Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:18 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyl1979 View Post
The point is that the American people "think" Obama is saving them money, when really he just put our kids, our grand kids and ourselves in huge debt. Normally would be the key word. You also have to have money to buy goods and services. Since the boomers are getting older maybe they can rely on reduced social security checks.
You should start here(make sure you read the whole thing) and then I will move to the next step on educating you.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/100xx/doc...ts_of_ARRA.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 12:19 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
They never pursued altenative fuels too much either.What do you know? An oil guy that doesn't push for hydro,solar or wind power,I wonder why?
$$$! Family before country I guess!!!
The Clinton administration had 8 years to pursue alternative fuels. What was accomplished in those 8 years?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The Clinton administration had 8 years to pursue alternative fuels. What was accomplished in those 8 years?
That is a fair point Fleet, but the Clinton administration didn't bankrupt the country. It was the Bush administration that took a surplus and turned it into a deficit and then cut taxes in the middle of two wars. It's ridiculous to blame the new administration for the fiscal situation that the country is in.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:27 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,674 times
Clinton, please don't bring his name up!
We had a Marine sniper on Sadam head and
Clinton waved it off!
Things would be a lot better shape if he
pulled the trigger.
DEMs are known to be soft.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
That is a fair point Fleet, but the Clinton administration didn't bankrupt the country. It was the Bush administration that took a surplus and turned it into a deficit and then cut taxes in the middle of two wars. It's ridiculous to blame the new administration for the fiscal situation that the country is in.
What do you call the 800 trillion Obama pulled?
Wasn't even necessary. Was that the right call?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Clinton, please don't bring his name up!
We had a Marine sniper on Sadam head and
Clinton waved it off!
Things would be a lot better shape if he
pulled the trigger.
DEMs are known to be soft.
Care to back that up with some proof? See I remember when Clinton was trying to get approval for going after Bin Laden and the campaign against it " no war for Monica" so forgive me if I dismiss that bit of your post. I'm old enough to know better.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
What do you call the 800 trillion Obama pulled?
Wasn't even necessary. Was that the right call?
What do you call the 800 billion that Bush gave DIRECTLY to IRAQ? Was that the keep the oil in the ground fund so the demand stays high?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Care to back that up with some proof? See I remember when Clinton was trying to get approval for going after Bin Laden and the campaign against it " no war for Monica" so forgive me if I dismiss that bit of your post. I'm old enough to know better.
That info is classified. You would only know that if you had a security code.
I was in the Marines at the time.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
So you can't back up your claims???I would have never guessed.. Thanks for trying to spin it though.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
I was in the Air Force at the time and it's a SECURITY CLEARANCE with most members having a SECRET clearance.That wouldn't have been classified.They would have sent it through congress which is a public vote and records can be pulled on it if it exists.All congressional votes are on record thats why every election you can pull which candidates were for or against certain bills/votes.As for security clearances they are on a need to know basis with details always being withheld to keep everyone clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies