Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,923,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Many European countries are scared of offending the muslim community...
In their countries where the muslim population is 2-10%.
What happens when those demographics become 10-30%???
Low european birthrates + high rate of immigration + high birthrate of immigrant..
Population. Its not rocket science.
Religion is not like genetics. It is easily lost upon education, or leaving your religious stronghold. That doesnt me that if 10-30% of Europe had mideast imigrants for over 40 years that there would be 10-30% muslims. Also, not all muslims are batsh()t crazy. That is only a small small percentage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 12:23 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,757,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
16 Million Muslims out of 500 Million Europeans. 2nd and 3rd Generations Muslims become more secular, more like Europeans. They quickly reject most of their ethic culture.

You are using the "American model" of immigration which isnt the..
Same as Europe.Many immigrants do NOT intergrate into european culture
France and its "Muslim Suburbs",Netherlands,Area's of the UK.
Many area's in Europe are no-go areas for non-muslims and..
Halal shops,sharia-friendly banks,traditional garb are the norm.
They go to Islamic worship & schools in many cases.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
\
Yeah, because American immigrants never lived seperatly in their own neighborhoods with their own shops, restaurants, clothing, etc from the rest of society in their first generation.

Have you ever been out of Witchita? Ever go to the cities on the East, or even mine of Pittsburgh? We got old school neighborhoods that use to be german, Irish, Itialian, Polish, Chinese, and it goes on and on.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,408,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
How so? explain? I personally don't like any religion.
I'm in Germany, Austria and Switzerland several times a year to visit family. There are a lot of Muslims in Munich, and Frankfurt and it's obvious they're Muslim because the women are cloaked in black. Although from the outside it may seem as if Europeans are quite tolerant of others, there is a conservative movement which is nationalistic in nature.

An example of this is the popularity of the FPO party and Heinz-Christian Strache in Austria. His win last year is borne out of a type of cultural self-preservation. In the EU there's a lot of discussion about whether or not Turkey should be admitted to the European Community. Politically and culturally Turkey is considered the bridge to the Middle East.

Extreme right emerges as strong force in Austria | World news | The Guardian

Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm in Germany, Austria and Switzerland several times a year to visit family. There are a lot of Muslims in Munich, and Frankfurt and it's obvious they're Muslim because the women are cloaked in black. Although from the outside it may seem as if Europeans are quite tolerant of others, there is a conservative movement which is nationalistic in nature.

An example of this is the popularity of the FPO party and Heinz-Christian Strache in Austria. His win last year is borne out of a type of cultural self-preservation. In the EU there's a lot of discussion about whether or not Turkey should be admitted to the European Community. Politically and culturally Turkey is considered the bridge to the Middle East.

Extreme right emerges as strong force in Austria | World news | The Guardian
Well, there has been skinhead violence for years against Turkish immigrants from my understanding.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are your kids younger than 15? If so it might be a good idea to purchase a good Koran and start them reading it and teaching them how to serve in good dhimmitude. These numbers look much like they will be dhimmis before they die. Watch this piece and then check to see if these numbers are right.

YouTube - Muslim Demographics
So Roy, the message is simple, the Muslims will preach their message and the Christians will preach theirs and the people of the world will descide which to believe or make another choice. It is their choice to make, you do believe in choice don't you Roy? Loved the dramatic way the speaker says Islam and Muslims, but he wouldn't be trying to instill any messages with that, would he
Was wondering when you were going to post your biggest paranoia here for the readers to digest.
Casper

Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,757,249 times
Also, not all muslims are batsh()t crazy.[/quote]

Didnt say they were,
Two cultures that really couldnt be more different.
Europe being mostly secular,gender equal,gay-friendly,sexual open,etc
An Islam-dominated Europe? not impossible
But the backlash is there in many countries like the Netherlands..
Where they had such a liberal open policy on immigration but now..
Are passing more and more laws and more strict policy.
Turkey was not allowed EU acceptance and Austria has swung in..
Favor of very strict immigration control.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,954,538 times
Quote:
I'm not claiming they don't have problems but put it in perspective.

IMO 90% of this would go away if the USA would stop sticking it's nose in Middle East affairs and stop being an apologist and supporter for every dispicable move Israel makes.

You see. Europe gets to hear both sides and their Muslim minorities are very resentful of this one sided treatment. Their frustrations are not so much because they want to spread Islam....they want the USA out of their affairs and this double standard to cease.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:40 PM

968 posts, read 1,036,682 times
I didn't watch the video, but I did look up some numbers. The estimate is that as of 2008, the US is 0.6% Muslim.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:44 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,575,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are your kids younger than 15? If so it might be a good idea to purchase a good Koran and start them reading it and teaching them how to serve in good dhimmitude. These numbers look much like they will be dhimmis before they die. Watch this piece and then check to see if these numbers are right.

Here's a little parable for ya...

I recall a conversation between my dad and his father-in-law (very prejudiced) years ago. They were discussing the 1960 census. My grandad was upset because the census showed that blacks had grown to 11% of the population.

"They're taking over!" is what I recall he said. I don't know why that stuck with me all these years, but it did. And now, blacks have "taken over" to the extenet that they're 12% of the population.

I think you can relax now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies