Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Individually, you are right, they are not. As an ideology, in conjunction with the perceived obligation of others to be politically correct, indoctrination is taking place. Sometimes subtly. Sometimes not so subtly.
You can indoctrinate till the cows come home.

Your sexual orientation is part of the temperament given to you by your Creator at birth, not a doctrine or a choice. This is not a lifestyle, it's simply a part of life. All of the gay friends I have will tell you without thinking that being gay is what they are, not who they are.

you can't change your sexual attraction to one sex or the other any more than you can chamnge your race, place of birth, or who your parents are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
I could care less too, but what I do care is that Obama is consciously picking "diverse" people to head powerful positions and this prerequisite will be extended to the Supreme Court.

Judging by Obama's rhetoric and actions, if you are a white male, you will be automatically disqualified from certain positions.
I share this concern. It's not because I want white males in the positions, but rather because I want the most qualified people in the positions.

It needs to be race, sex, and sexual orientation-blind. Period.

He seems to be using AA for these appointments and I can't help but feel that it sets a terrible precedent.

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Individually, you are right, they are not. As an ideology, in conjunction with the perceived obligation of others to be politically correct, indoctrination is taking place. Sometimes subtly. Sometimes not so subtly.
I as a gay male, wish to be enlightened on this indoctrination procedure...you see the gays didn't have it, as you say, til recently. I guess I just got lucky in the sixties.....when I was growing up. LOL

Old 05-21-2009, 07:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Well, thank you for at least recognizing that gays are not a monolithic group. I do get tired of reading statements that suggest all gays think alike.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:59 PM

519 posts, read 688,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I as a gay male, wish to be enlightened on this indoctrination procedure...you see the gays didn't have it, as you say, til recently. I guess I just got lucky in the sixties.....when I was growing up. LOL
The case of Massachusetts David Parker who was arrested because he refused to leave a meeting where they had turned down his request for allowing him to opt-out his child from class when being taught about homosexuality. This went to the Supreme court and the court refused to intervene and allowed the schools to teach homosexuality without parents’ permission.

Parents should have a say about what their children are being taught. Anti-christian folks have been crying for decades over the same type of thing. Have they not?

This, my friend, is indoctrination.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
The case of Massachusetts David Parker who was arrested because he refused to leave a meeting where they had turned down his request for allowing him to opt-out his child from class when being taught about homosexuality. This went to the Supreme court and the court refused to intervene and allowed the schools to teach homosexuality without parents’ permission.

"Indoctrination" is an inflammatory word that's often used by anti-gay forces who can't stand the idea that kids might learn that there are gay people in the world and that they deserve to be respected like everyone else.

They also teach kids that blacks are equal to whites. I guess that's "indoctrination" too.

If you don't like the public school curriculum, then you need to either put your kids in a private school or take on the school board. Public school teachers are just trying to do their jobs.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:03 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
It is simply teaching children to be more tolerant...I knew when I was 5 or 6 years old...sure would have helped to know I was not alone. It is NOT indoctrination...otherwise you can say evolution is the same indoctrination....or teaching football.....you can look at anything that way if you twist it .

Old 05-21-2009, 08:07 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:

Parents should have a say. Anti-christian folks have been crying for decades over the same type of thing. Have they not?

Why shouldn't children learn what homosexuality is? Do you think if you don't educate them it will just go away?

If parents had the guts to teach their children what they need to know and answer ALL the questions they ask about sex honestly and age appropriately, there would be no need to touch on much in school besides the basics. That includes aberrations, procreation, birth control, abortion, and gender orientation.

i never could figure out why parents would be afraid of their children learning all there is to know about every subject there is. Knowledge is the only weapon a child has against the world.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:14 PM

519 posts, read 688,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why shouldn't children learn what homosexuality is? Do you think if you don't educate them it will just go away?

If parents had the guts to teach their children what they need to know and answer ALL the questions they ask about sex honestly and age appropriately, there would be no need to touch on much in school besides the basics. That includes aberrations, procreation, birth control, abortion, and gender orientation.

i never could figure out why parents would be afraid of their children learning all there is to know about every subject there is. Knowledge is the only weapon a child has against the world.
I don't disagree with you. However, I also believe that parents should be given a chance to opt-out if they don't feel the teachings are up to their particular standard or belief. That goes for any subject, not just homosexuality.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 PM

654 posts, read 466,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I share this concern. It's not because I want white males in the positions, but rather because I want the most qualified people in the positions.

It needs to be race, sex, and sexual orientation-blind. Period.

He seems to be using AA for these appointments and I can't help but feel that it sets a terrible precedent.
I definitely agree with you. At best, AA should be a temporary a policy that becomes abolished or obsolete as individuals start viewing other people as individuals rather than individuals whose traits are determined by a collective ideology such as race, sex, religion, etc.

Some people are mature enough and already arrived at this stage to see an individual, unfortunately our President is not. While I believe his intentions are good, they are ultimately misguided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies