Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:23 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
who the f cares?
Well for starters... anyone who as at least LOOKED at this thread and especially those who have actually posted, such as yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 03:28 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
I love Wanda Sykes, esp after her appearance at the President's Press dinner. I have been a fan of Wanda since seeing her on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" - great comedian!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:28 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Reality shows us the consequences of single parenting. Look at some statistics.

The question in my mind, as I said earlier, is whether it's the lack of a parent of the opposite sex is the problem or it's as simple as the lack of any other parent.

And I should make clear, BTW, I have absolutely no problem with gay people being involved with kids in any other way. My concern is not that the kids will become gay, nor do I fear for the kids' safety. I understand fully that homosexuals are no more likely to be pedophiles (or anything else) than heterosexuals.
Reality also shows us the consequences of no parents as well...
single parenting is different than two gay parents.. and the statistics show that it is.. In fact statistics show gay couples raising children are just as capable, loving, and nurturing as their opposite sex counterparts...
advocating mother/father scenario first when their biological mother and father have said they don't want them.. is certainly a noble idea, and i would agree that it would be for the best in a sense of ideology, but i believe it can be addressed case by case, without making across the board laws based on assumptions that a man/woman situation is ALWAYS the best option.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Well for starters... anyone who as at least LOOKED at this thread and especially those who have actually posted, such as yourself.
well for starters I am not the one going on an 11 page rant about how gays should not have kids. Let people live their damn lives

Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,585,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I would post a pic, but i would probably get banned...
Go for it! I've taken heat and infractions for some of my posts. Life is not fun in the slow lane!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
well for starters I am not the one going on an 11 page rant about how gays should not have kids. Let people live their damn lives
Even the most liberal people tend to feel the government has some duty to step in when children are involved.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
For awhile, I thought that opposite-sex couples should be given priority over same-sex couples for adoption purposes. After thinking about it and reading about it, however, I may be changing my mind.
"Several organizations -- the National Adoption Center, the American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics -- say that having gay and lesbian parents does not negatively affect children."
Gay adoption: A new take on the American family - CNN.com

APA Policy Statement on Sexual Orientation, Parents, & Children

Old 05-14-2009, 04:01 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Even the most liberal people tend to feel the government has some duty to step in when children are involved.
Uh why is it the government should step in if the child is being cared for?

Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
For awhile, I thought that opposite-sex couples should be given priority over same-sex couples for adoption purposes. After thinking about it and reading about it, however, I may be changing my mind.
"Several organizations -- the National Adoption Center, the American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics -- say that having gay and lesbian parents does not negatively affect children."
Gay adoption: A new take on the American family - CNN.com

APA Policy Statement on Sexual Orientation, Parents, & Children
Interesting, but not too much info.

I'd like to see a larger study with kids who have been raised by same-sex couples and are at least 20 or so now.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Uh why is it the government should step in if the child is being cared for?
It could cause some of the same problems as single parenting. That's my concern.

Adoption is different from having children biologically, since it's already restricted by states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies