Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:35 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,197,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
That certainly is denegrating the faculty at these fine institutions. What exactly were his "crappy" grades, btw?

Very low Cs, borderline Ds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 03:51 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,668,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Anyone interested in the Bush's Administration historical contribution, may consider listening to www.democracynow.org (today's program 4/10).

I find the information provided by Peter Eisner regarding Niger uranium mining very compelling! You may or may not be surprised at how intelligence was gathered for the war in Iraq--but this clear mis-step by President Bush and Vice President Cheney allays any doubt I might have had that he is among the worst presidents we've had in this country.
I'd be real careful taking information you receive from democracynow.org as gospel.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:54 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,668,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Very low Cs, borderline Ds
Where did you get your information?

If that was the case, then I guess he really is a dummy. Anyone who couldn't pass Yale or Harvard Law with anything less than a B, must really lack intelligence. Alert!!

Old 04-10-2007, 04:00 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,059,223 times
Thanks for your opinion and/or advice. I am rather grown and can make the proper distinctions--and in fact, I hold Democracy Now in high regard.

And, not even the bible is gospel.

Quote:
I'd be real careful taking information you receive from democracynow.org as gospel.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,522,799 times
Lightbulb ah yes-

Quote:
How many "slow" individuals have a bachelor's degree from Yale and a Master's from Harvard Law Schoold? How many on here can HONESTLY claim the same accomplishments? You JerZ?
schoold(?)

It always helped that Bush got in due to nepotism, not on his own merit. I am sure there were a few brilliant candidates vying for admission who were bypassed because of the Bush dynasty. He did not get a 1500 on his SAT's. Many others did, and were not accepted. Plus he doesnt seem like the sort of man who reads a book, other than the occasional NYT best-seller (less than 100 pages), when he is being photographed.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:00 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,060,469 times
I sometimes wonder, maybe it's NOT all an act? Maybe he really is just a good ol' boy?

While I think his administration has been a great detriment to the country, as a man I like the guy and I believe in his heart he thinks he's doing the right things. I think he's probably too far into the deep end and has not been helped much by the advisors who should be helping him.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,327,424 times
His SAT scores were 180 points below the median score for the Yale class of 1968.

So a rich kid with less-than-stellar SAT scores is admitted to one of the nation's best university. That same kid grows up and attacks affirmative action. After all, he got into Yale partly because he's a special minority - a rich kid whose family name had huge pull with Yale's admissions office.

He's a hipocrate. Him and Clarence Thomas.

And folks get offended when I put this man down.

The scariest part is not The President, but the folks that put him in office not once but twice!!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:04 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,866,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
(snip) .......the folks that put him in office not once but twice!!
Are you sure?

Oh crap! There goes my reputation score again.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,522,799 times
So a rich kid with less-than-stellar SAT scores is admitted to one of the nation's best university. That same kid grows up and attacks affirmative action. After all, he got into Yale partly because he's a special minority - a rich kid whose family name had huge pull with Yale's admissions office.

He's a hipocrate. Him and Clarence Thomas.

Couldn't agree more. The same people who attack Kennedy and his family are offended when faced with the fact- it is the same with Bush. The truth hurts. I really don't understand why some people rush to his defense.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 PM

4 posts, read 9,359 times
Quote:
I am not sure that is a problem. There are many hypocrites in the world. Those who post one thing, yet in reality think quite differently. Or those who get upset at bad drivers while cutting someone off on the freeway. In the end a tree is judged by the fruit it bears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies