Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It can be accessed by anyone, anytime.
That simply isn't true. And you are either a fool or naive if you believe that, much like you believed that R&D cost more than marketing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:57 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I looked at it and found it interesting:

There were a total of 9 posts.

2 posts were yours
3 posts were flames
2 were "funny responses"
1 post said not bad
1 post said not good - in fact, here is that post

I agree waiting is long and there are nurse and doctor shortages, but that is because of the money. Because our health care is mostly paid for by the Government (tax payer's) there is not much to pay high salaries to doctors and nurses, so they go to the US, once out of the waiting room and into see a doctor all seems fine, at least from my experience. But I have to say that if some people would stop going to the hospital for minor things like the sniffles and wait till morning to see your own doctor then it may free up the emergency room for actual emergencies

So, all in all, not really as you try to portray that thread -

In fact, I'd call your comments above somewhat of a misrepresentation of the responses Hotair.
If any one actually reads the dude above, please look at the Canadian posts yourself and make up your own mind.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Patients stop counting waiting time when we see the doctor, not when we get taken back.
I was trying to be brief, and that's what I get, a snarky response. The practitioner also noted the time s/he saw the pt. I am here to tell you, it turned out there wasn't as much wait time as the pts complained about.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Or they can reach into their own pocket and pay for it.

You know people talk about reducing the cost of health care and I have to laugh. The way they propose to lower the cost is to squeeze providers, pay less for medications, pay less for procedures, pay less to hospitals. But when a patient has to get omeprazole instead of Nexium ( 2 dugs in the same class that do the same thing but one is much less expensive) you would think the world is ending.
Some of these drugs cost a lot of money, as you should know. Why should they pay for the drug and also pay for their insurance?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:03 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If any one actually reads the dude above, please look at the Canadian posts yourself and make up your own mind.
I just iggy him now. I have spoken to Canadians and no health service is perfect but Most Canadians would NEVER want a Health System like the present USA one.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Some of these drugs cost a lot of money, as you should know. Why should they pay for the drug and also pay for their insurance?

Then don't and accept the allternative (law requires a covered drug in every class). Again everybody wants a Cadillac for Honda prices.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 PM

Nothing wrong with generic drugs and they are much cheaper. One of America's top Doctors recently said that he gives his patients the "freebie" named drugs that he gets from the pharmaceutical companies and then tells them to go get the generic brands.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Nothing wrong with generic drugs and they are much cheaper. One of America's top Doctors recently said that he gives his patients the frebie named drugs that he gets from the pharmaceutical compnies and then tells them to go get the generic brands.
I'm not talking about generic vs brand name. I'm talking about insurances denying Prevacid, saying the pt should stay on Zantac which doesn't work for the pt, things like that.

And most people are paying Cadillac prices for this Honda (actually I would say Hundai) coverage.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about generic vs brand name. I'm talking about insurances denying Prevacid, saying the pt should stay on Zantac which doesn't work for the pt, things like that.

And most people are paying Cadillac prices for this Honda (actually I would say Hundai) coverage.
It really is scandalous. It is all down to profits....big profits.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:

Depending on the diagnosis zantac is perfectlly rational treatment.

I see wasteful use of drugs everyday because it is easier for physicians to give into patients than spend the extra five minutes to explain why no drug therapy or different therapy than what they requested is better. By the way omeprazole is not generic for Nexium.

Again for Part D the law mandates a drug in each class must be covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies