Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:06 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,467,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
You both fail to see outside of your party lines. Do either of you understand the general concept statistics or probablity? Let me put it in layman's terms:

A homosexual couple raising children GUARANTEES the missing element of a father OR a mother.
A homosexual couple is GUARANTEED to be prone to marriage difficulties experienced by heterosexual couples.

A homosexual couple UNLIKE a single parent, can have their ability to raise children curbed.

Plainly put a homosexual couple guarantees deprivation of a child right out of the gate 100%. A heterosexual couple depriving a child to some degree is probable, NOT absolute.
If you meant by reading the above you fail..How can YOU guarantee anything? Everything above is an ASSumption..The only 100% in life is death. Your entire post is absurd. My mom was both my mother and father..and she is straight..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:08 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,419,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
My mom was both my mother and father..and she is straight..
Mine was as well and I know 100% for certain that I could have benefited greatly from a father

Old 05-14-2009, 09:12 AM

36,146 posts, read 30,619,225 times
Crap. I didnt even know Wanda Sykes was gay!

Since Wandas partner was the one that gave birth it makes sense to refer to her as the wife, calling Alex her husband would seem weird.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,506,004 times
I bet Wanda wears steel-toes.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:36 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,693,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
If you meant by reading the above you fail..How can YOU guarantee anything? Everything above is an ASSumption..The only 100% in life is death. Your entire post is absurd. My mom was both my mother and father..and she is straight..
I personally do not guarantee anything, a homosexual couple raising a child inherently GUARANTEES that the child will NEVER have the chance of having a mother OR a father. Why can't the feeblest of mines remotely grasp this?

Your mother birthing and raising you on her own cannot be controlled. Homosexual couples require children being administered to them.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,629,449 times
Basicazlly having grown up with a male father and a emale mother I think it can make alot of difference. Just as those growing up with a single parent or grand parents can. We have seen the results of single female parents already.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basicazlly having grown up with a male father and a emale mother I think it can make alot of difference. Just as those growing up with a single parent or grand parents can. We have seen the results of single female parents already.
Single male parents can be just as bad. Actually, "bad" is probably not the best word. The point is that a home with a loving, non-abusive, caring male father and a loving, non-abusive, caring female mother is by far the best situation for a child to be raised in.

It's not about anyone's parenting ability, but rather about an absolutely certain incapability to make up for the lack of the parent of the opposite sex.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I have no problem with the possibility of the kids turning gay - that is not my concern. I'm not too sure whether that is the other poster's concern.

More than half of kids in America do grow up in single parent (not single family) households, that is true. But it should not be promoted or encouraged. Single parents should not be permitted to adopt either.

There are many circumstances that necessitate being a single parent (death, divorce, pregnancy out of wedlock, etc.). In those situations, it's not ideal for the child(ren), but it can't be banned. Adoption is different because it is something that is heavily regulated and usually involves specifically selecting a home for the kids. The requirements for adoptive parents are much stricter than the requirements for biological parents.
I understand this post is a bit off topic because the thread is about a lesbian actually giving birth herself. I obviously lost sight of that when writing it.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:46 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,613,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
You both fail to see outside of your party lines. Do either of you understand the general concept statistics or probablity? Let me put it in layman's terms:
And just what party line is that?
A homosexual couple raising children GUARANTEES the missing element of a father OR a mother.
Not necessarily. Many homosexual people have either been in 'straight' relationships that produced children or have made it a priority to remain close with the childs 'sperm donor' or 'surrogate'.
A homosexual couple is GUARANTEED to be prone to marriage difficulties experienced by heterosexual couples.
So what are you saying? Homosexual couples are likely to gain weight? Are likely to fight over the Visa statement? Are likely to go on vacation? So what?
A homosexual couple UNLIKE a single parent, can have their ability to raise children curbed.
What exactly do you propose? A spay and neuter program for homosexuals? Because as noted above, adoption is not the only route to parenthood for homosexuals. In fact, I would guess it is the least used route.
Plainly put a homosexual couple guarantees deprivation of a child right out of the gate 100%. A heterosexual couple depriving a child to some degree is probable, NOT absolute.

Your argument is very close to the one used against adopting outside of ones race and/or culture. After all, what do I a white woman know about being an asian male? What do I know about the rich and long history of my sons country of birth? How can I possibly raise him to function in our racist society? Kids will no doubt make fun of him, people of his own culture may reject him for being an adoptee. Perhaps he would have done better languishing in an orphanage amongst his own? Isn't that what your saying? Isn't that your point?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:51 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,743,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Single male parents can be just as bad. Actually, "bad" is probably not the best word. The point is that a home with a loving, non-abusive, caring male father and a loving, non-abusive, caring female mother is by far the best situation for a child to be raised in.

It's not about anyone's parenting ability, but rather about an absolutely certain incapability to make up for the lack of the parent of the opposite sex.
I really don't see the 'gender makeup' of the parent/s as important. If you're talking about 'gender role models' then an aunt, a grandmother or even a close female friend can provide that for a girl and an uncle, grandfather or close male friend can provide it for a boy. I have a friend from the AOL debate boards who has been with his partner for going on 18 years and they have adopted 5 children over that time. (a couple of sets of siblings) The parents and siblings of both partners are very involved in the raising of those children. IMO the best situation for any child is a home where the parent or parents is/are ready, willing and able to provide the love and material needs that child needs to grow up happy, healthy and ready to face the world. If they are not ready, or they are not willing or they are not able to provide those things, then they should not be having or adopting a child.

And, BTW, congratulations to Wanda Sykes and her wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies