Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:26 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,306,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
....yeah and why should a mother have any say so over her own body and life..That should be dictated by Government.

Liberals have no issue "dictating" when the policies are in their favor. Why should they care about a woman's rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 03:30 PM

68,325 posts, read 54,330,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
If we find a single-cell organism on Mars, the U.S will be proclaiming that there is "life" on Mars. Whenever an abortion is carried out, that organism is conveniently not considered "life" in the name of abdigating personal responsibility.

Try real hard, maybe some day you'll understand the difference between 'life' and 'human being'.

As in: Algae is 'life', an amoeba is 'life', a paramecium is 'life', they ARE NOT human beings.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:32 PM

68,325 posts, read 54,330,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Liberals have no issue "dictating" when the policies are in their favor. Why should they care about a woman's rights?
Why should conservatives cry for government to ban abortion when one of their prime claims is a desire for less government interference?

The truth is they're hypocrites.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:44 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,058,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I am watching B. Hussein Obama's commencement speech at Notre Dame, and I was glad to hear people stand up and shout. I normally do not condone that kind of stuff, but what our President supports is inhuman (no, I don't mean inhumane). He supports killing a baby after it is born (partial birth abortion) just because the mother decides that a baby is too much of a burden to her lifestyle. Abortion is an unnatural, and selfish act. More selfish than anything else in the world.

Some people have decided that getting arrested would be worth making a point, and I congratulate them. They are doing what is right. I would do the same if he was at my school.

So thanks to all of you who interrupted a man who supports the murder of millions of babies. You are true heroes. Just as Rosa Parks refused to move, it is time that we refuse to move. We also have morals on our side as did Dr. King and Ms. Parks. We will win, and we will not be silenced, because we must speak for those who never will be able to.

Were they the same people who protested against the war in Iraq?
- children have been dying all along!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:46 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,306,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why should conservatives cry for government to ban abortion when one of their prime claims is a desire for less government interference?

The truth is they're hypocrites.

Its not so much banning abortion as it is stopping the killing of innocent life.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:54 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,929,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Notre Dame will suffer through reduced donations and endowments. Mark my word.
OK, consider your word marked. I've just marked my calendar to return to this post in June 2010. We can then compare the donations made Jan-April 2009 vs. the donations made Jan-April 2010. Somehow I don't think we'll see a big "Obama Speech Effect" on the totals.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:54 PM

519 posts, read 688,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Try real hard, maybe some day you'll understand the difference between 'life' and 'human being'.

As in: Algae is 'life', an amoeba is 'life', a paramecium is 'life', they ARE NOT human beings.
Of course it's way over your head to understand that life begins with a single cell. Only a liberal could revise biology to fit their agenda. Very sad indeed.

I tend to think the scientists at Princeton and abroad know quite a bit more about it than you. But as an pro-abortion liberal, its no surprise that these facts are lost on you.

Life Begins at Fertilization with the Embryo's Conception

Old 05-17-2009, 04:49 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,389,900 times
The protesters were kept a distance from the Joyce Center. The graduates who boycotted the ceremony held a prayer service at the Grotto, out of respect for the university.
If you watched the audience, you would have seen many who did not applaud unless Obama was speaking about the accomplishments or the future of the graduates, including several individuals seated directly behind him. The students not wearing their caps (mortarboards) during the speech did so as a silent protest.
If Obama was not such a egotist, he could have easily declined the offer to speak and be awarded an honorary degree, or simply withdrawn his commitment when he learned that his attendance was causing the university to be in the center of a swirl of controversy.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:57 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,475,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Where do liberals dictate policy based on ideology. Name them and the law changes? Conservatives have no problem trying to dictate abortion and gay marriage, accepting torture, illegal wiretapping and invading sovereign nations while claiming they believe in the constitution and want government out of their business.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:58 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,840,812 times
now why would you bring up JFK's baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Where do liberals dictate policy based on ideology. Name them and the law changes? Conservatives have no problem trying to dictate abortion and gay marriage, accepting torture, illegal wiretapping and invading sovereign nations while claiming they believe in the constitution and want government out of their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies