Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Wow!

Let's see...workforce to population is ~1/2...CA population is ~38 million...

Therefore, workers can expect $8.26 extra on their paychecks...wait...that's per year. It's an extra 16 cents per week. Whoopie! Who's buying? Make mine Juicy Fruit...check that...I'll have a stick of Doublemint!

Yeah, let's put poor children on the street so you can have an extra stick of gum per week.
The issue isnt what the population will save, its what the state will save, $157,000,000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The issue isnt what the population will save, its what the state will save, $157,000,000
Money that can be had FOR 16 CENTS PER WEEK!

Aren't you the same people who criticize Obama's tax credit of $13 per week as being "insignificant?"

I'd gladly pay an extra 16 cents rather than see poor children go hungry and homeless. Anyone who wouldn't is heartless and has some serious greed and insecurity issues.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Their parents/guardians will find another way to support them other than taxpayer funds (like getting a job).
Yes, because there are so many jobs being created in CA today.

Quote:
If not theres always charity. They are ready and willing to help.
If charity were sufficient, there would be no need for welfare.

Quote:
My main concern is whether or not there will be a corresponding tax cut to accompany the cult in welfare services. Perhaps it might
give productive people a reason to stay.
Oh yeah. Sixteen cents per week. What an incentive!

Old 06-09-2009, 01:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times
Quote:

Aren't you the same people who criticize Obama's tax credit of $13 per week as being "insignificant?"

I'd gladly pay an extra 16 cents rather than see poor children go hungry and homeless. Anyone who wouldn't is heartless and has some serious greed and insecurity issues.

Do you live in California??? Now, I'm sure other states have this issue to, but there are FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE ON WELFARE THAT ARE ABLE BODIED. I know of 6 right off the top of my head that are getting food stamps and welfare while working under the table for cash.

Welfare needs to be completely done away with, then rebuilt from the ground up with new regulations and requirements, like drug testing and proof of looking for work.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,532 times
Quote:
Yes, because there are so many jobs being created in CA today.

Illegals have no right to anything in this country. If they starve, so be it, one less illegal to wory about. They don't even have a right to any charity. There used to be more charity when it wasn't the illegals taking it all so that the Americans didn't get any or very much less.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:04 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,968,882 times
Quote:
Bzzzt. Wrong. If there were no need for political posturing, there would be no need for welfare.

Quote:
Weren't Obamatron apologists claiming "a little here, a little there makes a big difference" when Obama was trying to cut from the budget.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:

Feel free to send your $157,000,000 check to the state of California. If you dont, then you'd rather see poor children go hungry...

Old 06-09-2009, 02:10 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
People and California's illegal immigrants on welfare flooding the neighboring states. It's not like all the citizens can get a job when illegal immigrants take so many of the jobs. OK, that will work.

If California rounded up and deported all their illegal imigrants, the real citizens would have jobs at living wages.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Do you live in California???
I'm ten miles from the NV/CA border. What's your point? I can read and do simple arithmetic.
Quote:
Now, I'm sure other states have this issue to, but there are FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE ON WELFARE THAT ARE ABLE BODIED.
I'm so mad!!!!!
Quote:
I know of 6 right off the top of my head that are getting food stamps and welfare while working under the table for cash.
People scamming the system. Imagine that. I'm so mad!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Welfare needs to be completely done away with, then rebuilt from the ground up with new regulations and requirements, like drug testing and proof of looking for work.
I agree with eligibility requirements, and such requirements may already be in place. Even with these requirements, people will still find a way to scam the system, so don't worry, you'll still have an excuse to be so mad!!!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Feel free to send your $157,000,000 check to the state of California. If you dont, then you'd rather see poor children go hungry...
Try some basic arithmetic and get back to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies