Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
No cold war; No civil war 12 24.00%
Yes cold war; no civil war 7 14.00%
Yes cold war; Yes civil war later in the future 2 4.00%
Yes cold war; Yes civil war is imminent, but not immediately 8 16.00%
Yes cold war; We are not far from having escalating fighting in public 7 14.00%
I will take up arms with the conservatives if I have to 7 14.00%
I will take up arms with the liberals if I have to 1 2.00%
I will move to a conservative friendly nation if it occurs 4 8.00%
I will move to a liberal friendly nation if it occurs 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:19 PM

9 posts, read 9,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
Since the Clinton era there have been a rising storm of extreme-conservatives that have used labeling and hate to stir the emotions of what was once a very polite society..

Since the mid-Bush era, the liberals began to attack back..

Every forum we attend to there is back and forth hate being spewed..

It is the narrow-scoped, one-size fits all conservatives versus the broad scoped, more diversity friendly liberals that no longer stand each other..

I am not making this up as there are many socioligists that have alreadly suggested the level of cold war is measured through the media and any other types of medium form of communication..

There is also a disconnect occuring to previous friends and family, and now there is a rising number of conservative gunmen that have already begun to take aim at immigration centers, churches with liberals and liberal party hqrs..

It isn't going to be a lot longer, and you are going to see a lot of hate and death in this country.. Some sociologists have suggested that we have gone too far, while others seem more optimistic about the outcome of any war but do not debate the cold war aspect of american society.
I think there is some merit to this. Something certainly has changed and not for the good. There are always debates and moron ideas, but there is a de-humanization happening. Sociologist know about what comes next for history shows it again and again.

My take is that some of this is from the the concept of American changing. We don't believe all are equal (modern day slaves aka illegals).
We don't believe in life (Iraq, capital punishment, FDA, China)
We don't believe in liberty (pot laws, TSA, Patriot act, IRS)

So what exactly is an American and what does he believe? That is now on the table for definition. Thats what this whole right/left shooting match is about.

Maybe this has occurred before such as with the civil war. But my hope is to have enough means to leave the US if and when I must and while it may be allowed.

I sure want to leave if the radio/ TV talk show hosts ever get the Gov that they deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 04:01 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,197,899 times
Default new ideas...

what is it going to take now to cause the public to 'simmer down'...

Old 05-17-2009, 06:38 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Since the Clinton era there have been a rising storm of extreme-conservatives that have used labeling and hate to stir the emotions of what was once a very polite society..
Oh puhleeeze.....revise history and invent facts much?

There are extremists on both sides, and let's not forget the race baiting and labeling that takes place on the left. Putting everyone into ethnic buckets and using race and ethnicity to try and win political advantage has become the liberal M.O., as has this new wave of class warfare.

I'm not saying that a conservative has never been wrong or used labels, but for crying out loud, you're blind if you can't see that labeling, grouping, and using class as a weapon has been the hallmark of the Democrats and liberals.

Very polite society? Were you alive in the 1960s? Do you know anything about history? You think this kind of political theater started since 1992?

Old 05-17-2009, 06:40 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,997,031 times
Quote:

Since the mid-Bush era, the liberals began to attack back..

Every forum we attend to there is back and forth hate being spewed..

It is the narrow-scoped, one-size fits all conservatives versus the broad scoped, more diversity friendly liberals that no longer stand each other..

I am not making this up as there are many socioligists that have alreadly suggested the level of cold war is measured through the media and any other types of medium form of communication..

There is also a disconnect occuring to previous friends and family, and now there is a rising number of conservative gunmen that have already begun to take aim at immigration centers, churches with liberals and liberal party hqrs..

It isn't going to be a lot longer, and you are going to see a lot of hate and death in this country.. Some sociologists have suggested that we have gone too far, while others seem more optimistic about the outcome of any war but do not debate the cold war aspect of american society.

Hey, it's just Southern Culture. Only been around since 1730, or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies