbow symbolizes as well as the regular 5 color rainbow is as well. People should know or atleast think about the effects their actions have on others. Everything has a cause and effect.
Just in case no one recognizes this it's what's called a thoughtful non partisan response. A very rare bird.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:31 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I am saying that when children are exposed to symbols which they associate with positive and benign things "rainbows", they associate the same values with the group which uses the symbol.
Perhaps the kids will solve this one for us. They are well on their way in the battle to 'steal back' GAY. Where ever you find teenagers today you'll find accusations of 'that's gay'. Seldom is it used to describe m/m styles or activities. When used as such it's doubled up in order to separate it from the chosen meaning of todays teen. As in 'that shirt is gay gay'. Meaning flamboyant homosexual. For a common socially unacceptable occurrence only one gay is used. In other words this new generation is rejecting something the previous generation tried to 'shove down their collective throats' and held oh so dear. Sound familiar?

Old 10-04-2009, 06:51 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Perhaps the kids will solve this one for us. They are well on their way in the battle to 'steal back' GAY. Where ever you find teenagers today you'll find accusations of 'that's gay'. Seldom is it used to describe m/m styles or activities. When used as such it's doubled up in order to separate it from the chosen meaning of todays teen. As in 'that shirt is gay gay'. Meaning flamboyant homosexual. For a common socially unacceptable occurrence only one gay is used. In other words this new generation is rejecting something the previous generation tried to 'shove down their collective throats' and held oh so dear. Sound familiar?
Your anti-gay sentiments have no limits, do they...

Old 10-04-2009, 10:52 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Hardly.

It's true they use the word "gay" but it never does mean "flamboyantly homosexual", they also accept homosexuality almost universally and the two have nothing to do with each other. Whatever the origins and evolution of the word was, young people have few problems with homosexuality and even young gay's use the word "gay" in different contexts. And word meanings do change when it comes to slang. I remember the whole "bad is good" debate and just recently had to explain to my 85 year old father that my when my son says something is "sick" it isn't an insult. LOL. It really is the older generations that do all the complaining, becasue they want to keep their fights and battles in the forefront but ultimately that won't happen. THEY may not understand how a word can be used one way but mean something else or how it's use doesn't mean squat, but the newest generations do. Each new generation will do what they will do regardless of how meaningful or important the last one thinks something is. The truth is that by using the word the way they do they have removed some barriers and some taboos and really taken away the ability to use the word "gay" as an insult directed only at homosexuals. At least thats how my kids see it.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I had not heard of the rainbow coalition and had no clue as to why rainbows and unicorns would now be consider gay icons, but my kids were adamant that they wanted nothing to do with these icons any longer. They were never into fairy tales and other elven mythologies as I was as a kid, but I thought this repulsion they showed was odd. I later learned that the school kids would torment anyone with such iconography with derisive name calling and other verbal and sometimes physical abuse.
My brother went through that in grade school; he had the scented markers and drew a rainbow in class and kids called him gay for weeks... he just wanted to use every color so he could smell the markers...I don't even think he knew what gay meant at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep. I guess Rainbow bread, Rainbow Grocery, Rainbow Autobody (local auto place), Rainbow Sandals, Rainbow Swingsets, Rainbow Company Youth Theatre etc etc etc are ALLLLL gay companies!!!

Sheesh. I don't get why people get all up in arms about this kind of petty stuff.
Don't forget Rainbow Brite and Reading Rainbow

Old 10-04-2009, 05:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
And the Rainbow Bridge. And the Rainbow Room!

Old 10-04-2009, 06:40 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Example: A Rainbow.

The rainbow is a symbol of hope. Children draw and associate all things as good and positive and hopeful with the rainbow.

When was the rainbow appropriated by the homosexual community as their international symbol and why?

Was it done as a deliberate action by the homosexual community in order that children unconsciously associate "rainbow" + "person using it" = positive?

Is this symbol being used to spread an unconscious psychological message and engender a response for children?

I have seen the rainbow symbol on flags, bumper stickers, t-shirts, buttons, etc. When children see these things they associate the rainbow with something fun and innocent. Are homosexuals fun and innocent? Should a child's mind be subjected to unconscious psychological cues at such an early age? Babies play with rainbow toys in the crib, they draw rainbow pictures as children - then they see the "rainbow people" and the seed was already planted before they could speak.

But I remember there was a time when I wore rainbow suspenders like Mork from Ork - and NOBODY called me "gay". I don't think a teen would wear rainbow suspenders in 2009, because if someone wears anything with a rainbow motif in 2009 - they're assumed to be gay.

I suppose nobody has wondered about this except me.

Maybe we should think about it.

GOOD GRIEF!!
you can not be serious??

Old 06-29-2012, 04:57 PM

410 posts, read 341,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Young children don't even know what "gay" means. When they find out, they'll form opinions based on what their parents tell them, not on some abstract symbol.

Do you hate gays? Do you see tham as harmful? Why are you so worried about gays?
The OP said nothing of hating gays. Why get worked up over a topic. This is one of the reasons our country is so divided. BTW, when someone encounters a post such as yours, it's easy to believe in agendas and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies