Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,435,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
How about starting with the men and leave the women alone. The men impregnate lets stop that action first.
Those worthless incubators.... Good for nothing else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 05:25 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,446,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Yes, she does. But, as you say, she does, not you, not the law. Her body, her choice.
At least at some point, the fetus deserves protection. Once the fetus CAN think and feel and can feel the pain of an abortion, it must be banned.

And, no, I have a right to support changes in the law. Any law that is not ruled unconstitutional CAN make a choice for her and she can be locked up as she deserves for violating it.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,126,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
I wouldn't. As a jurist that wouldn't be my function, any other questions?
A Supreme Court judge is a jurist. So, same question.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,134,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
My response to her was harsh, I admit. I just don't like being told I don't have the right to an opinion - it's rude and I would never, ever say it to anyone.

I've gone back and done some editing.

And, no, I don't hate women.
Don't like being told anything by a woman....right?

And ALL you have done is voice your opinion...never reading other's posts nor answering questions....so quit being so emotional....

Old 05-17-2009, 07:39 PM

749 posts, read 946,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Mr. President, as you speak at Notre Dame today, you will be looking out on a group of young women who are approaching their prime time for child-bearing. Now flash forward 10 years, two of those young women are your girls. Imagine one or both coming to you to say, "you were going to be a grandfather, but I aborted the baby."

In that crowd of young women, some are going to do exactly that to their parents. Just imagine a grandparent's pain....

Lets stop unwanted pregnancies, but not after the fact.

Too bad he was not aborted, then....................

Old 05-17-2009, 07:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,565,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbs42 View Post
Too bad he was not aborted, then....................
But...but...but...I thought you were....pro life......

Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,624,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
But...but...but...I thought you were....pro life......
Everyone is looking for "middle ground". Could this be it?

Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,305,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I AM entitled to my opinion and I am among the 50% of Americans (yes 50%) who support banning abortion in most cases. We have the right to work to have the laws changed just as much as you have the right to support them as they exist.

Don't suggest I don't have a right to an opinion. In this country, your vote and my vote count the same. My vote for pro-life politicians counts the same as your vote for pro-choice ones. Period. Deal with it or leave the country if you don't like men being permitted to vote. I should also remind you that it was men on the SCOTUS who gave you the right to an abortion.

FYI - if you could have a rational dicussion with me as a human being, I'd be more than happy to. But spew venom at me and you shall receive venom in return. I'm actually generally a very fair poster and most people on here (even on the left) will tell you that. You simply have to be polite and show some respect.
I don't HAVE to show respect. Respect is earned. I agree that you have a right to free speech and to post your opinion. In MY opinion, your opinion is irrelevant. Unless you can carry a baby to term, your right to decide what a woman does ends with ejaculation. Choose your partner wisely.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,305,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok

another freedom-of-expression-loathing leftist.
And for your information, I am not "on the left". I am a libertarian.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:16 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,422,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
I think involuntary sterilization would be a better choice, like a manwhore that has 10 kids without supporting them.
Force women to sustain pregnancies except for the ones you force to get sterilized. Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies