Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,428,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceharvester View Post
I'm just saying that those cases make me sick. Abortion should be illegal because it is murder.

As to the common retort of who will take care of the unwanted kids, how about the people that made them.

BUT I have a solution. Illegal aliens cost us upwards of $80M a year. It costs roughly $500K to raise a kid and put them thru college.

If we cleaned out the illegals, we could use the money saved for government subsidized foster care.

just an idea.

BTW, I mentioned "murder" in the edit to my post.

The illegals need to be sent home, but that's a different subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
This is why sex education, free and widely available birth control and the easy distribution of Plan B is a necessity.
The fifteen year old may grow up and realize her idiocy. Your gfs crackwhore of a friend will probably be a loser the entirety of her life (and really, what kind of people are you associating with anyway?). But just maybe if we as a society acted proactively (birth control, sex ed, etc..) instead of retroactively (abortion, unwanted/abused children) these types of problems would be much more rare.
Yes, yes, yes!

Old 05-07-2009, 01:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There's no cure for stupid. And stupid isn't a right. It's a condition.
And it's forever.

YouTube - Ron White - Stupid is forever

Old 05-07-2009, 01:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
I have consistently asserted on this forum that abortion is nothing but a ploy to absolve oneself of personal responsibility. Your example is a perfect example of such.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,242,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ha! Salmon spawning isn't going to cut it in this day and age.
Your son is 12? Get ready for middle school --- there is serious dating happening there. Not my dds, but they are always telling me who is breaking up and the like. It is a different age sad to say.
I have a lot of teacher friends and middle school is running rampant with group orgies and oral sex is apparently as common as a handshake nowadays.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,909,861 times
Quote:
I know abortion has been beat to death, but these two stories make me sick,

A girl my gf partied with got knocked up. She planned on getting an abortion so she kept doing drugs and partying. Apparently she never got around to getting the abortion so now the baby has serious defects. How is this not a crime?
wow, she sounds like a piece of work.. but in the end everyone is responsible for their own reproductive rights, not the state. Before a baby is born, it is part of the mother's body, what she breathes, eats, drinks is her choice, which is why drinking and smoking while pregnant isn't illegal. Its the woman's body. While I think it's irresponsible, she has a right to be irresponsible. Would you advocate the state stepping in and tieing her to a chair and inspecting everything that goes into her mouth, lungs, and veins?cuz I don't.. even though I do disagree with her choices

A 15 yo girl loved her BF so much, she got pregnant with his kid. Her parents made her get an abortion. Afterwards she goes right back and gets knocked up again. WTF
Seems to me that the parents are at fault if it's a 15 year old, if you're making your daughter go get an abortion, you'd think the next thing the parents would be doing is keeping their girl away from the guy she's dating

I think abortion should be illegal. People think it is the fix that allows them to be irresponsible.
However, the people in the above stories just seem to be trash and common place trash.
Abortion serves a purpose, what about it cases of rape? incest? just because a guy throws his seed in a woman doesn't make that woman chained to the task of bringing that child to full term at the expense of her body whether it be rape, incest, or any other circumstances.. There certainly are incidences where it is pretty repulsive behavior, but we can't close the door on everyone just because there who are very much disgusting and irresponsible with it.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:48 PM

18,345 posts, read 18,963,331 times
Quote:
I'm just saying that those cases make me sick. Abortion should be illegal because it is murder.

As to the common retort of who will take care of the unwanted kids, how about the people that made them.

BUT I have a solution. Illegal aliens cost us upwards of $80M a year. It costs roughly $500K to raise a kid and put them thru college.

If we cleaned out the illegals, we could use the money saved for government subsidized foster care.

just an idea.
abortion is murder is an opinion and debateable. no one likes abortion. it is legal should remain so and the why and when between a woman and her doctor. it is not my business or your's or societies.

if we taxed churches not only could we pay for subsidized foster care but feed the poor and pay for a lot of needed health care for the elderly... just a idea

Old 05-07-2009, 01:48 PM

Boiseguy, some states have laws that define the fetus as a "person." The states DO have laws making legal abortions an exception to murder, but mothers can be prosecuted for endangering their children if they are born as drug babies, etc.

And also by far most states do not allow third trimester abortions or even late second trimester abortions except in the most extreme cases. So saying that the fetus isn't a person until birth or suggesting that abortion is permitted at any time during a pregnancy is not true.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:50 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,030,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I have consistently asserted on this forum that abortion is nothing but a ploy to absolve oneself of personal responsibility. Your example is a perfect example of such.
Or it's taking responsibility for your actions, when you know you cannot care for such a thing.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And when a woman is raped. It must be her fault. Because that's the only way a statement like "abortion is nothing but a ploy to absolve [herself] of personal responsibility" could apply to her deciding to abort her rapist's child.

Is that really your position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies