Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I don't know if I would have put it quite that way, but I agree. We are all human beings with thoughts and feelings. Whether you agree or not, you don't have to resort to name calling and trying to make someone feel bad about themselves. What gain could you possibly get from that??? It sure doesn't strengthen your argument.

What ever happened to agreeing to disagree?
I don't know WHAT people gain from it, I assume they have a lot of self-loathing & it makes them feel better about themselves. How crazy is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 03:54 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't know WHAT people gain from it, I assume they have a lot of self-loathing & it makes them feel better about themselves. How crazy is that?
I think they have shameful desires they can't reconcile...

Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
I think they have shameful desires they can't reconcile...
haha, "shameful"....that's about right.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely, boiseguy, put them on your ignore list. That's what I do when I sense that someone is beyond hope. There's no need to allow them to make you feel bad. There are lots of idiots in the world. You can't give everybody on an anonymous message board equal credibility. It doesn't make sense.
If you feel like you are on the side of righteousness and justice why would anything anyone says make you feel bad? The obvious answer is that deep down inside, you actually realize there's something wrong. You don't want to admit it and that's why you fill your life with the white noise of gay propaganda. If you paused for a second and turned off that white noise you might feel compelled to actually reflect on what you do. That feeling bad that you have is not because someone you deem to have no moral standing is saying something, the reason you feel bad is because you are being convicted from the inside. No matter how many people you win over to saying gay is ok, you'll always have that conviction that there's something not quite right about certain behaviors of yours. We all feel it. The question is do you try and justify it and try to bury the guilt or do you try to overcome it and do the right thing?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
This thread has turned into a train wreck, I can't believe the ignorance and intolerance of these bigots.
The fact that you call others bigots makes you just as much a bigot. The fact that you refuse to tolerate people with differing opinions also makes you a hypocrite.

You call people other people names just because they have a different lifestyle.

Quote:
It isn't even worth it to me anymore.. I refuse to even deal with these people.. if they can't come to the issue with an ounce of decency, and compassion for understanding human rights and dignity, then they aren't worth even trying to reason with... They are a dying breed. they are what they are...
Dying breed? You mean like all those liberals in California that refused gays the "right" to marry? Gays have overplayed their hands and are now reaping the rewards of their own bigotry.

Quote:
Life will go on, and equality will be here before we know it. and the earth won't come to an end.
The surprise on your face will be priceless when your prophecy falls flat.

Quote:
Just don't think for a moment that these people are going to have any influence on decisions in the public schools.. atleast not until they can represent their case in a justified, honest, and respectable manner....
Like in the California marriage case? And thanks for the inadvertent acknowledgment that gays are after our kids and trying to influence their views before they have the opportunity to develop a set of morals and views to address the topic as an adult.

Quote:
As teaching professionals we welcome and want all the input we can get, even if we don't like it or agree with it, but these antics are downright nasty and bigotry.. and have no place at the table as far as I'm concerned... I'd say the same thing to Perez hilton.. if you want to sit and make this issue a battle of wits and punches below the belt, fine, but I can assure you it is very real and important issue for many people and their families, and they deserve a certain level of respect. If you can't give them that, then you need to re-evaluate your character....
If you're going to go around calling people with an opposing view bigots because they don't accept your lifestyle while you yourself have zero respect for their lifestyle then you obviously need to re-evaluate your own character, eh?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
95 percent of the kids in my district with gay parents have two mom's meaning it is a lesbian couple raising their biological or adopted children...
I would not tolerate anal sex and HIV thrown in the faces of these families to justify your position. LGBT families come in MANY forms, and for the record Lesbian HIV rates are lower than straight people's AND anal sex isn't even relative. I think it's disgusting to throw these issues in the face of these families and their kids...How would you like it if other parents and people in the community were attacking your family and throwing all sorts of sexual references in your face and your kid's faces to justify their dislike for how you live?
you have no problem calling us bigots so I don't see how throwing out the other side of the argument out there is inconsistent.

The other flaw in your argument is because of representation. You just argued that information should be presented based on the statistical representation of the population. Well in the case of homosexuals with children in school, they are such a tiny portion of the population (representation) by your logic homosexuality should never be addressed. But I'm sure your hypocrisy will find a way to backpedal against your own logic.

Quote:
It is purely insult to injury as far as I'm concerned and anyone that thinks it's justified and reasonable should be ashamed of themselves.
That's what I tell anyone about their behavior. "Pedophiles, you should not feel ashamed! Thieves, you should not feel ashamed! Liars, you should not feel ashamed!..."

Quote:
two gay men off in a bathouse shooting up and engaging in god knows what kind of sexual practices is in a totally different wrelm of two responsible monogomous loving adults just trying to raise their kids..
if you can't recognize that.. then perhaps you lack cognative abilities..and should just go ahead and check yourself out of the discussion... you're not doing anyone any good.. not even your side of the argument.
Yep, the reps up are telling me that I'm totally out of it.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
In Spain, even the Catholic (democratic) right is respectful of gay rights. They would lose a lot of their usual support and be frowned upon if they didn't show proper respect. I'm guessing it's the same thing in England and in the rest of Western Europe. I'm sorry but it doesn't matter whether Christians are a majority or not in a truly democratic country: it's the individual citizen who has the rights. And every individual is deserving of respect provided he/she doesn't disrespect others. It's puzzling that anybody would be willing to support a democracy where it might be legal to discriminate against others just because they don't live according to the Bible. Modern democracy IS NOT divinely inspired! This is not Iran, there are civil rights and the obligation to respect those rights. You may express yourself freely as an individual citizen, but when responsible for the wellbeing/education of people (a politician while at work, a teacher while at work, etc.) a democratic country doesn't care whether you find gays disgusting. You teach respect and tolerance FOR ALL regardless of your own agenda, which is what makes democracy different and worthwhile.

I can't believe the "debate" about who's more or less tolerant is still alive somewhere else. From outside, it's all distinctly clear.
you know America is not a democracy, right? And since you do, I'm curious as to what your post has to do with America.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,311 times
Quote:
How nice that you're able to laugh at people with homosexual attractions and dismiss whatever they tell you about decades of research. Honestly, I don't think it matters what any of us come up with. There are people (like you, for example), who will always refuse to believe that homosexuality is natural and/or normal because they're too small-minded to believe that there could be anything valid about an opinion that is not their own.
And none of this response provides evidence as to why you claim they are correct. Experience and expertise can be used to bring support to a position, but they do not provide the evidence. They are still simply giving their "opinion" as to the case, they are not able to provide any real evidence that directly supports their premise. A guess is still a guess no matter how much you may want it to be a fact. Your argument lies within the fallacy of "Appeal to Authority" as you expect people to accept their opinion on the basis of their position. Illogical.

Quote:
Even though we give you credible arguments citing professional organizations to back us up, you can't even come up with one source to back up what you're saying.
You give opinions and then you support those opinonis with more opinoins. There are no facts, no evidence, no proofs in your position or the sources you cited. Also, you cited names of organizations, not actual research when you responded to me. Understand that any of the research you do cite, if it is epidemiological in nature then it is also merely a study to attempt to find if it is "plausible", it does not provide a definitive nor does it meet traditional scientific standards of testing as its results are built upon assumptive conclusions.

Arguing sources with you would be a tit for tat of who has the best opinon. As I said, all of the studies are unable to provide proper evedentual conclusions. They are merely assumptions and arguing assumptions is on the level of arguing subjective tastes which is entirely pointless and wasted effort. You stated that you knew of no research that contested the conclusions of yours, and yet with a simple google on the subject, many can be found. The fact that you made the statement you did concerning the existence of these various counter claims means that you will not accept anything but your own opinoins and therefore any attempt to even provide evidence would be again... wasted effort.

Quote:
And yes, it's an emotional response. If you were criticizing my politics, that would be one thing, but when you criticize a core part of who I am, yeah, you get an emotional response from me. The only other way to explain your position would be to acknowledge that you want to remain ignorant.
And yet you admit that you argue emotionally and expect people to attempt to logically discuss with you? To actually entertain a debate on the topic? There is no point as through your own admission, any rational discussion will be laden with emotional evaluation on your part leaving any objective conclusion impossible.

Let me make this clear. I do not care who, what or why you are personally. You made a claim stating it as fact when it is not. I contested your claim with logical questioning to which you used emotional reasoning to respond to. The issue is not with you, who you are, or what you do, but simply your lack of ability to properly apply a rational argument for your position. getting angry, offended or upset with me only worsens your position on this.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
How nice that you're able to laugh at people with homosexual attractions and dismiss whatever they tell you about decades of research. Honestly, I don't think it matters what any of us come up with. There are people (like you, for example), who will always refuse to believe that homosexuality is natural and/or normal because they're too small-minded to believe that there could be anything valid about an opinion that is not their own.
Just as you would refuse any information to the contrary. So stop being a hypocrite.

Quote:
Even though we give you credible arguments citing professional organizations to back us up, you can't even come up with one source to back up what you're saying.
Organizations that have caved to the gay agenda since the 70s basing the removal of homosexuality from the DSM on a vote rather than science.

Quote:
And yes, it's an emotional response. If you were criticizing my politics, that would be one thing, but when you criticize a core part of who I am, yeah, you get an emotional response from me. The only other way to explain your position would be to acknowledge that you want to remain ignorant.
Don't forget, science infrequently has to reverse itself and don't forget that science is not opposed to being bought out, global warming anyone...err global climate change since it's been getting colder the last decade?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You give opinions and then you support those opinonis with more opinoins. There are no facts, no evidence, no proofs in your position or the sources you cited.
Enough of you. Really. If you don't want to trust major medical and psychological assocations, then don't. I guess until someone finds a "gay gene", you'll continue to doubt anyone who says that homosexuality is normal, and even if there is a gay gene, you'll call it a birth defect. I can't spend any more time on you. I give up. Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies