Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2007, 07:47 PM

345 posts, read 203,459 times

Advertisements

Yo Lf. Another little example of humin lumin. I think I'll just give you a rep point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM

56 posts, read 161,352 times
Onthe road - what I am seeing page after page after page is that most of the anti-Bush posters hate him for three reasons. 1) he seems to have gotten somewhere in life due to preceived family connections 2) his family was rich 3) his family was very rich. These seem to be the main basis for all the hatred in these pages and I see ALMOST no evidence posted as to why he may be the worst president and getting into law school because of connections simply doesn't make you the worst president - it means you are rich and connected. Is this whole thread about envy maybe?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:55 PM

1,247 posts, read 925,894 times
AmaznJohn, in this country, we spend our lives working for things we don't need. That doesn't make you happy. Most households require two incomes to sustain themselves. This is having an adverse effect on society. Is it worth it?

The real estate bubble didn't make most peoples' lives any better. It did help some speculators make some easy money, but that's about it. It was nothing more than temporary gratification. There was no real economic gain.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:56 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Its all about priorities and principles. I'm not an advocate of border protection as many define it. Also, I don't really care how the rest of the World perceives us because they will never be satisfied until we give all of our riches to them. If you think money can't buy happiness, you're not spending it correctly.

The old saying "money can't buy happiness" has been proved wrong by researchers at The University of Nottingham. A study into lottery jackpot winners - those who have won more than �1 million - found that a resounding 97 per cent of interviewees were just as happy, if not happier, following their big win.....The study found that though the money brought with it financial stability and security, it was not necessarily material possessions that enhanced winners' lives. 44 per cent of winners said that being able to spend more time with their family contributed to their happiness, compared to 26 per cent who said it was the ability to buy or do what they liked.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=53610
Did you know that 54.9 % of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no validity?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 PM

1,247 posts, read 925,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy View Post
Onthe road - what I am seeing page after page after page is that most of the anti-Bush posters hate him for three reasons. 1) he seems to have gotten somewhere in life due to preceived family connections 2) his family was rich 3) his family was very rich. These seem to be the main basis for all the hatred in these pages and I see ALMOST no evidence posted as to why he may be the worst president and getting into law school because of connections simply doesn't make you the worst president - it means you are rich and connected. Is this whole thread about envy maybe?
You haven't read my posts.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
If you think money can't buy happiness, you're not spending it correctly.
And if you think it can you're easily pleased

Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
I think we've just spent too much time, on too many threads bashing GWB and we are now left with the left-overs. -

Check some of the older threads and let me know if you agree!

And, btw, shammy, we already roasted Ted Kennedy a few weeks back and he can't be charred too many times in any given month.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 PM

56 posts, read 161,352 times
It is not 54.9%, it's 68.7% that are made up, and remember President Lincoln said 'you can fool 74.9% of the people 88.6% of the time' or was it 91% of the people 73% of the time?

Old 04-10-2007, 08:09 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,782 times
Quote:
It is not 54.9%, it's 68.7% that are made up, and remember President Lincoln said 'you can fool 74.9% of the people 88.6% of the time' or was it 91% of the people 73% of the time?
I don't understand 76.9% of what you said.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:18 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
I say inflammatory to your face and in your reputation.

What the devil are you talking about? And if all you can do is spell liberal in capital letters and make inferences and provide no content, what contribution are you making!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAINTUCK View Post
For youins what think George Bush is a weanie. The guy you thought shouda won coudn't get into a good masters program in Journalism and still hasn't found a subject beyond science fiction worth getting a ghost writer to present. George Bush can fly a jet which is somethin ain't a damn one of you guys can do. I can write a coherent sentence better than the 105 I.Q. (that's generous) global warming snake oil salesman, Jack Benney/Henney Penney, master of whinney! Plus I bet he only gets an erection when his mommy serves him warm milk. What say ye L.I.B.E.R.A.L.S?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies