Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times

Advertisements

I love my German/Polish husband, but I have always found Asian men to be handsome. I know I'm not the only woman who does.

I also can't imagine how any Asian woman would have a hard time dating here-ALL men I know go CRAZY over them! I've never met a man who wasn't "into Asian chicks".

Old 07-27-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,317 times
I agree it's a generational thing. At the college campus I go to in Oregon almost all the Asians you see in a relationship are Asian female/Asian male. Asian female/white male couples are actually rare. Now ten years ago you would never see an Asian female go out with an Asian male (or black or latino, for that matter, always white). I think there's more self acceptance for Asians nowadays, especially since cultural stereotyping and the media's emasculation of Asian men and objectification of Asian women aren't as rampant as it used to be. So there's some hope for the future.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:24 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,861 times
Most Asian men make a whole ----load of money when they get out of college. I dont think they are too worried about anything.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 PM

983 posts, read 3,598,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I love my German/Polish husband, but I have always found Asian men to be handsome. I know I'm not the only woman who does.

I also can't imagine how any Asian woman would have a hard time dating here-ALL men I know go CRAZY over them! I've never met a man who wasn't "into Asian chicks".
I know a whole lot of guys who aren't.
I found out that men who don't go crazy over Asian chicks are not that rare. Perhaps the phenomenon Sidd explains below have something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
I agree it's a generational thing. At the college campus I go to in Oregon almost all the Asians you see in a relationship are Asian female/Asian male. Asian female/white male couples are actually rare. Now ten years ago you would never see an Asian female go out with an Asian male (or black or latino, for that matter, always white). I think there's more self acceptance for Asians nowadays, especially since cultural stereotyping and the media's emasculation of Asian men and objectification of Asian women aren't as rampant as it used to be. So there's some hope for the future.
It's interesting for me to read this once again.
You're not the only one who has observed the rise of self-acceptance among Asians. It is definitely something discernible.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:42 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,752,326 times
Although I think Asian guys have it bad, blacks have it worse, by far at least in the gay dating scene. I think part of the problem is negative stereotypes about both groups. Asian's are stereotyped for being "small" and black men are stereotyped for being "thugs" at least from my experience. It gets pretty frustrating, because although there will always be people out looking for your type, the selection pool is somewhat narrowed and it becomes increasingly harder to find someone.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
First of all I am very glad I am limited to watching and not playing this game.

I find intelligent, active, and beautiful women of any cultural or racial background fascinating. Always have and always will.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 PM

983 posts, read 3,598,260 times
Arrow Shallow gay guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
Although I think Asian guys have it bad, blacks have it worse, by far at least in the gay dating scene. I think part of the problem is negative stereotypes about both groups. Asian's are stereotyped for being "small" and black men are stereotyped for being "thugs" at least from my experience. It gets pretty frustrating, because although there will always be people out looking for your type, the selection pool is somewhat narrowed and it becomes increasingly harder to find someone.
Excuse me if some people get offended by this, but this is my personal opinion: I think what you describe is one of the sick things within the gay community, yet frankly it is quite widespread. IMO it shows how shallow gays in general are. Something that many gays admit themselves.
Most of the women who have been told about this phenomenon (which is true, whether we like it or not) cannot understand it. Of course there are women who are size oriented, but they are a small minority, not even to be compared to the prevalence of size worship among gay guys.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,923 times
why is it that more black women show interest in asian men than white women. i have noticed this trend on a lot of forums, as a black female i find it interesting and also very fetish on the sudden blasian romance. it seems to me that the sudden interest has to do with white rejection and black and asian been rejected by their own race. the last resort is a black woman and vice verse for black females. if it is a fantasy that won't last to the point of a serious relationship, because i have a feeling too that it is a short lived trend that is less prevalent. i can't remember the first or last time i saw an asian male and black female, but somehow it exist often?

Old 01-23-2010, 09:52 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,277 times
My wife is Chinese. She dated a few asian men, but she is very Americanized and usually liked how American men viewed a relationship with her moreso than how an Asian American man does. We are very much equals in our relationship, in a relationship with an Asian, he would be the dominate person in the relationship. Some americanized asian women have issues with this cultural concept.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:21 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,979 times
2 cents:

Asian women tend to remind me of either my sisters or my mom - I could never really get past that imagery

Ended up marrying an awesome American/south Indian wench and never looked back.

In case you're wondering (and if you're reading this thread, I bet you are), our kids look sorta Mexican/Phillipino-ish but not. It's really hard for people to categorize them if mom and dad aren't right there with them - and if they're out and about with either set of grandparents they get the most puzzled looks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies