Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 06:42 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
For a man whose eloquence can't be criticized...

Maybe I should have have make a post about his ineptness without a teleprompter.

I can just say it in this thread though. Because his teleprompter doesn't spell things phonetically, you will see more stories like this.

Power Line - How Would He Pronounce "Cassiopeia"? (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/03/023149.php - broken link)

You Bush supporters listened to the blathering idiocy for 8 years and now all of sudden feel compelled to criticize the oratory of one of the better speakers to hold the office.

A strange breed indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 06:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Actually, not only Obama pronounces it that way, but so do thousands of others, if not millions. Why is this a problem? Are people really that up in arms about it? Dang, & I thought the whoohaaa over Bush saying "nukular" was bad. Although, my personal favorite was "strategory".

Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Then maybe he should go there and live if he wants to speak ebonage.
don't be such a redneck...

Old 05-06-2009, 06:50 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Then maybe he should go there and live if he wants to speak ebonage.
Can you post a link to the President speaking ebonics or is this you just blowing smoke out your azz!!!!

Probably the latter!!!

I guess in your opinion we all speak ebonics, and to think some people said racism died with his election victory!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:54 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
This is a ridiculous thread. I hated the way President Bush pronounced "nukular," but the OP is criticizing President Obama on "Pakistan" which is a perfectly legitimate way of pronouncing the country?

For crying out loud, this is MINOR stuff! Focus on policy issues and such!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:56 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
This is a ridiculous thread. I hated the way President Bush pronounced "nukular," but the OP is criticizing President Obama on "Pakistan" which is a perfectly legitimate way of pronouncing the country?

Where were you when numerous threads have been started about Michelle Obama's looks? Or their dog choice? Or the vegetable garden at the White House? Or the photos taken while Michelle was at a homeless shelter? The list goes on & on.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,332,506 times
Quote:

And "nukular" isn't "MINOR stuff!"?

That is a double standard indeed, they are both mispronounced words, except when George Bush did it was "oh he is the pariah of America."

When Obama does it, it is minor stuff? Is that what I am to take away from it?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:08 PM

749 posts, read 947,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Can you post a link to the President speaking ebonics or is this you just blowing smoke out your azz!!!!

Probably the latter!!!

I guess in your opinion we all speak ebonics, and to think some people said racism died with his election victory!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
don't be such a redneck...

Wow, I knew I could get under your skin. You blue bloods are constantly posting/supporting his speeches and praising how he speaks. All I am pointing out is that there are a few (ok many) mistakes in your messiah's speaking ability. Countless teleprompter issues and the lack of ability to speak without them only because he is not familiar with the material. Hence Bill Clinton did not have that problem, he knew the material. All you can say about W is that he said "uh".

Mispronouncing the correct name of another country can cause anger with the people of said country. Simple mistakes are inexcusable.

How about "Cinco de Quatro" instead of Quatro de Mayo? What a flubber that was. That means five of four in Spanish. Everyday there is more ammo for the GOP to hit him with. Maybe he should stay off the tv some and actually do some work.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:

Jimmy Carter was the president that invented the "nukular" pronunciation. Thank him for being the "original idiot".

Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Hey OP,

Did you find the clip where Obama said Pakistan is his favorite country?

Or are you COnservatives lying through your teeth yet again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies