Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 AM

530 posts, read 649,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
And blah blah blah the more you talk the more committed to genocide you prove you are. when it come to a life or death issue i do not need to see the other side side that chooses death. I will not show empathy for the side that chooses death. You can be rude and insulting all you want, that just proves how committed to the pro death/choice side you are. And it proves how staunchly without playing your politic correct wording game is that i will stay for the rights of our most innocent. You do not view a fetus as life and you cant prove it is not. I view it as life until it can proved not to be life. And i will write letters and stand up for the most innocent in society whether you like the term pro death. The term pro choice is as vile to me as the term pro death is to you
See the problem with that arguement is the supreme court already ruled it wasn't a life. We could rehash the when does life begin debate again, but honestly we aren't going to agree. I am very glad you are so strong on your political veiws and hope that you will continue to stand up for what you believe in because in america that's your Choice and right to do so. Interesting enough you slid by answering the question I ask about mandated abortion...perhaps before you admitted we should all have a choice. Lines in the sand my friend.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Has anyone ever checked the DNA of the feuts? Is is human? Is it the same DNA as the mother or any other human being? Do the answers to these questions matter?
I think you have a legitimate question. I think since stem cells from aborted babies are used by humans that a fetus would be human

Old 05-27-2009, 08:12 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
I think you have a legitimate question. I think since stem cells from aborted babies are used by humans that a fetus would be human
Stem Cells aren't taken from abortions. They are taken from excess embryos created through IVF.

Are metal rods human as well? We put metal rods into humans arms and legs, so they must be human too.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
See the problem with that arguement is the supreme court already ruled it wasn't a life. We could rehash the when does life begin debate again, but honestly we aren't going to agree. I am very glad you are so strong on your political veiws and hope that you will continue to stand up for what you believe in because in america that's your Choice and right to do so. Interesting enough you slid by answering the question I ask about mandated abortion...perhaps before you admitted we should all have a choice. Lines in the sand my friend.
I have long said i understand it currently legal. I have not argued that roe versus wade is not the current standard. And the only choice I see is life
so forced abortion is not a choice do not even try that

Old 05-27-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Stem Cells aren't taken from abortions. They are taken from excess embryos created through IVF.

Are metal rods human as well? We put metal rods into humans arms and legs, so they must be human too.
So you claim stem cells are not human cells

Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
So you claim stem cells are not human cells
Is dry skin alive?

Is hair alive?

Am I a murderer every time I pluck my eyebrows?

Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Is dry skin alive?

Is hair alive?

Am I a murderer every time I pluck my eyebrows?
Dry skin is a human cell as long as your question is related to human skin

Hair has human DNA as long as you are using human hair

Plucking an eye brow is not killing you are anyone else.
However plucking a babies brains out of its head din the birth canal thus denying a human the chance to live.
I assure you are free to pluck your eyebrows out without killing a human. Abortions deny humans the right to live.
Stick your head in the sand with your eyebrow hair, Pretend we have not denied the life of 49 million since roe versus wade. Claim its like an eyebrow if that helps you sleep at night. How does it feel to approve denying life to 49 million. Do you ever care about their lives what they could be. Do you care they had no rights and were given a death sentence because people like you compare a fetus in a womb to an eye brow

Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I have long said i understand it currently legal. I have not argued that roe versus wade is not the current standard. And the only choice I see is life
so forced abortion is not a choice do not even try that
So, you would want the choice to refuse mandated government abortions (if they existed). As usual you missed the point, it was you would want a choice.
Still wondering about the morning after pill, don't hear anyone screaming from the rooftops how wrong it is, yet its just a chemically induced abortion. But since the egg probably just got fertilized, I guess it's ok? So when does a fetus become a baby again, day.......

Old 05-27-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
So, you would want the choice to refuse mandated government abortions (if they existed). As usual you missed the point, it was you would want a choice.
Still wondering about the morning after pill, don't hear anyone screaming from the rooftops how wrong it is, yet its just a chemically induced abortion. But since the egg probably just got fertilized, I guess it's ok? So when does a fetus become a baby again, day.......
No it is you that does not get it. I am against abortion. In your hypothetical trying to play PC games I am against abortion. The morning after pill is something I have no opinion on as I do not understand it fully. I assure you if i studied and viewed it as an abortion I would be against it

Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 AM

I am not playing pc games, i am merely proving my point. In this discussion, you have admitted war and abortion are not the same when it benifited your arguement to do so yet continue to call abortion genocide. You said that sometimes(for the mothers safety) abortion was acceptable( what makes a mothers life more valuable than a "innocent childs".) You have said you wouldn't accept abortion if mandated by the govenment( hypothectally), thusfore stating you should get a choice( the same one we are asking for). You seem to be for saving all the unwanted and unborn, but refuse to accept there are millions dying everyday from hunger( and yes I posted a link with the statistics) and don't seem to be too up in arms about that. We can all agree abortion isn't the best answer. But it is the LEGAL one. and even you don't seem to know or want to acknowledge when life begins. All we are saying is that we deserve a choice, the very same choice you get. Seems simple enough right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies