Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
A question that I have never seen asked, which maybe should have been asked is if under UHC plan fully subsidized by the taxpayer why are large companies not lobbying for passage. Anyone have the answer. I believe I do but I would like to hear other assumptions.
Because, they do not want a UHC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,927,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Because, they do not want a UHC.
Yes of course MOST large corporations do not want UHC. but why. I don= think that is the case with most small companies and therein lies the big secret that is not a secret at all, but it is just one of the things that no one ever talks about.

If there is a tax attorney or CPA who does ERISA reading the post they will probably be able to give you a better answer, so I will wait to see if anyone responds.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:13 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,832,510 times
Quote:
Yes of course MOST large corporations do not want UHC. but why. I don= think that is the case with most small companies and therein lies the big secret that is not a secret at all, but it is just one of the things that no one ever talks about.

If there is a tax attorney or CPA who does ERISA reading the post they will probably be able to give you a better answer, so I will wait to see if anyone responds.
In the UK very very vry few companies give health cover for employees...simply no need to. The ones that do are normally American Companies....but stilll very very few.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
I wonder how much the Barry posters get paid
Oh, knock it off! It's really not funny, and if you believe that people are getting paid to post here, you need to take off your tinfoil hat.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:

I'm neither of the above, but DH once worked for a small start-up with 5 employees, including the founder. It was one of those companies that neo-Con and RW types like to wax rhapsodic about, a small company founded by an entrepreuer. Our insurance sucked, to say the least. And it changed at least once a year. Someone was always selling the founder a new policy that was supposed to cost less. It rarely did, but sometimes the benefits were much worse. Many times our established doctors weren't on the "list", so we had to change docs. The founder's son had diabetes, and one of these insurance "consultants" suggested he drop his son to reduce the premiums, diabetes being a "pre-existing condition". He made the decision as a father to keep his son on the policy, even though the kid could have purchased insurance through his college. I think it was this experience that finally changed my mind on UHC, from "con" to "pro". I once asked my DH, "Don't you think your boss would rather just pay a tax than spend all this time year after year negotiating this insurance crap?" DH agreed that yes, he probably would.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:20 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,832,510 times
[quote=Greatday;8800315]Let me ask this Geeoro: will the UK UHC cover cosmetic surgeries? I'm not talking a boob job - I'm talking about reconstructive cosmetic surgeries after say a mastectomy?

Or, how about a "Tummy" tuck for someone who has lost a lot of weight?

Now, these are but a couple of examples but my research on your UHC says the answer is no.

As i explained in a earlier reply to this post the NHS does perform cosmetic surgery for all medical issues. Now could you please provide everyone with this so called "research" that leads you to your "conclusions"

Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 PM

519 posts, read 687,565 times
Why is it the government's responsibility to provide you with health care? The free market has provided a million doctors of any and every speciality thinkable.

Other than Medicare, which is justified for the care of older retired/non-working folks, why is the impetus on government to see to your well-being? Are you not perfectly capable of setting aside a few dollars per month to cover a doctors visit, or pay for your insurance? If not, then why not?

I'd love to hear thoughts on this.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:29 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
catch up with who? who is the industrialized world?

Old 05-14-2009, 12:33 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,835,363 times
things are looking better for those who have blindfolds on. to the rest of us, they look the exact same. barry=half black bush.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,507,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
Things are looking better then they have in 8 years.

Actually I made much more money last year than I will this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies