Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:10 PM

530 posts, read 648,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The president did not decide roe versus wade. Yes i think its up to the people of each state to decide. Since it currently not up to the states I have every right to try to support the overturning of roe versus wade. Sorry if you do not think I have that right
you have every right in the world, even those rights you wish to take away from others. I just saying that no matter what the only way you will be santisfied is if you get exactly what you want, you don't want to discuss, or compromise, you just want to be right. What makes you anymore right, just or moral than anyone else!

Old 06-28-2009, 04:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,205,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
you have every right in the world, even those rights you wish to take away from others. I just saying that no matter what the only way you will be santisfied is if you get exactly what you want, you don't want to discuss, or compromise, you just want to be right. What makes you anymore right, just or moral than anyone else!
And the only you are satisfied is if you get it exactly your way. So in that trait we are the same. You also just want to be right. What I believe is my position is moral because it protects life. You think your position is moral because of money and that a woman has the right to kill her unborn and people have no ground to tell her she does not.
So i can ask you the same thing what makes you anymore right than anyone else?
One position defends the right to live, one position defends the right of a woman to kill at will.
we both think we are in the right so do not lecture em that I am the only one that will be satisfied unless I get what i want

Old 06-28-2009, 06:53 AM

530 posts, read 648,976 times
Quote:
And the only you are satisfied is if you get it exactly your way. So in that trait we are the same. You also just want to be right. What I believe is my position is moral because it protects life. You think your position is moral because of money and that a woman has the right to kill her unborn and people have no ground to tell her she does not.
So i can ask you the same thing what makes you anymore right than anyone else?
One position defends the right to live, one position defends the right of a woman to kill at will.
we both think we are in the right so do not lecture em that I am the only one that will be satisfied unless I get what i want
No the rest of us are willing to compromise and look for solutions, your only solution seems to be making it illegal, which really isn't any solution at all because women will still have it done. I don't think i'm any more moral or right than anyone, infact i'm quite sure of it, but unlike you i am willing to admit that. I am also willing to admit, that i don't know the road that these women who have abortions travel, therefore I can't know their reasons, unlike you. I also know that there is no way to know the wishes and wants of the unborn, unlike you who want to pretend to speak for them. No one wants to have their personal rights removed, you even proved that yourself, so why would you want to for someone to give up a right that you yourself are not willing to give up. When you bring a solution to the problem to the table other than the same old broken record crap you've been spewing then we can start to have a real discussion, until then your just an annoying little dog barking in the background because it likes the sound of its own voice!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:18 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,347,991 times
Quote:
What I believe is my position is moral because it protects life. You think your position is moral because of money and that a woman has the right to kill her unborn and people have no ground to tell her she does not.
The term life does not just mean the breath, eat, sleep and such...life is also happiness, stress, and a direct result of our actions. So, for you to say your way protects life is only half true. Your view protects a fetus's life, which is not a human yet. Sorry but its not.

And a pro-choicers view is moral, not because we want to protect our wallets or a womans right to kill at will, that is just a childish thought. our view is actually protecting the total life and rights of a woman, and protecting a would be child from not being wanted. We protect the right to choose for oneself...sorry if I do not seek to control what one person does or does not do.

I dont agree with abortion...and I wish that there was never a reason for it. However, we live in an age where it is around and for the most part needed.

Also, you already have it your way, you want abortion to be illegal...well that is not now or ever happening again...but you still have it your way...you feel that it is immoral to have an abortion...and you have the right not to get one.

Quote:
Actually, your possition does not support the right to live...well, not happy, comfortable, or loved. Our position defends the right to choose.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
The term life does not just mean the breath, eat, sleep and such...life is also happiness, stress, and a direct result of our actions. So, for you to say your way protects life is only half true. Your view protects a fetus's life, which is not a human yet. Sorry but its not.

And a pro-choicers view is moral, not because we want to protect our wallets or a womans right to kill at will, that is just a childish thought. our view is actually protecting the total life and rights of a woman, and protecting a would be child from not being wanted. We protect the right to choose for oneself...sorry if I do not seek to control what one person does or does not do.

I dont agree with abortion...and I wish that there was never a reason for it. However, we live in an age where it is around and for the most part needed.

Also, you already have it your way, you want abortion to be illegal...well that is not now or ever happening again...but you still have it your way...you feel that it is immoral to have an abortion...and you have the right not to get one.

Actually, your possition does not support the right to live...well, not happy, comfortable, or loved. Our position defends the right to choose.
Half this thread has been about finances. The finance questions have all been from the pro choice as they use it to defend their position
My position supports the right not be allowed to live.
as long as you think supporting killing the unborn is moral then you can hide behind that screen. I see how easy it is to scream a woman has the right to kill is. Its an easy thing to defend as long as you believe its not killing.
the moment you understand abortion is killing is th moment you Can no longer support it

Old 06-28-2009, 09:22 AM

341 posts, read 450,800 times
I just want to say: PRO-CHOICE Christian here!

The bottom line is, I have the right to make my OWN decisions when it
comes to the best interests of the potential baby and myself!

Nothing will ever change that. The laws will NEVER be reversed, and I
thank GOD for that. It looks like 67% of the poll proves that most people
would agree as well.

I know it just KILLS some people to think that I might actually have
the ultimate say in a situation that regards MYSELF and my pregnancy.
Too bad! Women are in control of their bodies and destiny, and I am
SO sorry for the little minded people that actually believe it means that
they are going to mass murder or start some type of genocide. You're
obviously very pathetic and ignorant and have NEVER been to a clinic
or counseled women in your entire life...because I guarantee you wouldn't
say that kind of stuff until you experienced LIFE itself.

Anyhoo...let me remind some of you troublemakers once again, the USA
is pro-choice. Let's see how long it takes some idiot to roll out with the
name calling " babykiller" stuff .

I'm not saying some women aren't cold..but sorry to tell ya, this is NOT
the case at least 95% of the time! I can say this from dealing with post-abortive
women.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum333 View Post
I just want to say: PRO-CHOICE Christian here!

The bottom line is, I have the right to make my OWN decisions when it
comes to the best interests of the potential baby and myself!

Nothing will ever change that. The laws will NEVER be reversed, and I
thank GOD for that. It looks like 67% of the poll proves that most people
would agree as well.

I know it just KILLS some people to think that I might actually have
the ultimate say in a situation that regards MYSELF and my pregnancy.
Too bad! Women are in control of their bodies and destiny, and I am
SO sorry for the little minded people that actually believe it means that
they are going to mass murder or start some type of genocide. You're
obviously very pathetic and ignorant and have NEVER been to a clinic
or counseled women in your entire life...because I guarantee you wouldn't
say that kind of stuff until you experienced LIFE itself.

Anyhoo...let me remind some of you troublemakers once again, the USA
is pro-choice. Let's see how long it takes some idiot to roll out with the
name calling " babykiller" stuff .

I'm not saying some women aren't cold..but sorry to tell ya, this is NOT
the case at least 95% of the time! I can say this from dealing with post-abortive
women.
Let me remind you as an American I have every right to voice my concerns and try to get Roe versus Wade overturned.
the only thing being killed here is the unborn.
So you must approve of third term abortions.
let me remind you denying life to 49 million since roe versus wade is a genocide

Old 06-28-2009, 12:51 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,347,991 times
Quote:
Let me remind you as an American I have every right to voice my concerns and try to get Roe versus Wade overturned.
let me remind you denying life to 49 million since roe versus wade is a genocide

I am so tired of you repeating the same two points...

Third term abortion is wrong and most pro choicer would agree.
The 49 million that you say are denied life...includes medical problems(woman or child) and rape victims...those two scenarios are not wrong, no matter who says so.

Also, yes...money does play a factor in having a child. Most abortions are due to not being able to afford it...they also know how hard it is to give up a child for adoption...I dont care who you are...it is not an choice to make. Same goes for abortion, it is not a easy task.

But ultamitly pro choice it the support of control over ones own body.

How do you feel about test tube babies? What if the government grew children in a lab for people to adopt? How do you feel about that?

Would you say that it is unnatural or unholy? If they destroyed the fetus or aborted the process killing the undeveloped would you still think it is wrong?

Last edited by fractured_kidult; 06-28-2009 at 01:00 PM..

Old 06-28-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I am so tired of you repeating the same two points...

Third term abortion is wrong and most pro choicer would agree.
The 49 million that you say are denied life...includes medical problems(woman or child) and rape victims...those two scenarios are not wrong, no matter who says so.

Also, yes...money does play a factor in having a child. Most abortions are due to not being able to afford it...they also know how hard it is to give up a child for adoption...I dont care who you are...it is not an choice to make. Same goes for abortion, it is not a easy task.

But ultamitly pro choice it the support of control over ones own body.

How do you feel about test tube babies? What if the government grew children in a lab for people to adopt? How do you feel about that?

Would you say that it is unnatural or unholy? If they destroyed the fetus or aborted the process killing the undeveloped would you still think it is wrong?
1) The pro abortioners use the same points over and over. The reason they do and they reason I do is because both sides believe in their cor epoints.
2)I have said abortion should be legal to save the mothers life.
3) most abortion are not due to because of money as you stated.
Reason for abortions
Wants to postpone childbearing: 25.5%
Wants no (more) children: 7.9%
Cannot afford a baby: 21.3%
Having a child will disrupt education or job: 10.8%
Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy: 14.1%
Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy: 12.2%
Risk to maternal health: 2.8%
Risk to fetal health: 3.3%
Other: 2.1%
Abortion Statistics by U.S. State, Race, Age and Worldwide Statistics (http://www.abortiontv.com/Misc/AbortionStatistics.htm#Why - broken link) [SIZE=1]As reported by:The Alan Guttmacher Institute Online:[/SIZE]

4)Pro choice control the life two people an abortion kills one

5) test tube babies would not be aborted. I do not think we need test tube babies if we would stop killing the unborn now

Pro choicers claim they do not think third term abortions are good.
So should third term abortions be illegal?

Old 06-28-2009, 02:05 PM

341 posts, read 450,800 times
Quote:

Sure free speech. Ain't gonna do ya much good buddy . So you continue to waste your time.
I don't agree with 3rd trimester abortions unless it is for SEVERE/EMERGENCY circumstances. But again, most women are capable of deciding that themselves.

Sorry to break it to ya buddy, but we can't punish all women just because others abuse the abortion law. Does it bother me that there are a few women out there that think it's a joke to abort their 24 week old baby? Absolutely. But they are VERY rare.

Oh, btw, I love how you didn't take long to prove my ignorance theory LOL..ya know..the whole "genocide". You really believe abortion is like those ads of them throwing out babies don't you? 95%+ of women don't wait until they are past the 1st trimester...so shame on you for falling for it .

PRO-CHOICE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.