Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:50 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I dont see how that is supposed to be a bad picture???

It has some side-boob. No nips. You see more of the women in the actual pageant.
i've seen far racier pics in the JC Penney catalog.

yet, it's enough to throw the far-left into a tizzy. go figure.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Trump is in his glory. What a win-win for him. And he'd love to have Perez Hilton back as a judge.

As for Prejean -- nice speech, well delivered. She was good. I'm sure she had speechwriters but who doesn't?

But that whole patriotism part was just wrong. Freedom of speech is not the issue. The Constitutions says the government cannot censor speech, it says nothing about anyone else. Hilton and other protester have as much freedom to say what they said as she has to say what she said. Trump owns the Miss Universe franchise and he can do what he damn well please as long as he isn't discriminating against a protected class.

And the pictures...well, duh. What a non-issue. Nothing more than a values hypocrisy thing good for a bit of a laugh

Last edited by Sagran; 05-12-2009 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: The doorbell rang and I forgot my train of thought

Old 05-12-2009, 09:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
expect the rage-filled left to try 10X harder to destroy her now.
Doesnt it tend to be the left who protest the pagents to begin with? I could be wrong, but I believe this to be the case..

Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I think she deserves to have her opinion, and that she was attacked wrongfully for it.. But I also think her actions with the protect marriage group is absurd..participating in their press conference and commercials on their political issue.. it's not her place as someone that represents all of California
I don't have any respect for trump, ms. america, or carrie, at this point...not because I have anything against them, I just think the whole organization and it's people are a sham.
she's going to be the modern day Anita Bryant.. I hope she knows what she's getting herself into...
Seems her opinion does represent Ca since they voted no to gay marriage.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,382 times
The patriotism part of the speech was wrong, I agree. Carrie feels that anyone should be able to express their opinions? Really??? Does she think the KKK or Nazi party members should be able to say whatever they want? To spew their hate? Her logic is absurd. That's the nicest way I can think of saying it.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
But that whole patriotism part was just wrong. Freedom of speech is not the issue. The Constitutions says the government cannot censor speech, it says nothing about anyone else. Hilton and other protester have as much freedom to say what they said as she has to say what she said. Trump owns the Miss Universe franchise and he can do what he damn well please as long as he isn't discriminating against a protected class.
Freedom of speech is what it was all about.. the left wanting to limit talk from people who disagree with them..

It wasnt Trump making an issue out of what she said, the speech was right on.

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i've seen far racier pics in the JC Penney catalog.

yet, it's enough to throw the far-left into a tizzy. go figure.
No tizzy, just trying to clarify the morals and values of conservatives. Semi nude, suggestive pics okay as long as only the opposite sex admire them?

All clear to me now.

1,515 posts, read 3,332,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
The patriotism part of the speech was wrong, I agree. Carrie feels that anyone should be able to express their opinions? Really??? Does she think the KKK or Nazi party members should be able to say whatever they want? To spew their hate? Her logic is absurd. That's the nicest way I can think of saying it.
So you believe that people with unpopular beliefs should be silenced?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
Yes, the KKK and Nazi party are entitled their opnion, no matter how wrong it is

Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
So you believe that people with unpopular beliefs should be silenced?
No. Of course not. Carrie has the right to be a bigot. So do you sadly, Mr. "Christian".

But hateful speech like yours, should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies