Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 12:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
abortion is a fact of life. illegal or not. I am pro choice if someone wants to call me pro abortion I could care less. abortion the when and whys should be between a woman and her doctor. it should remain legal. it is not my business if some woman was drunk, had a one night stand, finds herself pregnant and aborts. sad as that may be...not my business. I would rather all these type of woman be able to have abortions if it will protect the women who want an abortion because of rape or incest or her own health. outlawing abortion will only effect the poor and middle class, as rich women will fly to other countries to have theirs while the rest will opt for a coat hanger in the bathtub like they did before roe v wade. either way someone will die. pro lifer's prefer the woman dies before the embryo. will the prolifer's help to stop all the coat hanger abortions and save the life of woman then? pro choice is first about giving the woman her choice to pick the options available with a full term pregnacy or an abortion. in the latter case we put the woman's life before that of an embryo.
E-X-A-C-T-L-Y! As I mentioned in my post above, women will just go to Canada and get it done. They have no restrictions on abortion there. I live 40 minutes away from Canada. If abortion was illegal in Michigan, I would have no problem going to Canada if I needed an abortion and helping friends get there if they needed it.

Only in the US are we still stuck on abortion and gay marriage for a modern country. Sad sad sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 12:05 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
So is self gratification murder?
What part of sperm has the same dna as the male who produced it which is completely unlike the unique and seperate dna that a fetus has.

Unless your **** has the ability to form a human being on its own with no ova in site?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:10 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What part of sperm has the same dna as the male who produced it which is completely unlike the unique and seperate dna that a fetus has.

Unless your **** has the ability to form a human being on its own with no ova in site?
Well mine is considered super sperm but that's a whole different topic. You claimed that if someone intentionally kills it.You'll probably consider this a play on words but that's how you worded it and no one intentionally kills babies,but they can abort a fetus if they choose to do so for whatever reason.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post

Oh and Hate bush!
I was waiting for someone else to bring up Bush. So let me ask you this. Why, out of all 50 states, did the Gov of Texas (then George W Bush) sign into law the Futile Care bill which I mentioned in my previous post?

So the state with the most executions and the one that gives the doctors & hospitals the right to terminate a patient's life regardless of the family wishes, feels that even an embryo is a human life. Huh?

There have been several babies on life support whose lives have been terminated under this law. I remember watching a mother plead with a hospital to give her just a few more days with her 6 month old son. But Texas law allows a hospital to stop all life support regardless of the family's wishes.

(If this has been changed, please let me know. I don't live in Texas.)

Strange that someone like Bush who is so passionate about abortion or "pro-life" & who said that embryonic stem cell research was unethical, doesn't find mimicking a woman on death row (remember his "please don't kill me" mock) or invading a country for no reason or even removing patients from life support after 10 days to be disturbing. Explain this to me.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
I am for putting limits on abortion but still allowing one in case of rape, incest, or death of the mother. Economic reasons or simply not wanting people to find out is not a valid reason.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
E-X-A-C-T-L-Y! As I mentioned in my post above, women will just go to Canada and get it done. They have no restrictions on abortion there. I live 40 minutes away from Canada. If abortion was illegal in Michigan, I would have no problem going to Canada if I needed an abortion and helping friends get there if they needed it.

Only in the US are we still stuck on abortion and gay marriage for a modern country. Sad sad sad.
SOLID REPLY!!! You don't have to be a female or gay to realize that both should be given rights and then we claim how 3rd world countries are backward!

Old 05-16-2009, 12:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Well mine is considered super sperm but that's a whole different topic. You claimed that if someone intentionally kills it.You'll probably consider this a play on words but that's how you worded it and no one intentionally kills babies,but they can abort a fetus if they choose to do so for whatever reason.
And is there a difference between an embryo, a fetus at 12 weeks gestation, a fetus at 20 weeks gestation and a fetus at 31 weeks gestation?
That is my point of contention, and a point of contention for even the most ardent of prochoicers.
I don't think that objecting to abortions past or near the point of viability is an extreme position whereas I do believe the desire to defend abortion for any and all reasons up to and including when labor commences is an extreme position and a polarizing one at that. Needlessly so.

Oh --- and I was not the one you referred to in your original post btw.....

Old 05-16-2009, 01:07 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
if we don't recognize an unborn child as a living thing, then why can someone who kills a pregnant woman be charged with double murder?
It's only an unborn baby when a woman wants to keep it and a "fetus" when a woman wants to abort it.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
gee, sanrene, you missed the pro-guns in this thread. Otherwise, it's the same thread you started last week.
Not so at all. You should have looked at the link OP provided to see that this one was released May 15. It always is a good idea to see what is going on before you attack anyone for entering a thread, IMO.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not so at all. You should have looked at the link OP provided to see that this one was released May 15. It always is a good idea to see what is going on before you attack anyone for entering a thread, IMO.
Roy,you weren't even adding to this discussion until now;so you're doing what you claim she is....attacking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies