Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,773,024 times

Advertisements

Mental Ailment????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 03:24 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
This is a lie, plain and simple. His gender is male, as his dna, chromosomes and genitalia. He thinks he's a girl, but he is not.
Another bold but inaccurate statement. The more you know, the more you know you don't know. Put another way, if you know very little its entirely possible that you would think that you know everything. The more you learn, the more you will realize how much you don't know.

According to this poster:

gender (physical) = male
dna = male
chromosomes = male
genitalia = male
brain = female (She thinks she is female)

It's a lie.
It's pure.
It's simple.

I'm reluctant to call you names or make other disparaging remarks because I realize that you just don't know what you are talking about. But I just can't resist. You, my friend, are a simpleton. Pure and simple.

- Reel

Old 05-20-2009, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Exactly,

Taking into consideration puberty when he'll get a surge of male testosterone which will change his world view entirely.

The kid is still just a kid and it could be psychologically damaging for this boy to be turned into a female at the age of 8.

Some 8 year olds think they can walk up walls like spiderman after watching a cartoon.

I think it's just fantasy.
I suppose this is what this forum is for. People can spout what they think whether they know anything or not.

1. NOBODY is turning this 8 year old boy into a female. This child is not on hormones and no surgery will be performed. These parents are simply letting their child express what he/she feels. Will her/his feelings change? Maybe but probably not. If they do, that will be the course the parents follow and, I'm sure, breathe a sigh of relief. If they do not then other plans will be made.

2. Yeah, hormones at puberty will make a HUGE difference. If this child is not transgendered these changes will be welcome. If this child is transgendered these changes will horrify her and confuse her. I don't know if you are female. But if you are, how would you like to be shot up with male hormones! I think you would be horrified and I think the way they made you feel would confuse the hell out of you.

3. I'm sure these parents will allow puberty to start and then evaluate the situation before deciding how to proceed. If warranted, then and only then will hormone therapy start.

4. There will be no surgery until this child is at least 18 years old.

- Reel

Old 05-20-2009, 06:01 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,314,645 times
Lots of girls are being 'raised' as boys. They're called tomboys. They don't wear dresses, they play sports and don't play with dolls. Why is that not an issue?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Lots of girls are being 'raised' as boys. They're called tomboys. They don't wear dresses, they play sports and don't play with dolls. Why is that not an issue?
Because they are not being 'raised as boys' becuase they are transsexual. But in case you think that it is more acceptable for females to act masculine than it is for males to act feminine, you are 100% correct. I'm not sure why this should be the case but it is.

- Reel

Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
But in case you think that it is more acceptable for females to act masculine than it is for males to act feminine, you are 100% correct. I'm not sure why this should be the case but it is.
Masculinity is simply more valued in American culture than femininity. That's why it's fine for girls to be "tomboys" (but boys can't be feminine), for women to wear "suits" (but men can't wear dresses), and why gay women are persecuted, attacked, and insulted a lot less than gay men. Also, in terms of gender identity, the boundaries of what constitutes "a real man" are much more rigid than the boundaries for women. Women can be sensitive or tough, and both are acceptable; if a man is sensitive, it's generally frowned upon.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:24 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Masculinity is simply more valued in American culture than femininity. That's why it's fine for girls to be "tomboys" (but boys can't be feminine), for women to wear "suits" (but men can't wear dresses), and why gay men are persecuted, attacked, and insulted a lot more than gay women. In terms of gender identity, the boundaries of what constitutes "a real man" are much more rigid than the boundaries for women.
Good point. If Hillary can dress like she does, I don't see why Biden can't dress like Palin.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:35 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
I was wondering why he cannot simply be accepted as a boy who prefers feminine things, as tomboys are accepted.
Don't you wonder if,from the time he was a tot, he was chastised for his preferences?
That he may have been 'led' to the idea that girls liked frills and dolls and so reached the conclusion that he must be a girl .
How many boys and girls are told 'girls don't play with trucks"...."Boys don't play with dolls" "Now now...boys don't cry" etc etc....

Old 05-20-2009, 03:19 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Young Boy To Publicly Live Life As Girl - Local News Story - KETV Omaha

should this be allowed?

if not, who makes that decision?
i watched a special on tdc channel about two twin boys.. well one of the twins penis was accidentally burned off when the were circumcised.. and they tried to rase one of the boys as a girl well to make a long story short both the twins commited suicide when the grew up... it was a very depressing special...

Old 05-20-2009, 06:34 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
The child is transgender, meaning she was born with the body of a boy but the sexual identification as a girl. It would be terribly cruel for this child to have to live as the wrong sex until reaching an age where the decision is not up to parents and school.
It would be terribly cruel to ignore the fact that the boy has a mental problem that should be dealt with rather than making an excuse for this by saying that he is just "trapped in a male's body".

Quote:
There was an experiment done many years ago when a pair of male twins were being circumcised. On one of the boys the penis was seriously damaged. The solution they came up with was to raise this child as a girl. Except he was NOT a girl. There was an interview with him and the story of his life a year or so ago on tv. He felt as if he was in the wrong body and lives as a male now.
Well, duh. Because HE IS A MALE!!! That's how he was born.
This kid did not have a mental problem, he knew he was a male. His problem was the result of a doctor's mistake that caused serious physical damage, no doubt compounded by the fact that his so called "doctors" decided that the best way to fix their error was to experiment with his mind. If this did in fact really happen it is pretty sick, and these "doctors" are people I wouldn't want anywhere near me. Sounds like something Mengele would do.

The problem with this "transgendered" kid isn't physical, it is psychological.

Quote:
The transgender child is no different. We have a sexual identity and dressing and being named differently does not change that. I applaud the parents and the school for giving this child the chance to avoid the life other kids have had who are pegged and raised as the wrong sex.
The wrong sex? The only thing telling this boy that he is the wrong sex is his mind. The truth, however, is there for all to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies