Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 11:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,396,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're not making sense.

First, I wasn't stereotyping. Afo didn't see me stereotyping either. The bottom line is that I know what I said and I know what I meant.

Second, I think you meant to say "they cannot accept that some women do not want or need men", right?

Third, I have no problem accepting that some women do not want or need men. I don't know how you got the impression that I do.
And I should make clear that I, like AUM, can accept that some women do not want or need men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I have thought about it and come to a conclusion. I think people who make religion (an unproven BELIEF-in my eyes) everything and an extremely important part of who they are are simply weak.

If you are going to base your vote on The Bible or Quran, I might as well base my vote on Sleeping Beauty. They all are just fairy tales after all. People who go that into religion and let it interfere with their life and reality are just weak minded and I feel so sorry for them.
And 80% of Americans disagree with you. Do you really think you're smarter than all them?

Personally, I think all religion is about people trying to calm their fears. That doesn't mean I think it's stupid.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,131,972 times
Religion, and my beliefs in God, make my life stronger.

It has helped me through some very, very difficult times in my life.

It has helped me fully celebrate all the good things that have happened also.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:13 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,539,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
And I should make clear that I, like AUM, can accept that some women do not want or need men.
Correct me if I am wrong but didnt you say you felt a bit insulted by that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're not making sense.

First, I wasn't stereotyping. Afo didn't see me stereotyping either. The bottom line is that I know what I said and I know what I meant.

Second, I think you meant to say "they cannot accept that some women do not want or need men", right?

Third, I have no problem accepting that some women do not want or need men. I don't know how you got the impression that I do.
What I mean what that some women are lesbian or ok being by themselves. Why does it bother men?

Same with me. I know what I said and I know what I mean. I am not a man hater like how some people jumped to conclusions about it. Including you.

Quote:
I deleted that post. That's probably why there was a problem.
Thanks for the heads up. I was about to run a virus scan.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No, I'm not trying to change your mind - there is no reason for me to. I'm merely trying to let you know that most people - of all political persuasions, will vote, in part, based on the religious / moral values - not "logic".

But, trying to get you to change your mind - No.
What Ms. TLV also fails to understand is that everyone's logic is not like hers. Even when you take religion/morals out of the equation entirely.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but didnt you say you felt a bit insulted by that?

Same with me. I know what I said and I know what I mean. I am not a man hater like how some people jumped to conclusions about it. Including you.
I'm not sure if it was intentional on your part, but I picked up on a clear anti-male sentiment from those posts.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I was about to run a virus scan.
No problem.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:16 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,539,053 times
Quote:
And 80% of Americans disagree with you. Do you really think you're smarter than all them?

Personally, I think all religion is about people trying to calm their fears. That doesn't mean I think it's stupid.
Just because 80 percent of people do something does not make them right, you know?

I could really be smarter than them. No doubt about it.

Are you trying to say I am dumb by saying "Do you really think you're smarter then all them?"

Quote:
Religion, and my beliefs in God, make my life stronger.

It has helped me through some very, very difficult times in my life.

It has helped me fully celebrate all the good things that have happened also.
Good for you.

My thoughts and decisions made my life stronger. Thinking rationally has helped me through some very very difficult times in my life too.

Exp has helped me fully celebrate all the good things that have happened to me too.

I dont need God to be happy.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Just because 80 percent of people do something does not make them right, you know?

I could really be smarter than them. No doubt about it.

Are you trying to say I am dumb by saying "Do you really think you're smarter then all them?"
No not at all. I'm sorry if you got that impression.

What I mean is that you should perhaps consider that these people have reasons for their beliefs and it's not really your place to judge them.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,572,836 times
Quote:
Same sex marriage was on the ballot here last year; same sex marriage was voted down by something like a 6 to 1 margin.
Dude, please. Maybe you wish it was 6-to-1.

Assuming you're referring to Arizona, the final result was 56% voting for the ban, and 44% against it.

Arizona Proposition 102 (2008) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-09-2009, 11:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,948,234 times
It isn't the conservatives that have been pushing the whole "we need to be tolerant of diversity" stuff that liberals are famous for. Of course, the "diversity" that many liberals embrace is only the superficial type of diversity (skin color, sexual preferences, etc.) and not diversity of viewpoints. I, as a conservative, am very tolerant of the fact that people here in the US have divergent viewpoints. That does not mean that I'm going to blindly accept those viewpoints as equally valid as my own as I strongly feel that some viewpoints that have been promoted by the left are harmful or have caused harm to our nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies