Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:49 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I assume everyone on the internet is uneducated until proven otherwise. Just because a person has a lot of posts, it doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're talking about
True that. I have had many exp with people like that. Its not cool

Explain. Written references would be nice, too.
See post 19. "God told me to do it" says Bush who is a neocon.

No, because I have a finite amount of time to waste online and I can read faster than I can watch. Also, I'm not an avid believer of "I watched this youtube video online, so that makes me an expert on this subject". LOL. Not even Youtube. From Yahoo! News. A legit source for news. Of course, you talk before seeing. LOL
Answers in above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
ok, you're not following me.

even if Bush thinks it's a Christian war, it doesn't make it a Christian war.

let me state that a different way.

even if Bush started this war for religious reasons, that, in and of itself, would not make it a Christian war.

For it to be a Christian war, Christians themselves would have to be going "rabble rabble, we want to kill all Muslims".
Indeed, some of them do want to kill Muslims and constantly talk about making Iraq a Christian Country. There were even threads here last year I remember which were being deleted by certain users (not sure if I can name them or not-Think it goes against TOS) saying that. Saying that they should now start celebrating Christmas there and that it should be Christian, etc etc.

I know a religious Christian Republican who actually tells me that it is better to shoot them dead until they accept Christ. No joke.

How does starting a war for religious reasons not make it a religious war?

So was it ok for Bush to start this war for religious reasons?

Old 05-21-2009, 01:54 AM

654 posts, read 466,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Answers in bold. Thanks.
Use the quote button, instead of making me fish for your answers, k?

Quote:
Huh?
I thought you were addressing the fact that people and non-Christians should not have to foot the bill for the Iraq War, but I was wrong since I am now under the impression that this is a Christian/non-Christian thing for you.

Quote:
There is no war on Christianity. What are you talking about?
You previously asked me if I would be ok if we declared an Islamic war on Christianity. I said no.
Quote:
I know! I already posted my answer to this twice.
Just because we are Americans, we all have to bailout GM and Chrysler, but non-Christians shouldn't have to pay for an American war.

Yeah, that makes a boatload of sense.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:00 AM

564 posts, read 892,502 times
Quote:
Yahoo! (http://www.yahoo.com/s/1074643 - broken link)

According to this video (and as many of you may know), it was shown that some documents regarding the war in Iraq had Biblical proverbs and quotes on them. Bush 's Iraq briefings said that. Bush even called this war "Crusades". Palin and Bush have both said that this is "Gods War".They both are Christian.

Since this is a Christian War, should non-Christians pay taxes to support this war?

Since this is a Christian War, why are Churches not paying taxes to help support their Christian War?

I think that if non Christians are forced to support this war, then they should get more respect from Christians for pitching in. I mean, even Muslims in the USA are paying for this Christian War.

I also think that the Church should lose their tax exempt status and help pay for this war.

How hard is it really? Think about it.

PS-No, I am not anti Christian. I am just stating that perhaps now that it is being proven that this is a Christian war, Christians should stand up and take responsibility for it by having their Church pay taxes. After all, aren't most pro war, pro religion people Republicans? Republicans always say that responsibility is important. So why not take up responsibility and have the Church pay?

I don't see any reason why the Church should not pay taxes after this.
What a joke! More disinformation, Muslims are peace loving people (the lot) this has nothing to do with Christianity. There is only one country in the Middle East that wants the Muslims wiped out, subversive. Sadly the U.S. is doing its bidding. Our money, Dead soldiers, heartbroken families, infrastructure, reputation, misery and the hatred we now have from countries all over this world from what we have done. When is America going to wake up and understand how much this little coward country in the middle east is controlling our foreign policies?

HELLO IS ANYONE IN THERE? DO YOU ALL NEED A BASEBALL BAT TO THE HEADS BEFORE YOU WAKE UP?

Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
Quote:
How does starting a war for religious reasons not make it a religious war?
It's complicated. As simple as possible:

1) Bush was a puppet. He didn't make any decisions on his own, nor did any ideas come from him. At first he said he started invaded Iraq because he thought Iraq had "nuclur" weapons, and then he started saying he invaded for religious reasons. I'm not buying any of it. It makes sense for him to say it's for religious purposes, because as you've discovered American Christians would and did rally behind him during a time when he and his war were unpopular. He needed all the support he could get.

2) Christians backing Bush up AFTER the war has started, doesn't make it a Christian war.

3) There are neocons in positions of power who wanted this war, and there are more neocons than Christians who wanted this war. That's why it's a neocon war and not a Christian war.

Quote:
So was it ok for Bush to start this war for religious reasons?
As far as I can tell, there were no good reasons for us to start this war when we did and how we did.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:06 AM

654 posts, read 466,192 times
Quote:
ok, you're not following me.

even if Bush thinks it's a Christian war, it doesn't make it a Christian war.
Declaring a war and acting in the name of God certainly has religious undertones. Does it make it an "official Christian war"? No. I am not sure what would make it an official Christian war.

Quote:
even if Bush started this war for religious reasons, that, in and of itself, would not make it a Christian war.
So, if Bush declared a religious war it wouldn't be a religious war? I do believe that he didn't have the blessing from the pope and the Church spoke out against some of his actions, but nonetheless one cannot rule out his theological perspective of good vs. evil and how it played a role in the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.

I can't help but believe that some Christians tolerate this war since they believe the end times are near and the turmoil in the Middle East plays a significant role in the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Do all Christians believe this? No.

Quote:
For it to be a Christian war, Christians themselves would have to be going "rabble rabble, we want to kill all Muslims".
Judging how some of them called Obama a Muslim terrorist and Antichrist during the election, I bet some do hold this opinion.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:08 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
What a joke! More disinformation, Muslims are peace loving people (the lot) this has nothing to do with Christianity. There is only one country in the Middle East that wants the Muslims wiped out, subversive. Sadly the U.S. is doing its bidding. Our money, Dead soldiers, heartbroken families, infrastructure, reputation, misery and the hatred we now have from countries all over this world from what we have done. When is America going to wake up and understand how much this little coward country in the middle east is controlling our foreign policies?

HELLO IS ANYONE IN THERE? DO YOU ALL NEED A BASEBALL BAT TO THE HEADS BEFORE YOU WAKE UP?
The US clearly wants a toehold in the middle east and it can boss Israel around. No other middle eastern country is going to let the US do that to them.

When the oil is depleted, and if Muslim fundamentalists quit terrorizing the US, the US will go away.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:15 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Yahoo! (http://www.yahoo.com/s/1074643 - broken link)

According to this video (and as many of you may know), it was shown that some documents regarding the war in Iraq had Biblical proverbs and quotes on them. Bush 's Iraq briefings said that. Bush even called this war "Crusades". Palin and Bush have both said that this is "Gods War".They both are Christian.

Since this is a Christian War, should non-Christians pay taxes to support this war?

Since this is a Christian War, why are Churches not paying taxes to help support their Christian War?

I think that if non Christians are forced to support this war, then they should get more respect from Christians for pitching in. I mean, even Muslims in the USA are paying for this Christian War.

I also think that the Church should lose their tax exempt status and help pay for this war.

How hard is it really? Think about it.

PS-No, I am not anti Christian. I am just stating that perhaps now that it is being proven that this is a Christian war, Christians should stand up and take responsibility for it by having their Church pay taxes. After all, aren't most pro war, pro religion people Republicans? Republicans always say that responsibility is important. So why not take up responsibility and have the Church pay?

I don't see any reason why the Church should not pay taxes after this.

Should non-aborters pay for abortions for women? Should working people pay welfare to lazy people? Should childless people pay for public schools?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:22 AM

519 posts, read 688,656 times
Asinine thread.

I implore every supporter of this concept to stop paying taxes. You DO have that option. No one is making you pay taxes to pay for anything. But be prepared for the consequences, and remember that you asked for those consequences.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:34 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Unfortunately, there are no check off boxes on our tax returns designating what our dollars should go for.
Unfortunately , the best way to try to have an effect on what those dollars support is by voting.
CDs P&OC forum gives you a place to rant about what those voted in are spending them on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies