Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
And as much as you all like to throw the hate bomb at anyone that disagrees with you, the above is exactly how many of us feel about homosexuality! I think we may all have just found some common ground, feels good dont it?
I don't throw the "hate bomb" at anyone that disagrees with me. If I do, then prove it. Cite some examples.

I assume you're talking about gay people when you say "you all". It's sad that you see gays as a monolithic group. This is evidence that you really don't know many gays.

The point to what I was saying (which you obviously missed) is that you are taught to hate something. As I said before, there's a difference between being repulsed and hating something. Do you understand that or agree with it?

If you don't agree, then how do you explain people who are repulsed by homosexuality but don't hate gay people and believe that they deserve to be treated equally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 10:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Joe has a right to his opinion, and also a right to protect his children.

Most kids have an inherent sense that homosexuality is abnormal.
No, most kids have an inherent sense that they are not homosexual.

Homosexual children have an inherent sense that they are.

Furthermore, homosexuality is not "abnormal." It is, in fact, perfectly normal. Homo sapiens is a species among many. And a certain percentage of many species is homosexual or bisexual (how many is up for debate, apparently). To argue otherwise is to argue against the weather. Nature is what it is. Sorry if it doesn't conform with certain people's ideologies, or offends their self-righteous sensibilities.

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

The Gay Animal Kingdom § SEEDMAGAZINE.COM

Old 05-05-2009, 10:43 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,505 times
Quote:
Most kids have an inherent sense that homosexuality is abnormal.
And you know this how?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:46 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Why is it "hatred" to teach your own children that homosexuality is wrong and abnormal. I see no hatred being taught.

What are you saying - that prepubescent children are "naturally" homo's?

What's "wrong" or "abnormal" about homosexuality? And I need something more than "the Bible tells me so." Otherwise, it's just nonsense.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:54 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,505 times
Quote:
And.............
Well, there was not an 'and' but if you insist,

Most people, at least everyone I know, would rather not hang around with pedophiles, be they 'straight' or 'gay'.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 05-05-2009 at 11:03 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't throw the "hate bomb" at anyone that disagrees with me. If I do, then prove it. Cite some examples.

I assume you're talking about gay people when you say "you all". It's sad that you see gays as a monolithic group. This is evidence that you really don't know many gays.

The point to what I was saying (which you obviously missed) is that you are taught to hate something. As I said before, there's a difference between being repulsed and hating something. Do you understand that or agree with it?

If you don't agree, then how do you explain people who are repulsed by homosexuality but don't hate gay people and believe that they deserve to be treated equally?
Alright, now listen up,you can look at a zillion post's on here from homosexuals and their sympathisers, and the common theme is anyone that is not down with the whole homo agenda is full of hate, not going to debate that anymore. Like I said I agree with you're little vomit analogy, I do not hate Homosexuals,I am repulsed by their behavior, and like joe the plumber would not choose to purposely have my kids around them, as I would any other group of people that I would not care to have my kids exposed to, that , does not equate to hate!

Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Alright, now listen up,you can look at a zillion post's on here from homosexuals and their sympathisers, and the common theme is anyone that is not down with the whole homo agenda is full of hate, not going to debate that anymore. Like I said I agree with you're little vomit analogy, I do not hate Homosexuals,I am repulsed by their behavior, and like joe the plumber would not choose to purposely have my kids around them, as I would any other group of people that I would not care to have my kids exposed to, that , does not equate to hate!
I got it, man. Okay, at least you acknowledged that you were generalizing about what you said. Not all of us use the same reactionary lingo (such as the word "hate"). Keep that in mind. I do appreciate your responding to me.

I'm glad you don't hate homos. You didn't say that originally, so I didn't know.

I do wonder, though: Would you not want your kids to be around homos simply because you think they're gross, or is it also that you're afraid homos might try to molest your kids (or somehow turn them gay)?

I'm only asking because I'm curious. Thanks.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:49 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,674 times
Why do gays think it's right to marry?
Most of them are sluts and cheat on their partners anyways.
It's not normal period! Why should it be legalized now?
It is known as unusual behavior and very risky for diseases.
Go to Iran and see how gays are accepted.
Why can't we keep it to don't ask, don't tell....

Old 05-05-2009, 11:54 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
well I'm gay.. and I'm a public school teacher.. good thing joe the plumber doesn't live in boise, we'd have some interesting parent/teacher conferences...
what an ignorant jerk...

Old 05-05-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Why do gays think it's right to marry?
Most of them are sluts and cheat on their partners anyways.
It's not normal period! Why should it be legalized now?
It is known as unusual behavior and very risky for diseases.
Go to Iran and see how gays are accepted.
Why can't we keep it to don't ask, don't tell....
Well, that's one opinion, isn't it?

I didn't know that marriage was off-limits for sluts. Lots of famous sluts have gotten married.

Don't know what your definition of "normal" is, but you may want to consult an encyclopedia or talk with a psychologist about what is "normal".

Unusual behavior and diseases don't stop opposite-sex couples from getting married.

Iran is another country. I don't think we create laws in the U.S. based on what Iran does.

"Don't Ask Don't Tell" is a joke. I say either let people serve openly or don't let them serve at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies