Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:45 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Does anyone think that it is odd that our President who claimed to be a devout Christian beyond all criticism has:

a) yet to find a Church in his new hometown (or since he threw Jeremiah Wright and his White grandmother under the bus). He has not had a home Church for over a year

b) Decided that he needs to cover up crucifixes whenever he goes to a Catholic University

c) Canceled traditional Christian events at the White House

I know that it will get me yelled at but at the very least I do not believe that Obama is a very devout Christian, he says he is a Christian, but doesn't care too much about his faith. At the worst, I think that he may be Muslim. What else can you gather from a President who won't go to Church, cancels half centuries long Christian events, and wants to cover up Christian symbols wherever he goes?
Ahhhh, so you have decided to "ursurp" God's role when it comes to judging who is a "real" Christian and who is not?? Very interesting.

I've always heard that your "personal relationship" with God is for God to judge, not other "men"............

Can you back up your assertions that Obama has crucifixes covered up every time he visits a Catholic University?

Did it ever occur to your that Obama's real HOME church is in his HEART? You mean your church didn't teach you about that sort of thing? Maybe your church is really interested in your weekly donations.

As for cancelled "traditional Christian events" at the White House, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Some specifics please?

No, I do not think it is at all ODD that Obama has not found a "home" church in Washington, D.C.

Now, just how predictible do your think it would be, if Obama had a "home church" in D.C., for any "terrorist" to find him at his "home" church one Sunday if such a "terrorist" were looking for a pattern of behavior of the President??

Maybe you need to re-think your qualifications for taking over God's job of judging who is a Christian and who is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,307 times
Default Great Day & Canerican

No response to the facts?

Old 05-08-2009, 07:59 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Great Day, are you going to continue to maintain the the "intent" of The National Day of Prayer is NOT a holiday for the Judeo-Christian faith? Come on. Look at the "spirit" how this holiday has been observed. There is no intention to have groups with different spiritual faiths aparticipate!
You asked if all faiths participate. I said yes. This is but one group - Last year there were Christians, Jews, Muslims etc. Many religious faiths -
You seem bitter about religion though - is that it? You just don't like religion?

And if you looked at the heading of the website in question - you would see that this National Day of Prayer was the 58th ANNUAL - while there was not a "specific" date as there is now - there was always an annual event.

I'd suggest you let go of your hatred and bitterness towards those, of all faiths, who recognize that this nation has been religious based - Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader - very high up in the Mormon Church. There was a Catholic Priest as a member of congress.

Just relax - a Day of Prayer is not hurting you.

BTW, do yo have as much problem with Christmas being celebrated in the White House? And the lighting of the National Christmas Tree?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
This is a COUNTRY

N O T

a

religion!

And, go pray all you want ....it

HASN'T

helped....but I'm sure you'll ignore THAT little inconvenient fact!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM

154 posts, read 154,296 times
Examples of religious police state: Sharia Law (Islamic) in Arab countries, and of all places the UK!

Really, the government is about respect to people of all faiths and faithless. Church and your private property are the proper places to practice religion. You wouldn't want the BIG GOV dictating law in the house of the lord would you? That's why there's separation of church and state in the USA.

In communist China, the totalitarian BIG GOV outlawed churches. In the USA you're free to practice religion. Be careful of the Federal GOV pushing your church into 501C3 incorporate non-profit though!!!! Sad state of affairs.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
...but I'm sure you'll ignore THAT little inconvenient fact!
Like it or not though - religion is part of our cultural fiber / fabric.

Many towns "grew up" around the town church - Churches are, to this day, at the center of many communities.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Like it or not though - religion is part of our cultural fiber / fabric.

Many towns "grew up" around the town church - Churches are, to this day, at the center of many communities.
So?

That does NOT mean this country IS a religion.....keep 'em seperate or luxuriate in the government one day CONTROLLING your religion

I also know towns have grown up around saloons, brothels, and gas stations.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 05-08-2009 at 08:53 PM..

Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,251 times
do you support the eco terrorists who infect the democrat party when their platform is based on the unknown as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So?

That does NOT mean this country IS a religion.....keep 'em seperate or luxuriate in the government one day CONTROLLING your religion

Old 05-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
do you support the eco terrorists who infect the democrat party when their platform is based on the unknown as well?
I have no idea what you're referring to ....and neither do you....wanna try the ..oh, I don't know, maybe the TOPIC???

Old 05-08-2009, 08:54 PM

154 posts, read 154,296 times

YouTube - Betty Bowers Explains Prayer to Everyone Else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies