Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:48 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,912,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Possum View Post
A D.C. government employee was fired two years ago for using the word "n*ggardly" in a conversation with another employee. The word "n*ggardly" is an old English word that means "persimoniously", or "excessively thrifty" and has no connection with the "N word" that sounds similar to it but is based on the Spanish word for "black".
That wasn't good enough for the D.C. government, which fired the employee for misconduct.
Don't you just love it when "progressives" talk about freedom of speech? Of course, what they mean when they say that, is that they believe in the freedom to say anything you want... as long as you don't say anything that they disagree with.
A paper I wrote was published in the early 90's. I used the word *****rdly in a discriptive context, the word was edited out and another word was placed in it's stead, to the detriment of my statement. My contract with the publisher gave them the right to edit as needed. When I asked for an explanation, I was told the word may be 'offensive' to some readers. I was offended that they thought black Americans who would read my paper (a boring, scholarly piece)were so uneducated they wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

edit: I see that the CD-PC posting police also believe the word is too hard for the black CD members to read and understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
never said he was. what is this thread about?

I don't know

Old 05-05-2009, 07:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
While it is true most pedophiles are heterosexual males, an interesting, well-known and alarming statistic reveals that out of the 1-2% of homosexuals in the population, fully 30% are also pedophiles.
Nope. Not true. Where's your source?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Nope. Not true. Where's your source?
I asked her for a source as well but was ignored.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I asked her for a source as well but was ignored.
Probably the same place that "other" person (you know who I mean ) got his...and he wouldn't give it either.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Probably the same place that "other" person (you know who I mean ) got his...and he wouldn't give it either.
Yes and then when you challenge him or ask for a source he gets all defensive and makes the grand proclamation for the whole world to know that he has OFFICIALLY put you on Ignore.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,793,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I love Joe the Plumber and agree with him.

I have a feeling that about 48% (or more) of Americans agree.
The Democrats love Joe the Plumber too. Please keep him in the public eye talking for the GOP!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:59 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,625,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post

edit: I see that the CD-PC posting police also believe the word is too hard for the black CD members to read and understand.
The ultimate in insolent patronizing, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies