Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:08 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Remind me what Cheney was elected too by the general population? And don't say VP since you and I do not vote on VP.
Just what I was trying to say in my post after yours.
Mike-the mod I love your posts.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:16 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I've never declared myself democrat, republican, conservative, or liberal on this board.

One thing I find interesting is that "Mike from back East" states the following:

Amazing. It's 2009 and white guys still decide if black guys can be in the club.

He's then attacked by a conservative?, republican? "OmahaBound" who then states:

What a perfect dispaly of liberalism and it's lack of logic. Additionally, it shows how much liberals rely on racism to try and make points especially when race has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand

Where did you ever get race from that discussion

So you would think that the race issue is null and void on the issue, back along springs "Sanrene" who states:

Voted for an untested, inexperienced liberal - because he was black.

Now, I personally listened to Colin Powell when he explained that endorsing Obama WAS NOT due to his race but because he seemed more willing to work with both parties and not be so derisive to other nations and people, among other things.

So Rush and other white republicans really do seem to have a race based bent to destroying any attempt by the President to move the country forward!!
I have no problems with the President's ethnicity for 3 reasons.

1) As a white man (white mutt), I see him just as white as he is black.
2) I'm in a mixed marriage. It'd be tough being racist and having a non-white spouse.
3) Race/color/ethnicity doesn't mean jack sh(*.

To address the rest of your point, you made absolutely no logical conclusions. You merely attempted to draw attention away from Mike's racist post and you failed.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Exactly. I have not heard Cheney saying that the moderate / maverick McCain has left the party, but that Powell has.
As far as we know, McCain actually voted Republican.

Quote:
The only difference between the two faithful lifelong GOP members and war veterans is that Powell is black.
In your racist world, sure. The rest of us 1) do not excuse McCain and his liberalisms 2) can bear a little forgiveness for him at least voting his party.

Quote:
I can't see it any other way.
Of course you can't, you've made it obvious that all you see is race.

Quote:
As far as leaving the party, millions of GOP members have left the party to register as Independent, Libertarian or Democrat. They are not party traitors, the Bush/Cheney GOP betrayed them.
No doubt the party has dropped the ball but the funny thing is that everything you say that would supposedly fix the party is what they've been doing and losing voters in the process.

You've been repeatedly challenged to say how changing the party the way you prescribe is in any way consistent with the way Reagan did when the party was arguably at it's modern peak yet you've been silent. If you've got the answers let us know what they are. Hint, they have nothing to do with race.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Just what I was trying to say in my post after yours.
Mike-the mod I love your posts.
Funny how Mike believes Palin cost McCain votes, thus had an influence on the election, yet somehow people aren't voting for or against the VP.

I love his inconsistency. It's about as worthy as his racism and anti-conservative Christian bigotry.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
And McCain voted with Bush 95% of the time. Nothing changes.

We're not talking about Obama, he's only been in office 110 days and is doing fine.

We're talking Cheney who thinks he is the arbiter of who should be in the party, which is odd, since Cheney is one of the reasons that so many people have left the party and contributed to an electoral landslide for the DEMs.
As a supposed lifelong Republican, can you identify what Obama has done that is consistent with Republican prinicples? Is it the nationalizing of private industry, growing government, gorwing debt, what is it?

Old 05-10-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
A 27% approval rating when Bush/Cheney left office is the proof. Thanks to Bush/Cheney, the GOP lost the election, which they soundly deserved to do. Obama ran mostly against Bush/Cheney, accusing McCain of being a third term for the destructive duo.
And what was the Democrat-led Congress' approval rating? You know, the one Obama was a part of.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why doesn't Powell keep his mouth shut?
In America, country comes before party, is why.

Quote:
You libs
Yeah...

Everyone who disagrees with this clown

is now a "lib". You wingnuts have no concept of left or right anymore. Just who's angriest among the remaining few.

Quote:
are all too welcome to those (R)'s that have a tendency to criticize the party -

Relax...

Take a deep breath...

Colin Powell is an internationally respected, genuine American war hero.

The GOP is giving him the boot. No place left for his kind in your rapidly disintegrating club.

"Country First", right?

Quote:
but when the targets of that criticism speak up, then you want them to shut up, right?
To the contrary. When dirtballs like Limbaugh and Cheney open their mouths, lies fall out. Very amusing lies. I look forward to their utterances.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:51 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Amazing how so many people want to turn this into a trash Obama thread and don't want to discuss Cheney's foolish remarks this morning that he'd rather go with Rush Limbaugh instead of Powell and snarkily imply that Powell is no longer a member of the GOP.

Cheney would rather go with a corpulent, drug-addled, lying blowhard like Limbaugh instead of a serious professional like Powell. Cheney simply proves why the GOP is in such disarray, which Powell addressed this past week and in so doing he ran afoul of the Rush the clown. Then Cheney gets on TV this morning and completes the exacta of stupidity with his sneering remarks.

Who is Dick Cheney to pass judgement on Powell or any other GOP member?

Will the real GOP please stand up? No takers? Limbaugh is all you got?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Colin Powell is an internationally respected, genuine American war hero.
Really? When he came out and said he would vote for obama, the libs totally changed their tune about Powell.

Did you forget the vitriol from the Left when Powell went before the UN regarding Iraq? He was definitely not a favorite of the Left then, was he?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really? When he came out and said he would vote for obama, the libs totally changed their tune about Powell.

Did you forget the vitriol from the Left when Powell went before the UN regarding Iraq? He was definitely not a favorite of the Left then, was he?
Powell was used by Cheney, like a cheap throwaway tool. He was given Cheney's pack of lies and sent to the U.N. to plead the case for war. A lot of people didn't buy the story, both some GOP and some the DEMs and a lot of the U.N. to boot. Today, Cheney completed his cowardly and shameful discarding of Powell.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies