Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM

8 posts, read 11,944 times

Advertisements

Blacks had a culture. It was stolen from them when they were brought to this country as slaves. They've developed one that suits them in this part of the country and again it's being stolen. They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. Blacks are the Orginals OK? Don't you watch the History Discovery Disney Channels? HUH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
I'm not saying the democrats "caused" it. I'm saying their policies make it worse. It becomes a self-perpetuating cycle because the democrats do not see anything wrong with their own polices/ideology.

Its also white liberal types that make excuses for poor and uneducated blacks and try to legitimize dysfunctional behavior.

No really? I totally didn't see that that before.

The problem is, if they keep voting for the policies and ideas of the democrats, they will remain poor and be plagued by high crime and high school dropout rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 01:20 PM

8 posts, read 11,944 times
Default U R Pissing Mi Off

Atlanta... Isn't that where all the down low men live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
More intellectual capacity talk from Racist in Atlanta..

Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Because I don't want to go to political rallies with people like you. Nothing personal but your posts suggests I wouldn't like it.
You don't take a position because it "feels good" or you don't "like". You take positions because its the right thing to do.

Quote:
At least I can disagree with them and still break bread without feeling dirty. Believe me other than a few plants not many Blacks would feel comfortable at a Sarah Palin rally.
If come with the attitude that "I'm a black man treat me differently" then no, I don't thin you'd be very comfortable. Try the mindset of "I'm a human being and American and would like to hear what the republicans have to say".

Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
When you can convince Black folk that you care about us than maybe just maybe the Republican Big Tent will actually grow. However until that happens moderates within the party can only hope and look down the road at the opposition tent that is overflowing with diversity.
One thing you should understand is Republicans aren't going to chase you down and bend over backward.

Republicans are also not going to attempt to buy your vote with handouts and entitlements like democrats.

When black folks finally want real change from high school dropout rates, crime, illegitimacy etc, we can begin to talk about the
republican viewpoint on these things and how to solve them.

Last edited by BayDude; 05-20-2009 at 01:51 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamishon View Post
Blacks had a culture. It was stolen from them when they were brought to this country as slaves. They've developed one that suits them in this part of the country and again it's being stolen. They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. Blacks are the Orginals OK? Don't you watch the History Discovery Disney Channels? HUH!

What are you talking about. Lol.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:59 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
One thing you should understand is Republicans aren't going to chase you down and bend over backward.

Republicans are also not going to attempt to buy your vote with handouts and entitlements like democrats.

When black folks finally want real change from high school dropout rates, crime, illegitimacy etc, we can begin to talk about the
republican viewpoint on these things.

All political parties pander. Just look at the relationship between republicans and the evangelicals. The bottom line is republicans do not have the desire to reach out to black folks like they do with other groups.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
All political parties pander. Just look at the relationship between republicans and the evangelicals. The bottom line is republicans do not have the desire to reach out to black folks like they do with other groups.
Not true at all.

John Mccain I believe was booed out of a black church when he made a presentation there. republicans make attempts to talk to the black community but have to deal with preconceived notions or racism. There alot of ignorance on the part of black folks who somehow think all republicans are racist. Black folks won't even give them a chance.

The RNC chairman is also black guy. Its clear that the republicans are making an effort to change their image tokenism or not.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
If come with the attitude that "I'm a black man treat me differently" then no,
I don't know any black men who wanted to be treated "differently" we just wanted to be treated as men.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:19 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
democrats don't treat blacks badly, they use them to get into office. repblicans do the same thing with bible thumpers.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
democrats don't treat blacks badly, they use them to get into office. repblicans do the same thing with bible thumpers.
The proposition presumes that African Americans are separate and apart of the Democratic Party, as if Democrats are white and blacks serve in some auxiliary a totally separate position when the fact is, without mentioning that the highest ranking member of the Democratic Party is an African American, African Americans serve as elected leaders of the Party from the lowest block captain to the Party's national committee. Which, makes the question and the questioner foolish on the face of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies