Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who's worse?
the US federal government 40 52.63%
the corporations in the US 18 23.68%
they are both evil 18 23.68%
they are both great 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:23 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
And they are progressively leftist cronies that heist astonomical amounts of money from the private middle class in order to transfer it to corporations.
I'm an ex Reagan republican turned dues paying conservative Libertarian. I give just as much crony credit to the RNC as the DNC. They are two sides of the same coin, and both have become adept at picking our pockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 02:42 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Government.

Not all corporations are 'evil.' And frankly, even if they were, if they provide a qualify product and employ people, they are at least useful.

Besides, corporations are legally validated entities, meaning government creates them. So even if corporations are worse, if you track it back to the source, it still ends up being the government.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:46 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
both provide services at a price. corporations need your money, the federal government takes your money. both dine on your dime. both fly on private jets. why are corporations worse than the federal government or vice versa?
Corporations don't "dine on my dime." They dine on there own dime.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:24 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
both provide services at a price. corporations need your money, the federal government takes your money. both dine on your dime. both fly on private jets. why are corporations worse than the federal government or vice versa?
Corporations cannot raise my taxes, write new regulations to control my actions and force me to change my lifestyle, cannot take away my property, or make up new laws and regs to destroy my job ruin me financially, government does all of that.

If I don't like Apple, GM, or General Electric products, I don't buy them, end of story.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:51 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets.

Will Rogers

Old 04-14-2015, 03:59 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyK View Post
Government is worse. No contest. Capitalism will take of itself if left alone (within reason).
I agree. If government were not robbing corporations of profit (taxes, regulations, etc.) there would be no need for corporate lobbyists. This is a "no brainer."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies