Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Please tell me where those reams of easily obtainable info on the man's earlier life are attainable. I want to know what his country of citizenship when he enrolled in Occidental was. I want to know the same thing about when he enrolled in Columbia. I want to know what his passport he used top go to Pakistan at a time when the US wasn't allowing its citizens to go there. How did he stay there for nearly a year, if he was on a US passport.

None of these things are available because they have been locked up, at his request by all these places. Even the Department of State had that problem before he was elected.

Tell me where I can find all these things. You may be able to force me to admit defeat but I don't think so. I have tried to find these things for too long now and just can't get there from here.

Playing ignorant is not flattering, roy. These things have been hashed and rehashed for months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Did you suggest that I see that Youtube and that it was one from Moveon? If not then the computer fouled up because I used the quote feature to reprint your post. It sure looked like that is what you said.

Look, roy...

I'm sorry your computer skills are so abysmal. With your post count, I figured you had a handle on how forums like this work.

This is your thread. Go back and take a look at post #18. I can't make it any clearer to you. The video you're taking offense at was posted by one of your own, not me.

This does give me some idea of why you're demanding that someone inform you on common knowledge aspects of Obama's pre-presidential background, though.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingraynm View Post
I just can't help but wonder where fellow freedom-lovers like you were when Bush was eroding civil liberties over something so commonplace and age-old as terrorism. Terrorism should be ignored, not used to justify the erosion of civil liberties.

That's why I say ideology is mostly nonsense. Loss of liberty seems to be just fine as long as it's liberties you don't respect. Few understand that this country was founded on the principle that all liberties are to be respected, as we are all equal.
Our civil liberties were put into question to the American people right after 9/11. Perhaps you may like to read what the rest of America outside CD forum thinks about this subject and if terrorism should be ignored.
Quote:
Part 9: Other Issues (Civil Liberties, Immigration, Technology, Environment): The 2004 Political Landscape (http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=758 - broken link)
Civil Liberties and Terrorism

For the first time since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, half of Americans say it will not be necessary for the average person to sacrifice civil liberties in the struggle against terrorism, while 44% believe such steps will be necessary. In three previous surveys since Sept. 11, 2001, majorities or pluralities felt it would be necessary for people to give up some civil liberties to curb terrorism in the U.S.

As noted above, there is growing partisanship on this issue, as a declining percentage of Democrats feel that people will need to sacrifice civil liberties in the fight against terrorism. Only about four-in-ten (39%) Democrats say that today, a decline from 48% in June 2002 and 52% in a survey conducted that January. The shift among Republicans has been far smaller: 54% of Republicans believe the average person will have to give up some liberties to curb terrorism, compared with 56% in June 2002 and 60% in January of that year.
please click on the link provided to read the full report of the survey. also make note that it was published 11/05/2003. President Bush was in office.

I remember seeing a news coverage on this question, would you give up and do you think it is necessary and those having a mic put to their face said yes to both.

We the people need to think about what we say when we say it, because we ask for it, it may get delivered.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Should I not be afraid of The Man when I know so little about his earlier life? Take that one sentence in the letter that addresses a bit of this problem: You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support..

Who did pay for his schooling? Why aren't we allowed to find out some of that from his enrollment forms? How do we learn about him from high school on? WHY can't we know about his earlier life other than the fact that he was a community organizer who based his work on the teachings of Saul Alinsky? We should know much more about his earlier life than we do and I don't know how to learn about those things. He has more lawyers working to keep his background covered and more money to pay them than anyone has to beat them. Yep, I guess he will always be a ghost to most of us.
What do we know about the last 13 Presidents in the relation to your questions above? Where did Bush go to high school, or Nixon, or Kennedy? Where did they live, who paid for their education. Regan, Johnson...oh man I feel like I am taking a history text. I failed.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
This letter came to me in an e-mail. It has been around the internet for a while now. However, I couldn't believe how much like my thoughts these are. I would have written these very words if I wanted to write to my President, which I don't. Pay attention to the last line to see how I really do feel and if you think it necessary plagiarize the e-mail and assign the words to me as they ARE exactly what I think.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama, You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you. Because you have never done anything but liten to the far right and their propoganda, you never want to know who Obama was and never will.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.. Maybe it is none of your business, but if you really did any research you might get some real information on the subject.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American. So if someone spends their formative years in other countries they are not truely Americans, wow you just insulted every military brat out there, many of who go onto following in their parents footsteps. More opion on your part than fact.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.So you believe because he did run a payroll he is not qualified? Might want to do some research on your own local reps and past leaders.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core. Well Bush had a military experience, if you want to call it that, see where that got us. Cheney had no experience and that worked out accoring to you.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others. So now you are just making accusations and personal observations? leave the facts and just make it up as you go Roy.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail. Do they hate America today? Is Obama responsible for other peoples views now, now i know why you refere to him as the messia.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad. because he points out the FACT that we as a Nation have not always done the right thing he bames America for everything, as usual you jump to conclussions, but that is what happpens when you spend so much time reading Anne get your gun Coulter and listening to Rush the pill popper.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector. Really, big accusation there, lets see you provide the facts to back that up, look up the definition of facts before attempting to post them, blogs do not count as such.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one. An out right LIE on your part, he has never stated he wanted national health care, he wants affordable insurance. If you could pull yourself away from your favorite right wing nut sites long enough you would see that the insurance industry is willing to do all sorts of things to stop him from getting his ideas done.
You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves. More accusations Roy, lets see them facts to back it up.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world. More accusations, you seem to be full of those, any actual facts used to base them on?

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations. Extortion, wow, you better call the FBI, they would be interested in seeing your "evidence". Expecting companies to act responsible when taking our money and being able to show they are is called be responsible, something I thought true conservatives believed in, but then again you are not one of those, just a Partisan mouth piece, too bad the Party is unknown, it sure isn't the republican Party.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals. Excuse me but first off he is doing just what Bush was doing and there was not a peep out of you then. I, on the other hand, have felt the bailouts went too far and had far too little accountability in it from the begining. Got a little hypocracy going on there Roy, some things never change.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people. Who would that be, You? Rush? When you find one out there in the far far right you point them out and maybe he will listen, or not.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient. Good God, you really have lost all touch with reality, this thread proves it for all to see.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do. While I believe MSM is left leaning, except FOX, they lean right, I still see them ready to fed any time he steps on it, too bad for you he hasn't done much of that. But hey the day is young.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view. No again, he wishes, as many do that they would just shut the h*ll up until they had something constructive to add. But then again you believe them to be more than the entertainers they are.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing. Ok, off the deep end again there Roy, put up the facts to back up your wild arse claims.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years. But you have already stated that the Muslims were taking over the nation so, yes, according to your past statements, you won't be safe. All BS aside, in four years I wager Obama will win another four years by a landslide. You better find a new wonder kid, the Repubs are now saying Palin is out.

If you don't want to believe that any of these words are so very true maybe you could offer some words of refutation. Wasn't hard, most of your "truths" were baseless opinions, speculations, accusations rhetoric right off the far side web. Maybe you should stick to K's site where the rest of the good old boys can pat you on the back for rambling on and on about the sky falling.
You Have Fun Now,
Casper

Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Don't you know about something called secret societies? You will never know how the powerful get to be powerful.
Like the Bush Family?
You seem to have your presidents confused.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Don't worry, Roysoldboy, I agree with the letter entirely.
As do so many others in this nation.

I don't worry at all because liberals attack me no matter how they do it or why. No, I love it when they do so because most of them attack only me not what I think or post. Those who attack the ideas, I like, because they are at least thinking.

No, no worry from this end.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Look, roy...

I'm sorry your computer skills are so abysmal. With your post count, I figured you had a handle on how forums like this work.

This is your thread. Go back and take a look at post #18. I can't make it any clearer to you. The video you're taking offense at was posted by one of your own, not me.

This does give me some idea of why you're demanding that someone inform you on common knowledge aspects of Obama's pre-presidential background, though.
Common knowledge about The Man's earlier life? Common would mean that everybody knows it but it seems to me that you are the only one. I know so little that I asked you to help me learn and you come back with that common knowledge crap. Ok, don't link me with anything, just answer some questions. Where is his birth certificate? Now remember that we all know about his certification of live birth but that is not a birth certificate, even in Hawaii. What name did he enroll with at Occidental College? What name was he enrolled in Columbia under? This is important because it is not common knowledge what country's passport he used in Pakistan at a time that the US wasn't allowing its citizens to go to Pakistan? Who was most instrumental in getting him into Harvard? I know that but I bet you don't, just from common knowledge.

There are so many more questions I want answers to that are not part of any body of common knowledge. Help me.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:58 PM

366 posts, read 1,185,925 times
Quote:
You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.
This is the real issue all the extreme right-wingers have with Obama.
Read: You don't look like us and you have a funny name. Pretty sad, but pretty true in most cases.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
What do we know about the last 13 Presidents in the relation to your questions above? Where did Bush go to high school, or Nixon, or Kennedy? Where did they live, who paid for their education. Regan, Johnson...oh man I feel like I am taking a history text. I failed.
None of the other members of that 13 had personal locks put on any of that information, but if you can accept it from this one then that is ok by me. I don't, though, and am pretty sure that you could find their school records with no trouble while they were serving as President. This guy wouldn't even let that info out before he was elected.

Don't you remember that the grades of both Carry and Bush were make public long before the election? I sure remember that. People figured out grade averages for their entire college careers but we can't get his grades, even. I will stop thinking that he wasn't using his present name either time until he releases the information.

I remember reading papers some of those guys wrote in college. Why my college was so proud of my Master thesis that they printed it and had several copies in the library. Of course, they did that for every student that won a Masters degree. However, we can't even see any of his papers, of any kind, and I don't know for sure that he wrote a thesis since Harvard can't release any of this. Even his wife's suspect paper wasn't released for some time but final was. It was very leftist leaning.

I will bet that with no trouble one could have seen a copy of the birth cerfificate of the other 12 men but we aren't allowed to see this man's BC since he has it locked away from prying eyes.

Obama could relax me, completely, about all this if he would just release his birth certificate and prove that he was born in Hawaii. His holding back on that keeps me thinking there is something there that he doesn't want us to see. Maybe it says he wasn't born in Hawaii. Maybe it doesn't even exist anywhere but in Kenya where many think he was born. If that is the case he is not legal to be the President of the US. No, he could settle all that crap and I could trust him a lot more, but he either can't or won't produce that certificate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies