Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM

185 posts, read 108,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Leftwingers can't get over that idea of 'controlling others' can they?
(So says Weegie)

Yes, everything can be taught by rote and example...let me know how that works out in Health Class when you get to reproduction. How, logically, do you think you're promoting the idea of "self-determination" when you're now
posting about wanting to control others? If you'd learned the fundamentals of critical thinking, you wouldn't be in that corner right now, surrounded by wet
paint.
This is easy. In your example, you teach the kids that every human being has the right to be allowed to live and develop to where they can lead self-determined lives. That's a conservative twofer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:43 AM

185 posts, read 108,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Salukifan writes at 3:17 AM:
He ran like a whipped puppy! Caught in his own faulty logic, and clearly of the GWB school of "I am sooo infallible!"

The Lakers had me worried...Denver's hungry. I'd like to see Phil Jackson get
that 35th.
3:17 AM and I ran like a whippped puppy. LOL. No, dear. It's called going to bed so I can get up and work. Remember, I'm supporting 3 or 4 liberal 'families' with my taxes. Quite a responsibility.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Default I'm not a liberal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
I wondered for two decades how people could be liberals. Especially when the leftwing ideology is based in lies, fear, and ignorance. I've concluded that they rank-and-file liberals probably mean well. In most cases, they just haven't analyzed their own views; for if they had, they would have no choice but to realize the fallacies and contradictions inherent in liberalism.

In fairness, you libs have had a mindset ingrained in you from youth; the mindset that you are not smart enough to control your own destiny; that you must be dependent on others for your job/income/happiness. You were taught that there are two classes of people: poor shlubs like you who are at the mercy of 'bosses'; and the business owner 'bosses' who call the shots only because of inherited wealth obtained from exploitation of shlubs like you. Most liberals probably are not evil people. The evil ones are the liberal political leaders who push all the lies onto undiscerning people.

I am here to release you from your shackles. I am going to educate you on what conservativism is truly about. It's not at all like the caricatures your liberal masters have indoctrinated you with.

Here we go:

1) Conservatives feel in control of their own destiny.
Studies show people are happier and live longer if they feel like they control their lives. Conservatives do that. There is a reason why most business owners are conservative. They are in charge of how well their business does. No boss is telling them what to do or when to do it. Creating a business idea, planning it, implementing it, figuring your way around roadblocks and accomplishing the goal is the greatest feeling in the world. YOU determine to a large degree how much money you will make, and you will make more than the rank-and-file employee. There is nobody to tell you you can't do something, and there is NO limit on your resourcefulness and creativity in getting it done. Can anything be more beautiful than that?

2) When liberal policies rule, liberal politicians become more powerful; when conservatives policies rule, politicians become LESS powerful.
Think about this maxim. It is of monumental importance in understanding politicians' motives. It proves that conservative politicians espousing LESS government are putting the people ahead of their own poliltical power. When there is less government, there is LESS centralized power and less money going to government; therefore every politician is weaker.
The opposite is true of liberal politicians. Liberal success=more money=more power for politicians. This is the best indicator of which side has purer more altruistic motives.

3) Conservatives are the most generous
This one flies in the face of the liberal narrative that conservatives are selfish and greedy while liberals are generous.
According to the annual Generosity Index, conservatives are more generous per capita in charitable contributions. Red state sconsistently occupying the top 20 positions while 10 least generous states are blue. And it has nothing to do with income. Some of the poorest states like Mississippi have a very high ranking while wealthy Massachusetts is ranked among the lowest.
I believe this has to do with the positive outlook self-directed people have. Think about it. When do you feel the most generous? When your happy about life or when you are gloomy? Self-determined people are happy and give more. Miserable folks give less.
The irony is that liberal politicians annoint themselves as 'caring' and 'generous' because they volunteer OTHER people's money toward spending programs for the poor. In reality, the money is coming from highly-taxed conservatives, who in turn, get bashed for 'selfishness'. Incredible, isn't it?
Abortion is another great example. Conservatives who oppose abortion have nothing to gain from it. There's no money in saving babies you've never met. There's no political power in it, as we proved in #1 above. On the contrary, there is BIG money if abortions are peformed. Big money for aborrtion clinics and big donations for pro-abortion politicians. Again, whose motivations are purer?

So the message to take away is: Take control of your destiny. It will make you happier, more generous, more confident. You will find yourself having enough in common with conservatism that you'll one day wake up and realize "Hey. I'm a conservative." I underwent this journey toward personal autonomy during the Carter recession. Losing my job forced me to look within at age 30. When I took control, I realized that I had indeed become a conservative. I was shocked at the revelation, especially because up to that point, I, too, had considered conservatives greedy and selfish. I realized how wrong that stereotype was.

I hope you liberals embark on this journey. I wish you well.

... but the remaining lunatic fringe in the GOP would probably consider me one, since I'm not one of them.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:17 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
Quote:
It's not so much what I want that matters, it's what IS. I'd say most self-determined people are conservatives, and most negative dependent people are liberals.
This is a ridiculous generalization. I'd say most people are closer to the center with some to the left of center and some to the right. We are not that polarized in terms of the majority. Most of the people I talk to are a mix. Part fiscal conservative, part social liberal is a common mix. Or maybe that's just the people I tend to meet and they are not indicative of the general population. One never knows.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
You shouldn't be on the pipe and key board at the same time. Not only was Bush response to those responsible for 911 not swift, it was non-existance. Instead of taking it to the terrorists in their own backyard, he chose to take up the fight for his "daddy" and go after Sadam. I'm glad you mention Bin Laden, thanks to Bush, he has had 8 years to rub his hand and the rest of his body.
Yeah. We continue to "search" for the "evil ones" when they are right next to us...in our own bed even.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
So why are most business owners conservative? Is that a coincidence?
Do you know most business owners? Again. Ridiculous generalizations...Way to go!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:16 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Blacks vote Democrat 90%. If you say I'm lying, I invite you to name even one black church that endorses primarily Republicans.

Originally Posted by blackandproud
whew you are NOW reaching so far. Planned Parenthood do not help anyone? Are you serious? With the abortion debate that is currently going on. Then to put the nail on your idiotic mindset, you state that ALL of the black churches openly endorse democrats. Name them all...name EVERY black church in the US, then show me the Tithe envelope prooving that you were there. and you claim liberals are liars

Go back to my entire response to your BS quote. Don't try to now wiggle your way out of the the ascenine statements you made. Now go back and address what you originally stated

Old 05-20-2009, 11:39 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
How do you know who the "usual supects" are already? Are you also Eeeee22895?
ACK!!! I forgot about him!

Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
3:17 AM and I ran like a whippped puppy. LOL. No, dear. It's called going to bed so I can get up and work. Remember, I'm supporting 3 or 4 liberal 'families' with my taxes. Quite a responsibility.

I am certainly not your "dear." You started another thread, and still haven't answered exactly how your "self-determinism" squares logically with your expressed desire to control others. As for the number of liberal families that you "support," please provide a credible link for that flat assertion. I suspect that there is none, just as there is no logic to back your condescension toward students and other posters. BTW, I doubt that many parents would view your attempt to create "weegie-bots" as an integral part of their child's education...nor would it be viewed as "self-determination" but rather simple indoctrination. BTW, I asked the question at 10:50 p.m., not 3:17 a.m.

Last edited by Evenstar51; 05-20-2009 at 02:51 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 02:47 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
This is easy. In your example, you teach the kids that every human being has the right to be allowed to live and develop to where they can lead self-determined lives. That's a conservative twofer.

I gave no example; I asked a question...which you still doggedly ignore. SSDD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies