Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you live?
Northwest 5 17.86%
Southwest 3 10.71%
Great Lakes 4 14.29%
Southeast 7 25.00%
South Atlantic 1 3.57%
Middle Atlantic 3 10.71%
New England 4 14.29%
Gulf Coast 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:10 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
ILNC, thanks for stopping by--sorry to hear you are not cozy. I'm not either.

Are you planning a move to another "vague" place on this map?
I want to move to the "vague" South Atlantic Tennessee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 08:12 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
I'm living or rather camping out in a 7-room duplex and you know it is cozier than that adobe I lived in back in Taos. There is some good vibes here even though I can hear myself think and when I'm on the phone you can hear this really hollow sound.

But cozy can be that cottage. I'll let you know when I get to Nantucket in May!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Oh, I'm fine, but when I think of 'cozy' I think of a little cottage on a lake somewhere.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:16 PM

I really like that "vague" part of the country. I nearly changed my plans and took a side trip to TN a couple of weeks ago; I always have fond memories of visiting CHATTANOOGA. I bought some terrific hand-made baskets from a guy and his daughter on the road; they lasted for years and I had this fantasy I'd drive up that road years later and find that man and his gal, again. And, yup, buy more baskets.

Any place in particular in TN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I want to move to the "vague" South Atlantic Tennessee.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I really like that "vague" part of the country. I nearly changed my plans and took a side trip to TN a couple of weeks ago; I always have fond memories of visiting CHATTANOOGA. I bought some terrific hand-made baskets from a guy and his daughter on the road; they lasted for years and I had this fantasy I'd drive up that road years later and find that man and his gal, again. And, yup, buy more baskets.

Any place in particular in TN?
We used to think we would move to North Carolina ( I do love it ) but since I joined this forum I learned about the high taxes and we both love Tenn too so we're thinking the Knoxville area. Neat story about the baskets.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:31 PM

Have you had a chance to visit yet? Knoxville is a very exciting town. During that same trip I remember participating in a fair of some kind--at night--and dozens of musicians playing on the street. It's a colourful place.

And just an idea, have you thought about KY. That state is truly God's country.

Quote:
We used to think we would move to North Carolina ( I do love it ) but since I joined this forum I learned about the high taxes and we both love Tenn too so we're thinking the Knoxville area. Neat story about the baskets.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Have you had a chance to visit yet? Knoxville is a very exciting town. During that same trip I remember participating in a fair of some kind--at night--and dozens of musicians playing on the street. It's a colourful place.

And just an idea, have you thought about KY. That state is truly God's country.
Yes we were there in January on our way to N.C. It seems like a really neat place. And yes Kentucky is beautiful but we want to be closer to the mountains and to North Carolina.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:39 PM

Yes, I can understand those mountains! The Smoky Mountains are stand-alone aren't they?

Hope to hear you are cozy in those mountains before too long!

Quote:
Yes we were there in January on our way to N.C. It seems like a really neat place. And yes Kentucky is beautiful but we want to be closer to the mountains and to North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies