Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times

Advertisements

This letter came to me in an e-mail. It has been around the internet for a while now. However, I couldn't believe how much like my thoughts these are. I would have written these very words if I wanted to write to my President, which I don't. Pay attention to the last line to see how I really do feel and if you think it necessary plagiarize the e-mail and assign the words to me as they ARE exactly what I think.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama, You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support..

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

If you don't want to believe that any of these words are so very true maybe you could offer some words of refutation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 11:09 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,567,486 times
Wahhhhh!!!!!

Crybabies...

Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,601,549 times
Ooooo, the boogeyman!! Try a nightlight. It often helps children and their irrational fears.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Wahhhhh!!!!!

Crybabies...
Which of your words refutes one thought in that letter? I didn't expect any refutation from you since your answer was SOP for you.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Ooooo, the boogeyman!! Try a nightlight. It often helps children and their irrational fears.
And which of those points did you refute with the night light gamut? I love it when people like you refuse to discuss but use that kind of answer to show what you really are.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,843,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And which of those points did you refute with the night light gamut? I love it when people like you refuse to discuss but use that kind of answer to show what you really are.
Whats the matter ROB?? Can't get the libs all up in arms over your troll?

Old 05-09-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Whats the matter ROB?? Can't get the libs all up in arms over your troll?
I post something that is the way I think and you accuse me of trolling? Why don't you go to work with some of that good lib refutation? I can handle all their "fun" answers as well as any real refutation.

I find it humorous when libs accuse one of something like that because they have no answers. Good job.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,665,009 times
We know way more about Obama than we have known about lots of other presidents. No one ever knew FDR was in a wheelchair, or that JFK had Addison's Disease, just to give two examples.

He paid for his education with student loans. He supported his lifestyle (not all that lavish) by working, as a law professor, and with royalties from his book.

He spent most of his formative years in Hawaii. Herbert Hoover was also out of the country for long periods of time, again, to give just one example.

That is irrelevant.

Again, not the first pres in that situation. All Reagan ever did was make military training films. Cheney was a draft dodger, and Bush's "military" record is a joke.

That's all I can take on now. Most of the rest is opinion, not verifiable.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,601,549 times
Quote:
And which of those points did you refute with the night light gamut?
Sorry Chicken Little but your copy-and-paste, fear-mongering post doesn't merit refutation, as it isn't an argument.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:58 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,843,369 times
Quote:
I post something that is the way I think and you accuse me of trolling? Why don't you go to work with some of that good lib refutation? I can handle all their "fun" answers as well as any real refutation.

I find it humorous when libs accuse one of something like that because they have no answers. Good job.
Hey ROB you can't refute BS...all you can do is clean it up. The longer that you argue with BS the more it stinks and that is counter productive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies